PDA

View Full Version : E-Cigarettes

Goofy
13-10-12, 11:25 PM
7 weeks ago i had a rather nasty asthma attack and wound up in hospital for 3 days....... when i got out i decided i was finished with smoking for good (was smoking 40-50 a day prior to it). Since then i've been on the e-cigarettes, starting out with a skycig and moving onto the better gear since then........ just wondered if anyone else had tried them or fancies giving it a go? :)

ebfatz
13-10-12, 11:56 PM
Still planning on it.
Spoke to you in SB on the day you mentioned it but haven't got round to it.
Was a bit put off by the one you were on having reviews saying it tasted plasticy at the end of the cartridge.

I've cut down on the real things a fair bit to be honest. Down to about 5 or 6 a day at the mo from about 20/30 maybe more.
The missus has quit cold turkey so she's urging me to quit completely. I'm slowly weaning myself off them.

Erkifino
14-10-12, 12:24 AM
(was smoking 40-50 a day prior to it)

More money for gambing! :ok:

On a serious note, good luck to both of ye with quitting/cutting down. :ok:

Goofy
14-10-12, 12:28 AM
Still planning on it.
Spoke to you in SB on the day you mentioned it but haven't got round to it.
Was a bit put off by the one you were on having reviews saying it tasted plasticy at the end of the cartridge.

I've cut down on the real things a fair bit to be honest. Down to about 5 or 6 a day at the mo from about 20/30 maybe more.
The missus has quit cold turkey so she's urging me to quit completely. I'm slowly weaning myself off them.

If you fancy trying the good stuff then send me a pm, dont want to spam the board :tup:

Goofy
14-10-12, 12:29 AM
More money for gambing! :ok:

Did you check the betting thread tonight? :D

Erkifino
14-10-12, 12:32 AM
Yeah, you don't need any more money for gambling! :lol:

Goofy
14-10-12, 12:35 AM
Yeah, you don't need any more money for gambling! :lol:

Oldham fucked me out of a ton+ today in the 96th minute......... wankers

WelshRed
14-10-12, 12:57 AM
I tried the one you buy over the counter in Tesco, that kind of worked when I had a drink... I stopped for a good few months... Then went on the piss and started again :crazy:

My mate in work had the liquid one, which looks like a small, Erm smoking device shall we say... Tried that and it's much more of a hit and you have different strength oils to go in them :ok:

May have to retry again soon...

Cam F
14-10-12, 08:29 AM
I stopped using Champix, only smoked when I drink but was still hard to do.

I use the one like Welshred from Tesco called 10 promises. Looks like a cig, is the equivalent of 30 cigs but I think that is bull & is more like 20.

I puff through that on a night out or drinking at home but not cheap at 6 a go.

A guy in my work has an e-cig but it looks like a pen so don't fancy that. Would like one that looks like a cig but is cheaper & reusable.

Jotun
14-10-12, 05:07 PM
Considered this earlier but ruled it out due to the high price. Trying to quit smoking instead, manage to quit twice before but felt I "deserved" a pack and got stuck to it again both times. Aren't I the nicest of gents :applause:

Goofy
14-10-12, 06:39 PM
My mate in work had the liquid one, which looks like a small, Erm smoking device shall we say... Tried that and it's much more of a hit and you have different strength oils to go in them :ok:

May have to retry again soon...

This is the kit i started with - http://www.vapeescape.co.uk/the-ve-riva-1100-deluxe-kit~151 Works great, i charge both batteries every night and take both to work with me complete with filled up cartomisers/clearomisers. Theres a mental selection of eliquids you can buy to fill them with, some of the flavours are fuckin awesome :D See here - http://www.vapeescape.co.uk/search.asp?types=Grizwald%27s+Gourmet+Range+%3E+Go urmet+Recipes I'm currently vaping a Cool Pineapple flavour :rockon:

Would like one that looks like a cig but is cheaper & reusable.

Unfortunately none of those ones have any kind of decent battery life, you really have to go for a bigger battery model imho

WelshRed
14-10-12, 08:51 PM
That's the one my mate has I think, looks like it anyway...

He has a USB charger so just docks it throughout the day. If you work with PC's it's no problem.. If not you are fooked :(

Bevchenko
16-04-14, 01:16 AM
crazy how these have taken over, see them everywhere now.

Although I see the health benefits for a regular smoker switching to these I also fear for the younger generation who have taken up smoking (or more regularly) by jumping on the bandwagon of this "must have" gadget?!

Redknapp69
16-04-14, 01:26 AM
Yeah - getting more popular in UK now
I think people look fucking stupid doing it - maybe a decent way to help stop smoking but people that do it ongoing is a bit odd!

charliebhoy67
16-04-14, 01:52 AM
stopped 13 months ago after 16 years,i highly recommend champix,after 7 days i forgot i smoked seriously....joining a group is beneficial also

info0
16-04-14, 09:20 AM
The thing is I don't think this is less hazardous to health than normal cigs (of course I know normal cigs produce tarry substances which e-cigs do not).

Here is nice report:

http://www.cancer.org/cancer/cancercauses/tobaccocancer/questionsaboutsmokingtobaccoandhealth/questions-about-smoking-tobacco-and-health-e-cigarettes

Worth a read as a pre-caution. Glad that I never smoked and don't have to deal with any of this shit :lol:.

colml
16-04-14, 09:46 AM
crazy how these have taken over, see them everywhere now.

Although I see the health benefits for a regular smoker switching to these I also fear for the younger generation who have taken up smoking (or more regularly) by jumping on the bandwagon of this "must have" gadget?!

Yeah, I see people that have never smoked before using these things, fecking madness!

ebfatz
16-04-14, 09:54 AM
Champix seems to be the way forward.

Haven't meant a person yet who has said that Champix has failed.

Dermotron
16-04-14, 10:01 AM
Cold turkey and willpower only thing that works.

Was 20 a day man.

Then was 20 Niquitin mini's a day.

Both costing a fortune and pretty sure the Niquitin Mini's were harder to quit since they have stronger dose of nicotine.

It's a simple thing to think of, in 3 days your body will be pretty much nicotine free (2 really but 3 days to be sure) and after that you have 3/4 quarters of the battle done. The other part is making sure to have a time put aside where you have a clear run. You will need a few weeks out of the pub as alcohol will destroy your willpower if temptation still lingers.

I'd imagine trying to quit while living with or sharing a house with another smoker is a nightmare.

All for replacements that are better than smoking but unsure e-cigs are. As the link info0 pointed out, the ingredients are safe to eat but not proven safe to inhale. Chilli powder is safe to eat but I'd say inhaling it is a different matter.