PDA

View Full Version : Things to Know When Adding Pictures

milo
30-10-13, 03:32 PM
while creating my megapack i've realized a few things about adding backgrounds to the game, i will post them here in order to help anyone who would like to do the same in the future and/or to be corrected if i'm saying something wrong.

- when you add a picture for a stadium that is used by a national side, every other picture added to the nation won't be showed in that nation's pages, buw will just be showed to players from that nation who don't have a picture of them.

- the note about competition written in pic file (# NOTE: {} denotes pictures to display when comp is won) is not working, i tried many ways but nothing is showed when you use {}.

- some multiple divisions (for example turkish 2.division category B) that have different groups at the same level can't have a picture, neither if you set one picture each for every group, nor if you use a single picture for the whole division.

- fifa ranking (uses a random nation's picture), uefa coefficient (uses champions league's picture), world cup awards (uses world cup pictures) and world cup qualifyings (uses world cup pictures) can't have a related picture.

- transfers section in pic file can't be linked to a part of the game.

- trophy section pictures are those showed in history window every team has.

any feedback appreciated :ok:

gavo01
30-10-13, 04:36 PM
Thanks for this info Milo.

I myself, have been trying to add a specific background when the News screen is shown, but I can't figure out how to do this. I've tried to add a News category to the Pics file using Notepad but this doesn't seem to work.

milo
30-10-13, 04:48 PM
i also tried something like that for fifa rankings & euro coefficient and also for club info but nothing works.
probably those windows have a particular name in the game exe and in my opinion you need to use just that name in the pic file to make it work

Cam F
31-10-13, 11:59 AM
Did u manage to get a background for friendlies?

milo
31-10-13, 01:25 PM
yes, like this:

Friendly: xxx.RGN

Cam F
31-10-13, 01:37 PM
yes, like this:

Friendly: xxx.RGN

I know that bit. Did you put it in the competitions bit? maybe it is just an issue with 0001.

milo
31-10-13, 02:37 PM
yes in competitions

gkc
08-11-13, 05:17 PM
Thanks for this info Milo.

I myself, have been trying to add a specific background when the News screen is shown, but I can't figure out how to do this. I've tried to add a News category to the Pics file using Notepad but this doesn't seem to work.

Excuse me, have you or anyone else figured this out? I also wanted to add a specific background to the News screen... Thanks

topaztiger1983
05-05-14, 07:40 PM
I have a question, when writing the pics.cfg what do you do if you have 2 stadiums with the same name, but in different cities or should I put them under the club name instead of the stadium name

milo
06-05-14, 12:14 PM
if you put them under the club name the picture will be showed in the club page, not during a match like other stadiums.

there is nothing you can do, that picture will be showed for all the stadium with that name

knoxville
10-05-14, 02:25 PM
how do you add your own photos?

Alan
10-05-14, 02:30 PM
Mainly by witchcraft

BeezerCeltic1967
16-05-14, 01:15 PM
so if a Nation has a stadium pic set then that is the only thing that shows for that country??
no flag will show if you have put in it with the country?
poor show that.

BeezerCeltic1967
16-05-14, 01:16 PM
what if you just have the flag set, will the stadium they show at still show up when they play international games? and the flag at the squad screens?

milo
16-05-14, 03:26 PM
what if you just have the flag set, will the stadium they show at still show up when they play international games? and the flag at the squad screens?

no :(

you have to choose, whether the stadium or the flag...

BeezerCeltic1967
16-05-14, 03:33 PM
surely if you put a flag in, that won't show when they are playing at a stadium that is in game?

milo
17-05-14, 10:52 AM
if you set no picture for the stadium but you have a flag for the nation, when you play at that stadium you will be shown the competition's picture (e.g. friendly, world cup, etc.)

BeezerCeltic1967
17-05-14, 01:31 PM
this is a huge flaw then,
and total pish.

the only nation flags that are gonna show up are the shitty little nations without stadium pics then.
no point in adding flags etc for more well know countries.

i fucking hate this game sometimes........

BeezerCeltic1967
17-05-14, 03:48 PM
sent marc vaughan a email about this milo,

here is the reply,

It sounds like a bug - however you can easily work around it most likely by creating a second stadium and then using that exclusively for the national stadium (ie. two "bernabau" stadiums).
I can't recall quite how we matched up stadiums in that version - I've a sneaking suspicion it was the 'raw names' - if so try putting a space at the end (it'll be invisible) to differentiate between the two.

