PDA

View Full Version : Tattoos

ozRooster
14-01-14, 10:49 PM
I don't have any tattoos, piercings, brandings, etc, never been my thing. Pretty sure Im in the minority these days though, pretty much everyone I know has atleast 1 tat, chicks included.

The only jewellery I wear is my wedding ring, and even that shits me sometimes.

So what about you blokes???? Any Prince Alberts, face tattoos, or nipple piercings :D ?????

Kaneman
14-01-14, 11:05 PM
I wear a watch... sometimes.

ebfatz
14-01-14, 11:26 PM
I don't even wear a watch!

Wedding ring is all for me as well!

Tat's and piercings have never interested me.
I say never. I went through about a 2 month period when I briefly thought about a tattoo.
It passed!

colml
14-01-14, 11:39 PM
I got nothin'.

ozRooster
15-01-14, 12:10 AM
I haven't worn a watch since I was about 12, annoying things they are.

Married 11 years, didn't wear the ring from about year 3 until last August when we got new ones. Fiddle with it all the time, doesn't feel natural on me.

Redknapp69
15-01-14, 01:00 AM
I got nowt either - boring lot we are! :typing:

Wear a ring but not a marriage one - yet!

Watch from time to time but went years without wearing one and now forget to put it on half the time!

Back in the day I used to have all surfy type stuff beads/wristbands/shell necklaces and shit like that!

Fods
15-01-14, 02:46 AM
Just a ring for me, no tats and no piercings.

Where is Bev, he is covered in the them (sshhhh I have seen them all)

Craig Forrest
15-01-14, 02:56 AM
Used to wear a wedding ring.... :(

No tatts and no piercings but I am going to get my hockey team's logo tattooed on my upper arm.... when I have $100 to spare

Craig Forrest
15-01-14, 02:58 AM
and holy shit, Ozzy started a thread! :shocked:

Fods
15-01-14, 02:59 AM
Right at awards time.. I think he is after Best Thread Starterer

ozRooster
15-01-14, 03:07 AM
and holy shit, Ozzy started a thread! :shocked:

Haahaa, I did mention that in the SB before kicking it off :).

Jose
15-01-14, 03:31 AM
I use earrings wich is kinda common for men in my country

Fods
15-01-14, 03:35 AM
I use earrings wich is kinda common for men in my country

Where do you live, Benderville?

Jose
15-01-14, 03:50 AM
Where do you live, Benderville?

Far far away

Mick
15-01-14, 06:57 AM
Ive got the standard Newcastle badge and England badge. Newcastle on my outside right calf. England on my outside left calf.

Jesus
15-01-14, 08:53 AM
I wear a CASIO sports watch every day as it was a present for my birthday. It isn't expensive which I like because it means I don't have to worry about it getting damaged, scratched or generally fucked up. I also wear a wristband in support of the Poppy Appeal (www.poppy.org.uk) and a wristband that my missus got me with our initials and anniversary date (I think it's so I don't forget...)

I also have both my ears pierced and I'm drawing up plans and ideas for a tattoo in the near future. I don't want to get anything gimmicky or lazy, so I'm biding my time and making sure I get something decent.

ebfatz
15-01-14, 09:09 AM
Ooh I didn't know wristbands counted!!

I'm currently wearing 6!
A poppy one one each arm (one in black, one blue)
A Children in Need one on each arm
One for Red Nose Day last year and one for The Aspinall Foundation.

I was having a competition with a couple of girls to see who could get the most. I didn't get very far!

Must update them. Some of them are looking a little worn!

Mark
15-01-14, 09:23 AM
I don't have any tattoos. I absolutely hate them and never even liked the one my ex-gf had on her wrist but never told her :D Wish I had now. I just think you'll end up looking daft in your old age when your skin's all wrinkly.

Haven't worn a watch since my teens either. I'm afraid watches are mostly a thing of the past now.

Wristbands, same as above. Used to have a racism and cancer band which I wore until they ripped.

