PDA

View Full Version : Help CF plan his Euro vacation

Craig Forrest
16-06-17, 01:36 AM
OK, so next summer I want to do a bit of Euro travelling and I figured I'd try and see some of you bastards while I'm there....

I was thinking of flying to Ireland (as I've never been), taking a ferry across to Engerland, spending a bit of time there before jumping over to the continent.... a stop in Rotterdam, then off to Germany to visit some old friends

However... apart from the fact I have some family connections in England, I'm woefully short on knowledge about good areas, cheap methods of transport (train? taxi?), cheap places to stay (airbnb comes to mind), etc....

So, I also know where some of you people live, so I'd work in time for a drink or a meal or something

Derm - Kilkenney
Toppo - Cardiff
Redders - Surrey
AJ - Rotterdam
Mark - Stoke (maybe?)
Ebz - Bristol

Anyway, give me ideas, tell me cheap options, let me know what to avoid (Toppo's sheep brothel is already top of that list)

:ok:

AJ
16-06-17, 05:53 AM
when in Rotterdam, cheapest is crashing at my place. I'll clean it a bit beforehand :)

Baz
16-06-17, 06:49 AM
If you're heading to Cardiff i'll come down as it isn't too far away, and my area is just a dump anyway :lol:

AJ
16-06-17, 07:51 AM
We could also grab this opportunity to have a massive meet-up in London? Or somewhere else of course.

Dermotron
16-06-17, 08:23 AM
Are you going alone are bringing the family mate? I can put you up in spare room for a couple of night if needs be :ok: You'll be sharing with your sprogs if you are bringing them :D

If you are hitting the mainland I'd suggest pricing an inter-rail ticket.

Craig Forrest
16-06-17, 01:47 PM
Just me. Kids can stay here with their mom :D

Craig Forrest
16-06-17, 01:50 PM
when in Rotterdam, cheapest is crashing at my place. I'll clean it a bit beforehand :)

No need. I have 2 slobs for children so I'm used to a bit of a mess :D

Redknapp69
16-06-17, 02:59 PM
If you're heading to Cardiff i'll come down as it isn't too far away, and my area is just a dump anyway :lol:

I could head to Cardiff and do a 4 way meet which'll be easier - could catch a game somewhere

AJ
16-06-17, 03:33 PM
I could head to Cardiff and do a 4 way meet which'll be easier - could catch a game somewhere

Cardiff...wrong side of the isle. How bout Newcastle? I can hop on a ferry.

- - - Updated - - -

Fuck it. Let's all crash at Mark's.

Baz
16-06-17, 03:59 PM
Yeah let's all go to Marks and have a piss up on him :lol: not been that way in a while either ;)

Craig Forrest
16-06-17, 03:59 PM
This is turning into "let's all meet up" which never works...... There are some places that I want to see so I'm still going to be travelling :P

Craig Forrest
16-06-17, 04:01 PM
Although Bristol looks close to Cardiff so we might be able to rope Ebz into a visit too :ok:

Baz
16-06-17, 04:27 PM
Although Bristol looks close to Cardiff so we might be able to rope Ebz into a visit too :ok:

Brizzle isn't too far if he jumps on a train :)

ebfatz
16-06-17, 04:38 PM
I could do Cardiff very easily!

Craig Forrest
16-06-17, 04:53 PM
So it seems as though my plan so far will be fly to Dublin, meet up with Derm in Kilkenny, ferry to England, go to Cardiff at some point to see Toppo, Baz, Redders and Ebz..... then off to Holland and Germany :ok:

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and visit family while in England.... that's one of my reasons for going in the first place :lol:

AJ
16-06-17, 05:29 PM
I'd like a beer somewhere in Britain and a beer in Rotterdam afterwards.

Topofthekop
16-06-17, 05:40 PM
Somewhere central would work for most of us..

Likes of Birmingham, Coventry would make travelling to very easy as well.. around 2h 10 mins to get to from Cardiff/Newport and about the same for likes of Redders from Surrey. Quicker for Mark to get there though.