Hope this helps,

Marc

milo
18-05-14, 03:58 PM
you can have a test to see if it works

BeezerCeltic1967
18-05-14, 04:03 PM
It will work m8
Just need to create the other stads and leave a space at the end of them

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

BeezerCeltic1967
25-05-14, 07:40 AM
How do you get a picture to show up randomly in champ?
Just add it in piced but don't give it a config?

Dermotron
25-05-14, 09:35 AM
This or the news feed be a great find, the packs are great but miss the generic football images at times.

BeezerCeltic1967
25-05-14, 09:46 AM
i think you just add them in the picced tbh, then they just show up as random,
same as players pictures when their DOB is not valid anmymore and doesn't match when we roll the DB, they still show up but it's random and not on the player.
I have added pictures before and wanted them to be randon, pretty sure i just added them in the picced but never game them a config, sure that's how it's done.

- - - Updated - - -

will pics that dont have a config, or match their config [as a result of a DB roll] not just show up in the news screen?

milo
25-05-14, 04:15 PM
in my pack there are 2-3 pictures (the @ ones) linked to nothing in the pic file but they aren't showed in game.

i just put them in to be randomly assigned but looks like that doesn't work at all... so i have no answers to you mate :noidea:

BeezerCeltic1967
25-05-14, 04:16 PM
random pics do work mate,
i have had pics of footballs etc showing up in the news screen before :ok:

milo
25-05-14, 04:19 PM
they are linked to something in the pic file.

if you want to add pictures just for random purposes won't work, at least i didn't get it to do

BeezerCeltic1967
25-05-14, 04:22 PM
pretty sure that i loaded and then saved the bmp in picced, then as i played the game the footballs etc i loaded would appear, i assumed they appeared when things never had a pics config link?

milo
25-05-14, 04:42 PM
probably because there was nothing linked to stadiums, competitions, players, etc.

maybe when you have even only one picture in that section that will be choosen in game

BeezerCeltic1967
25-05-14, 10:17 PM
This or the news feed be a great find, the packs are great but miss the generic football images at times.

Asked MV about this earlier on today,
this is what he said,

Honestly can't remember off hand .. these are the only 'valid' pic types:

{ "nations", 0, NULL },
{ "clubs", 0, NULL },
{ "stadiums", 0, NULL },
{ "comps", 0, NULL },
{ "awards", 0, NULL },
{ "staff", 0, NULL },
{ "training", 0, NULL },
{ "boardroom", 0, NULL },
{ "trophy", 0, NULL },
{ "transfer", 0, NULL },
{ "si", 0, NULL }
But I don't think they're used on the news page in the game (would have been a good idea though).
Hope this helps,
Marc

milo
26-05-14, 02:24 PM
i couldn't get transfers and awards to work...

BeezerCeltic1967
28-05-14, 07:53 PM
maybe try adding your name into the pic config to get news pictures set for it?

like 1st manager name - big 2nd manager name beezer
config - bigbeezer: news photo of your own choice

worth a try??

milo
29-05-14, 02:14 PM
world be really strange if it works that way

greg
28-05-15, 08:53 PM
- when you add a picture for a stadium that is used by a national side, every other picture added to the nation won't be showed in that nation's pages, buw will just be showed to players from that nation who don't have a picture of them.

I was a little confused about this, so I looked into it.
Not sure if any of this is new info, but figured I'd post it anyway.

If you include national team name under [CLUBS] as well, it will show that picture before it shows stadium.

Each type has a hierarchy

National team club page:
(CLUBS,STADIUMS,NATIONS,random CLUBS)

non-National team club page:
(CLUBS,STADIUMS,COMPS,NATIONS,random CLUBS)

Competition page:
(COMPS,NATIONS,random COMPS)

Staff page:
(STAFF,NATIONS,random STAFF)

not sure about match-day stadium (maybe: STADIUMS,CLUBS,COMPS,NATIONS,random STADIUMS)

milo
29-05-15, 10:40 AM
my last post in this thread is from 29/05/14 :)

never tried that greg, did you already test it?

greg
29-05-15, 12:19 PM
Your post had the best information on pics.cfg, I searched the forum but couldn't find much else. It does work, I stumbled on to it by accident and figured I'd post it.

greg
11-07-15, 04:24 PM

If you use club name instead of stadium name under [STADIUMS] it will show the referenced image for home games. So, teams that share stadiums can have different stadium pics, and teams with generic stadium names like "Ataturk" can have different stadium pics.