The most recent thing I've had was the V-Festival camping band on my wrist for a few months after we went until I decided to cut it off.

Patinoz
15-01-14, 09:42 AM
Don't have a tattoo or a piercing.

I got got my ear pierced when I was like 4 or 5 but haven't worn an earring since I was 14 or 15. I used to lose a shit load of them as a kid so I guess my parents gave up buying me a new one eventually. Same with watches or sunglasses. I lose or break it all.

i remember wanting an eyebrow piercing when I was like 14 or 15 and was proper mad when my parents didn't allow that. Turned out they were wise people as it is mega gay. Thanking them today.

Only wearing my wedding ring but same as you Oz, I can't get used to it. Always fiddle around and play with and take it off when I am home.

316'sRegen
15-01-14, 09:54 AM
Don't like tatoos generally.

I mean there are some nice looking ones but I agree with Mark that if I were to get one I would probably spend my elder years regretting it.

I have got an idea for one though. It's a circle around the belly button, perhaps decorated with a rubber ring/life preserver (to emphasise our shipbuilding past) with the words "MADE IN BELFAST" on it :D

Perhaps one day I will get it but that would be one that is hidden, personal and not like a showy one that seems to be in vogue at the minute.
Although I said that I don't generally like tatoos maybe it's because the ones I see at the minute on people are in your face "LOOK AT ME I HAVE INK!" style, and not the personal meaningful art that used to be what they were about.

Patinoz
15-01-14, 10:05 AM
Btw, I fully expected you to have a bogan southern cross tattoo, oz :lol:

Chris, don't, just don't. Screams lower class. Same as the football logos btw. No offense :behindsofa:

ozRooster
15-01-14, 10:55 AM
I think most of the bogans with Southern Cross tats have got "tribal" tats over the top now, hiding their early mistake :).

Surprised there aren't many with tats here, like I said, seems to be the norm these days.

316'sRegen
15-01-14, 10:56 AM
yeah, probably. I would never get a football logo, I don't love any football club enough to be branded with their badge for life :D

I am proud of coming from Belfast, but I guess a tattoo should be something more personal, like your child's name and birthday or something like that.

They can be a nice thing when done tastefully and have a strong personal meaning behind them, but you're right about a lot of them branding you as a rough type of person.

"tramp stamp" we would call it :lol:

Janis89
15-01-14, 11:01 AM
Guess I`m a tramp then lol

Jesus
15-01-14, 11:29 AM
I am proud of coming from Belfast, but I guess a tattoo should be something more personal, like your child's name and birthday or something like that.

They can be a nice thing when done tastefully and have a strong personal meaning behind them, but you're right about a lot of them branding you as a rough type of person.

"tramp stamp" we would call it :lol:

I like a lot of tattoos for the artwork and not particularly the meaning. If a good tattoo artist can ink me with something that sparks people's interest then I'm all for it. I'm not in to stupid tribal tattoos for example, but I appreciate the skill and effort that it takes to ink someone's skin with their creation. I haven't got any reason to get a tattoo other than the fact that I want some amazing artwork inked in to me.

316'sRegen
15-01-14, 11:41 AM
Guess I`m a tramp then lol

:D i didn't coin the term!

Let's see your ink then?

merkezekrem
15-01-14, 11:45 AM
I have one tatoo that i made myself with a needle, some string, a matchstick and lots of vodka :) it's of my tag from days of graffiti :) It's old and i dont tag around anymore but i still like it. I hope to get a big "london calling" cover tatoo on my torso when i have the money.

No jewelry apart from wedding ring. no watch.

Jesus
15-01-14, 11:49 AM
I have one tatoo that i made myself with a needle, some string, a matchstick and lots of vodka :)

:crazy:

316'sRegen
15-01-14, 11:56 AM
have any of you seen these SCARRING fucking things?

Instead of a tattoo they are now scarring people with patterns/images etc! :scared:

"Scarification" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scarification)

Also, does anyone have one of those crazy buttons that stretch the shit right out of your ear lobe? That seems a pretty permanent fashion accessory, eh? I mean if you take it out won't your mangled lobe look messy?

ebfatz
15-01-14, 12:19 PM
Some of the 3d ones I've seen are pretty cool.

