Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mobile Phones

Jesus is offline Official Challenge Team
    Social Media Team
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    Work moving our phones from Blackberry to Galaxy 4 (I think) - any good?
    Galaxy S4? My missus has the S4 and she hasn't had a bad word to say about it. Beautiful screen and quality build quality from Samsung. She isn't even tempted to upgrade to the S5 because she doesn't see the point.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jesus For This Useful Post:

Craig Forrest is offline Manager
    Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    vCash
    S4 is awesome from what I've heard..... I have a smaller older Samsung but it's still an awesome phone.... but my friend has an S4 and he loves it... used to have an iPhone but he's very happy he switched

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Craig Forrest For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Forrest View Post
    used to have an iPhone
    Switched from iPhone to Sony Xperia, wouldn't go back.

vCash
    I'm on S3 and I'm happy I made the switch from iPhone.
    Due upgrade in August so ill be looking round at what's available.

The missus dropped hers down the toilet the other day. Screens gone black so she'll be looking a bit sooner than me. (we got them at the same time)

vCash
    Whats the battery like on the Samsungs (or other phones)? I know iPhones are shit, thinking of changing but battery life, internert and emails are priority running a business...

vCash
    Honestly, its not the greatest (although its miles better than iPhone) but then again it is a removable battery so you could just carry an extra one round with you if you were so inclined.

Although I downloaded an app called Clean Master which tells you all the pre installed apps you can safely disable and that has improved performance. Don't know if it's on iphone?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ebfatz View Post

Although I downloaded an app called Clean Master which tells you all the pre installed apps you can safely disable and that has improved performance. Don't know if it's on iphone?

I second this recommendation! It also has a separate app called Battery Doctor, It has a quick charge function and the ability to kill apps which may consume too much battery power.. Battery life has been extended quite well since its been installed

vCash
    I have an Samsung Galaxy s3, bought it second hand and then spent some money to get it repaired - all-in-all about 120 - but after coming from the Samsung Galaxy Y, all i can say is it is an exceptional phone. Might be out-dated by todays standard, for example i know the new Sony Xperia is meant to be a mix of a phone and tablet, but it still kicks ass!

Battery runs quite dry soon as, but i do allow background apps on such as Facebook and play music quite loud when using it, but still lasts a few hours. I will hold onto it till at least 2016, seems to be an upgrade and i am not gonna spend twice as much on an iPhone when they continuously release 'updated' versions of it every other year and they force you to buy other external adaptions to it for the sake of more income. I know a friend with the iPhoine 5, can't use the same charger he had for the 4th version and the chargers he has bought break easily and are about 15 each for a new one.

vCash
    I got a battery charging case for Iphone - its fecking awesome - great for those days when out all day/night on the beers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    I got a battery charging case for Iphone - its fecking awesome - great for those days when out all day/night on the beers!
    How much did it cost?

If u don't mind to ask

Do they do it for the '5' version, i doubt by the time i post this though, that Apple have released the next phone

vCash

The Mobile Phone Thread

Loads of them out there and you can prob get them much cheaper but this is the one I got (I have a 5S)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B009...ls_o01_s00_i00

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Anyone know where I can buy a replacement screen for a Galaxy S4? I let it fall yesterday and now its fecked. So much for having it in a case!

vCash
    Changed from Xperia to Nokia Lumia 520 last year. Decent little phone, basically what windows 8 was really designed for. Changed to Lumia 830, wow, so much better than iOS or Android. Couldn't recommend it enough. Just lacks apps a bit though. Not badly or anything, just not profitable enough for some smaller companies to develop them just yet. But, should word get around how quality the Lumia's with Win8 (mobile version) on them, should be a huge surge in apps volume.