***Edited

Sorry, this actually doesn't work. It was just taking the image from the [CLUBS] section, will delete.

milo
12-07-15, 10:21 AM

If you use club name instead of stadium name under [STADIUMS] it will show the referenced image for home games. So, teams that share stadiums can have different stadium pics, and teams with generic stadium names like "Ataturk" can have different stadium pics.

going to test it, would be great :ok:

Ravanelli
12-01-16, 10:06 PM
It's probably asked already before, but I can't seem to find it: is it in any way possible to add pictures to human managers, to have like your own profile pic?

milo
13-01-16, 12:42 PM
It's probably asked already before, but I can't seem to find it: is it in any way possible to add pictures to human managers, to have like your own profile pic?

never tried it... what you can do is add your human manager's name and dob in the pic.cfg file, the picture in the folder and, once the game is loaded, change your human manager's dob in game (to matche the dob in the pic file) with a savegame editor.

but i presume it won't work :)

Ravanelli
13-01-16, 07:57 PM
It actually works. Great:-)!

milo
13-01-16, 09:36 PM
It actually works. Great:-)!

really? nice :ok:

eddieC
13-06-16, 05:51 PM
I have notified about this in the Dead Links Thread, but does anyone here have a copy of the RGN Converter Tool?

Pelotta
12-11-16, 12:37 AM
Hi peepz.. I only have one question, I've put some backgrounds pictures like stadium pictures, but when I go to tactics view the picture change to anothher stadium.. how can I have the same stadium picture for the squad view, tactic view, calendar view etc. I think its something about s__stadium.RGN for stadiums, but if I put e.g: b__Porto.RGN -> i go to players os my team and shows the picture ( porto.rgn), if I put s__porto.rgn ( it shows in matchs the picture (porto.rgn), but somehow when I go to tactics shows me another stadium picture from another club, anyone knows how to fix that?

Kevin
13-11-16, 10:58 AM
Hi peepz.. I only have one question, I've put some backgrounds pictures like stadium pictures, but when I go to tactics view the picture change to anothher stadium.. how can I have the same stadium picture for the squad view, tactic view, calendar view etc. I think its something about s__stadium.RGN for stadiums, but if I put e.g: b__Porto.RGN -> i go to players os my team and shows the picture ( porto.rgn), if I put s__porto.rgn ( it shows in matchs the picture (porto.rgn), but somehow when I go to tactics shows me another stadium picture from another club, anyone knows how to fix that?

Hi, I'm not 100% sure but I think the tactics screen automatically displays the stadium pic of your next fixture coming up. So if you're playing at home it will be yours but for instance if you were playing Man Utd away in the champions league and you go to tweak your tactics - Old Trafford will be in the background if there's a stadium pic in your Pictures folder.

Pelotta
13-11-16, 06:01 PM
Hi, I'm not 100% sure but I think the tactics screen automatically displays the stadium pic of your next fixture coming up. So if you're playing at home it will be yours but for instance if you were playing Man Utd away in the champions league and you go to tweak your tactics - Old Trafford will be in the background if there's a stadium pic in your Pictures folder.

I see.. I thought I could stop that in tactics view and put the same picture, but it makes sense if changes in away games when the game takes place.. Thanks man!

David00C
13-02-17, 05:37 AM
Hello

I am new to the forum and need some help.

When i add pictures in the pics.cfg they all show in the rigth place but in the news screen the piscs appear randomly. Its annoying when in the news screen appear a flag then a face, etc. Is there a way to limit the random pics to a specific group?

In some facepacks i downloaded, the pics are named with some codes (like b__***.RGN or @***.RGN) this influence something in the file?

sorry about my english :)

David00C
17-02-17, 10:30 PM
I noticed that in Milo´s pack there is in the pics.cfg a entry : Worst Player of the world. Anyone knows whats that for?

David00C
20-02-17, 07:46 AM
I think i figured out a way to do this. If you want a pic or pics in every other screen not specified in the pics.cfg then do the follow:

a: pic1.RGN, pic2.RGN, etc
A: pic1.RGN, pic2.RGN, etc
b: pic1.RGN, pic2.RGN, etc
B: pic1.RGN, pic2.RGN, etc
etc
etc

I think the game, when the pics.cfg file dont say nothing about a screen, try to find a pic in a similar entry. If you put pics under all the letters and numbers, those will appear in every screen not specified in the categories. You must do this in every [], clubs, nations, staff, etc because some screens will be linked to staff (i think the player search) and other to the rest.

I tried to use simbols to as entries but some gave weird effects.