Still won't convince me to get one though.

EL-TOPPO
15-01-14, 12:38 PM
Had an earing in 3 separate places in my one ear.. Top and 2 at bottom (havent had them in for a couple of months now since starting work).. Also have my eye brow pierced and at one time I also had my nose pierced, was going to have my nipple and prince albert done, but no chance on the prince albert after reading some bad stuff about them.

No tats as yet, but am going to have "mum and her d.o.b + death date" and my kids names done eventually. Dont care if they will likely look silly when im older either :P

Redknapp69
15-01-14, 08:31 PM
Toppo's piercings - you can tell he's from Cardiff! :)

Think Tat's on people are each to their own and fine if it means something to them. General designs are fucking pointless IMO tho

Angelis
16-01-14, 06:43 PM
I don't wear any jewelery, watches bands or anything, just don't find it comfortable at all

I've got a few tattoo's. In the middle of having my left shoulder finished. i have them where they can be covered up as i wouldnt want them to stop me getting a job in the future, the same for when i'm old and wrinkley i wont be walking around topless much and if i am i probably wont remember doing it due to not being all there in the head anymore

merkezekrem
06-04-15, 04:47 PM
I have one tatoo that i made myself with a needle, some string, a matchstick and lots of vodka :) it's of my tag from days of graffiti :) It's old and i dont tag around anymore but i still like it. I hope to get a big "london calling" cover tatoo on my torso when i have the money.

No jewelry apart from wedding ring. no watch.

After a year, I got that :ok:

http://i62.tinypic.com/s1px5k.jpg

not torso tho

AJ
07-04-15, 08:19 AM
I wear a watch every day. Guess how many tats I have.

Erkifino
07-04-15, 10:00 AM
I guess you have one... of a watch? At least it's right twice a day.

Jesus
19-08-15, 10:12 PM
Spent six hours today having my sleeve started. Got 90% of the way there on this piece before my skin decided it didn't want to take any more ink.

http://i.imgur.com/RZ3NdJN.jpg

vinjwoods
19-08-15, 10:49 PM
I have a few self designed tattoos so I must be tramp as well. All are hidden when I wear a shirt to work though.

Im a pharmacist with special interest in old alchemy and medicines origins so have 3 ancient symbols that people associate with medicine - though 1 is mistaken thought of in that way but I like its mythology meanings.

Also being Irish but not living at home I have a cross on my shoulder surrounded by celtic armour that looks like its under my split skin - it develops further down my arm into my interpretation of the tree of life celtic design.

Finally I also have a small Aztec sun/moon symbol used by Valentino Rossi with VR46 below it as he is my all time favourite motogp racer.

People say its chav - but each means something to me and I like them which is all that counts really :ok:

colml
19-08-15, 11:56 PM
Also being Irish

Another Irishman, whereabouts?

Jesus
20-08-15, 12:12 PM
Another Irishman, whereabouts?
Think he said on his shoulder and his arm mate... :D

vinjwoods
25-08-15, 11:43 PM
Shit I didn't even look at name on post lol so I already checked that out Jesus. Nice work.

Im from Belfast but moved about quite a bit - Springfield rd, Ladybrook, Portmarnock (Dublin), Antrim town (most of my life here unfortunately lol), Liverpool and now Doncaster.
What about yourself mate?

vinjwoods
26-08-15, 12:05 AM
http://s1.postimg.org/il7dirnf3/IMG_0767.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/sv9si0daj/full/)

http://s1.postimg.org/827dtlkr3/IMG_0768.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/a6rquomdn/full/)

http://s1.postimg.org/g6fhyc767/IMG_0769.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/4u2wgjyh7/full/)

http://s1.postimg.org/3qis4ldu7/IMG_0770.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/i9px606yz/full/)

image url (http://postimage.org/)