PDA

View Full Version : Mikona MHTMID-B718DC8-B, (android) tablet

Offside Trap
06-01-16, 01:35 PM
Hi Guys - Im in need of some help, well my 8 year old daughter is,

I need to reset/factory set, my Mikona MHTMID-B718DC8-B, (android) tablet. It has no volume keys for me to restore it that way as they are touch screen when tablet is on, doesnt have a port for me to put a pin in to do it that way. The tablet does load up, but many programs now dont run or respond, such as settings, which again, can be another way to format, correct? even playstore has gone, Ive a feeling, this all started because of a minimum storage alert, but its gone from bad to worse. Its not an expensive tablet, just something for my little girl to play with, but ive come to a dead end trying it. A few apps work (games) but nothing to assist me. Tried connecting it to my PC via usb, couldnt get anywhere - thanks in-advance

Mikey

Fods
06-01-16, 01:37 PM
Settings > Backup & reset > Factory data reset

Offside Trap
06-01-16, 01:40 PM
Settings is 1 of the apps that wont load up mate, tablet comes on, couple apps/games work, but many dont, they just say, failed to respond

Fods
06-01-16, 01:49 PM
Have you tried googling it mate?

Offside Trap
06-01-16, 01:51 PM
Yeah, Iv tried bloody everything :) Youtube etc... most of em say, reset by holding down volume keys and pressing power buttons, except the volume buttons are n/a as they are touch screen when tablet on. Another method was what you said about going to settings, which wont work because thats 1 of many apps that fails to respond, another idea was putting a pin into a small port somewhere on the back - something i cant find anywhere -

wato20
07-01-16, 09:08 AM
Have u tried putting it in the bin and getting a tablet that works...

Offside Trap
07-01-16, 01:26 PM
Always 1 ent there

Jesus
07-01-16, 01:45 PM
Does seem as though it is fucked though if you can't get to the settings and it doesn't have a volume button.

colml
07-01-16, 02:23 PM
Sounds fucked alright. Have you tried taking out the battery for at least a couple of minutes?