And with forward planning we could make a day of it inc an overnight stay at a B&B or something

Dermotron
16-06-17, 05:57 PM
I'll drop you to Rosslare to ferry to Wales (Swansea/Cardiff)

Redknapp69
16-06-17, 06:36 PM
Somewhere central would work for most of us..

Likes of Birmingham, Coventry would make travelling to very easy as well.. around 2h 10 mins to get to from Cardiff/Newport and about the same for likes of Redders from Surrey. Quicker for Mark to get there though.

And with forward planning we could make a day of it inc an overnight stay at a B&B or something

'Ell of a shout - Vipers on tour!

Craig Forrest
16-06-17, 06:56 PM
One of my mom's oldest friends lives in Stratford-upon-Avon.... so I might even have a place to crash near Coventry/Birmingham :ok:

AMC
16-06-17, 06:58 PM
Birmingham would work for me, just checked and train from Liverpool is just over an hour and a half so not too bad.

Craig Forrest
16-06-17, 08:26 PM
Rough itinerary so far...

Fly to Dublin
Crash at Derm's place
Ferry to Wales
Find an airbnb somewhere in Swansea/Cardiff
Meet up with the Welsh contingent, travel with them up to Birmingham/Coventry
Crash at a friend of my mom's place
Have a CM0102 meet and greet with AMC, Ebz, Markus, Baz, Redders, Toppo, etc...
Do some stuff
Travel to London-ish area to see other family
Crash with them
Head to Dover
Cross to Calais
Train from Calais to Rotterdam
Crash at AJ's place
Possibly take the train to Hamburg to visit another friend
Fly home

Felix
16-06-17, 10:58 PM
Seems like you're doing the cm0102 tour there! :ok:

Cam F
16-06-17, 11:39 PM
Errr Scotland you traitor!!!

drkshadow1
17-06-17, 03:45 AM
Damn I wish I still lived in england i would sure love a nice piss up with you nutcases

Craig Forrest
17-06-17, 04:58 AM
Errr Scotland you traitor!!!

Honestly I'd love to go to Scotland.... you're in Helensburgh? That's just outside Glasgow, right? I wonder if I could swing that.....

pyromyst
26-06-17, 03:29 PM
I Could make it to the Coventry/Birmingham Meet. i can drive up from Plymouth its about 3 or 4 hours sounds like a blast.. aimlessly wandering around looking for people who look like Vipers.

Shambalane
26-06-17, 04:41 PM
If your in Dublin . I'm from that area. If theres a cm0102 meet up, I'd be totally up for it.

Craig Forrest
26-06-17, 06:19 PM
I Could make it to the Coventry/Birmingham Meet. i can drive up from Plymouth its about 3 or 4 hours sounds like a blast.. aimlessly wandering around looking for people who look like Vipers.

I'll be wearing a Canada flag as a cape :P

AJ
26-06-17, 06:52 PM
We need Vipers FC jerseys. Badly.

Dermotron
26-06-17, 07:06 PM
Kukri Sports do one for 28.50 minimum order of 10

Baz
26-06-17, 08:03 PM
Vipers shirts sound cool....mine would obviously need a #LBU tag haha.

AJ
26-06-17, 08:10 PM
Kukri Sports do one for 28.50 minimum order of 10

make it happen.

merkezekrem
13-07-17, 02:41 PM
Hey CF sounds great. Istanbul is just around the corner you know :D

I can advice to buy the train tickets beforehand, the prices goes up closer to the train's departure time. Paid 80 pounds on the day and 15 pounds a week before for the return.

Craig Forrest
13-07-17, 02:56 PM
My original plans had stops in Austria, Italy, Croatia, etc.... and ending in Istanbul..... but then I realized how long that would take and how much money it would cost.... :P

Dermotron
13-07-17, 04:01 PM
Purchase an Inter-rail ticket on your sons name, save you a fortune :D