Thread: 'Struggling to adapt to the ____ lifestyle

vCash

'Struggling to adapt to the ____ lifestyle

Hoping for your help/advice with this one. I'm sure this question has been posted before but I couldn't see it, so apologies for posting again

Anyway, I'm wondering if there is any way around the 'struggling to adapt to the _______ lifestyle' thing? Pretty much every Spanish and French player I buy and bring to England end up being unhappy for this reason, but other nationalities are fine. It does seem to affect their performance as their production and averages drop, but just playing them and hoping they change their mind doesn't seem to work (thinking if they're regular starters they'd be happy to be in the team, at least), nor does sending them on leave for 2 weeks. So any help appreciated!

Last edited by Blanchimont2002; 22-10-17 at 06:41 AM. Reason: Clarification, more details

vCash
    without cheating; no not really. With cheating; check in the database if players have high or low scores for the metal attribute 'Adaptabilty'.

If I was living under the Spanish sun and had to move to rainy England I would get depressed as well.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CMCZ For This Useful Post:

GFRay is online now Member of the Month
    Tactics Mod
    UML Mod
    VIP
    vCash
    Also they can struggle with the lifestyle until they learn the language. A good example for me is Belezoglu Emre at Inter Milan on the ODB. He always get that status from the get go, but after a season or so he learns the Italian language and the message disappears.

If you think about it, it does make sense: If you're new in a foreign country and you can't speak to anyone in their language, no wonder that they have a hard time!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to GFRay For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GFRay86 View Post
    Also they can struggle with the lifestyle until they learn the language. A good example for me is Belezoglu Emre at Inter Milan on the ODB. He always get that status from the get go, but after a season or so he learns the Italian language and the message disappears.

If you think about it, it does make sense: If you're new in a foreign country and you can't speak to anyone in their language, no wonder that they have a hard time!
    Fair point, cheers. Hopefully after a season or so the CB I've just signed will settle in - he looks like he's an absolute beast so fingers crossed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CMCZ View Post
    without cheating; no not really. With cheating; check in the database if players have high or low scores for the metal attribute 'Adaptabilty'.

If I was living under the Spanish sun and had to move to rainy England I would get depressed as well.
    I'm in the 'without cheating' camp Thanks for the info, though. In terms of adaptability, I've never really had a problem with most nationalities coming over to another country, I guess its just those having to leave sunnier climates like you say

Tactics Mod
    UML Mod
    VIP
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blanchimont2002 View Post
    Fair point, cheers. Hopefully after a season or so the CB I've just signed will settle in - he looks like he's an absolute beast so fingers crossed!
    His ability to learn a new language is governed by the hidden attribute "Adaptability" like CMCZ already wrote. If that stat is low then he'll probably won't learn the language.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to GFRay For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I find it funny when my player is homesick and then accepts a transfer to another club in my league. Moving from Tottenham to Arsenal, yeah, that'll cure your homesickness, mate!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JLa For This Useful Post:

Tactics Mod
    UML Mod
    VIP
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JLa View Post
    I find it funny when my player is homesick and then accepts a transfer to another club in my league. Moving from Tottenham to Arsenal, yeah, that'll cure your homesickness, mate!
    Moving to Arsenal will make anyone sick as hell!

#COYS

13. The Following User Says Thank You to GFRay For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JLa View Post
    Had that one, too. I had a great AMC from Spain who got homesick, being in England. Put him up for sale, and he ended up signing for Lokomotiv Moscow...as you do, to get over your homesickness for Spain!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Blanchimont2002 For This Useful Post:

ViK

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blanchimont2002 View Post
    Hoping for your help/advice with this one. I'm sure this question has been posted before but I couldn't see it, so apologies for posting again

Anyway, I'm wondering if there is any way around the 'struggling to adapt to the _______ lifestyle' thing? Pretty much every Spanish and French player I buy and bring to England end up being unhappy for this reason, but other nationalities are fine. It does seem to affect their performance as their production and averages drop, but just playing them and hoping they change their mind doesn't seem to work (thinking if they're regular starters they'd be happy to be in the team, at least), nor does sending them on leave for 2 weeks. So any help appreciated!

If their performances on the park are at a required standard (and it does happen) I tend to ignore their bullshit. I may send them on leave at the end of the season as a goodwill gesture though. If they continue to sulk and don't get their shit together after their first season, they'll be introduced to the transfer list. If they're in talks with a club, I get my own back by fining the fucker and saving a few bucks. Every little helps.

vCash
    80-90% of the time, if you send them on leave, they don't come back. The bastards.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by faz44 View Post
    80-90% of the time, if you send them on leave, they don't come back. The bastards.
    So the short answer to the this problem is: sell them!

vCash
    My experience is that new signings who play a lot of first team football seem to settle in without too much trouble, but it's not always the case. If they start to complain it's reserves and loan. If they're still unhappy after one and a half-two seasons I sell them. And those who starts making trouble and goes AWOL are released on free transfer.