Social Media Team
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    Changed from Xperia to Nokia Lumia 520 last year. Decent little phone, basically what windows 8 was really designed for. Changed to Lumia 830, wow, so much better than iOS or Android. Couldn't recommend it enough. Just lacks apps a bit though. Not badly or anything, just not profitable enough for some smaller companies to develop them just yet. But, should word get around how quality the Lumia's with Win8 (mobile version) on them, should be a huge surge in apps volume.
    What's the justification behind it being so much better than iOS or Android out of interest? Also why did you drop the Xperia?

vCash
    The Xperia hardware wasn't very robust. Did like Android but a lot of the software is incredibly buggy. And of course riddled with adware. The iPhone is just bad as a phone. As a small iPad yeah it's great but as a phone it's terrible. Side by side with a phone on the same network it could have 1 bar and the other phone have 4. Some thing between Android and iOS would be ideal and I think that's what Window Mobile/Win 8 has delivered. It's uncomplicated whilst being sleek and has plenty of decent features. The only thing that let's it down is it's apps library but I've a feeling that will improve in the next 12 months. There are some things that are annoying like contacts need to be edited in Contacts as opposed to Phone. I've rang lots of people when trying to edit there details. Something that will be sorted in time I'd imagine. I guess because I gauge a phone based on what my work requirements as well as general use, is the reason I'd prefer it over Android and iOS

Social Media Team
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    The Xperia hardware wasn't very robust. Did like Android but a lot of the software is incredibly buggy. And of course riddled with adware. The iPhone is just bad as a phone. As a small iPad yeah it's great but as a phone it's terrible. Side by side with a phone on the same network it could have 1 bar and the other phone have 4. Some thing between Android and iOS would be ideal and I think that's what Window Mobile/Win 8 has delivered. It's uncomplicated whilst being sleek and has plenty of decent features. The only thing that let's it down is it's apps library but I've a feeling that will improve in the next 12 months. There are some things that are annoying like contacts need to be edited in Contacts as opposed to Phone. I've rang lots of people when trying to edit there details. Something that will be sorted in time I'd imagine. I guess because I gauge a phone based on what my work requirements as well as general use, is the reason I'd prefer it over Android and iOS
    Which Xperia did you have? I'm thinking of getting the Z3 Compact soon; I've been putting it off until the Z4 comes out but I've read that it's not likely to happen now until 12 months time because SONY have released the Z3+ in the UK which is branded as the Z4 in other countries (god knows why?).

vCash
    iPhone 6s, love it!

What more can they do with phones?

vCash
    5g coming in late 2018, maybe Li-Fi as well

Social Media Team
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
    Which Xperia did you have? I'm thinking of getting the Z3 Compact soon; I've been putting it off until the Z4 comes out but I've read that it's not likely to happen now until 12 months time because SONY have released the Z3+ in the UK which is branded as the Z4 in other countries (god knows why?).
    Still haven't got around to changing phones yet.

Keeping tabs on the Z5 Compact but with it being an expensive time of year, I'm biding my time.

vCash
    I'm way behind when it comes to up to date mobile phones as my mobile is really just for calling and texting, do enough interweb stuff through laptop and PC to want it for anything else. However I just upgraded to the Samsung J5 why are phones so big these days haha

vCash
    Gonna be upgrading my phone soon, I think. When I was struggling with my mortgage and bills, I left Orange where I was paying 40+ a month for my up-to-date at the time iPhone. Kept the phone and used a SIM free card for just 11 a month which was helpful.

The time has come now though where I want to upgrade my phone so no doubt I'll be back on some big money contract yet again soon as I want to stick with iPhones.
    The Alphabet Game
    Try your luck at winning the top flight title with all 26 letters in the Alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

vCash
    Got the 6s Plus a while ago

Fecking massive thing

Useful for old age!

vCash
    Nokia getting a reboot with Android platform on them. Windows completely shelved their mobile effort, even though they will continue with tablet OS

AJ is offline Official Challenge Team
    VIP
    Vipers Striker Extraordinaire
    vCash
    I now walk around with an Iphone 5s, 7plus and a Nokia Lumia. Yay for workphones

vCash
    check out the bq Aquarius, that's what I'm using.

It was about 100 I think, but it allows you to retain control of permissions for apps using the phone's menus, which I like.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast