Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: MAC Problems & Queries

vCash
    i'm still using playonmac and having no issues. has crossover changed much in the last few years? i used it in 2013 but found it a pain in the ass and couldn't ever get patches or tools to work.

vCash

Downloading for OS X

Hi, does anyone know how I can download CM 01/02 for a Mac using OS X? Have tried downloading a virtual drive but Slysoft is PC only and Daemon didn't work. I'd rather not pay for one if that can be avoided!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwil30 View Post
    Hi, does anyone know how I can download CM 01/02 for a Mac using OS X? Have tried downloading a virtual drive but Slysoft is PC only and Daemon didn't work. I'd rather not pay for one if that can be avoided!
    I don't think it's possible mate. Best way to play cm0102 on a MAC is using CrossOver.

vCash
    i use playonmac. works well.

vCash

Space on disc

Hi!

I'm playing CM 01/02 on my mac with an crossover installation. After not playing very long I receive the information about not enough space on the disc to play forward.

I have read on the forum but I can't find the solution for this. Please help me out.

Thank you!

vCash
    Have you got more than one game save?

Have you tried exiting the game and also crossover, and then re-starting? It's a bit hit and miss with me sometimes.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to jdgmedia For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I only have one game and I've played one and a half season. No I can't go any further. I have tried as you say to exit and restart but still the same message comes up unfortunetly

vCash

Downloading player update for Mac on Crossover

Hi there
    I downloaded the game for Mac using Crossover along with the .98 SI patch
    I'm not sure how to now update the players though?
    I've downloaded the April 2016 player update but not sure how to put this into Crossover so I can run the game with the update.
    Any ideas???
    Thanks!
    Jon

vCash
    Did you check the mac area,?

vCash
    Hey Fods
    I did - much harder this time - and found the solution! Epic.
    On page, http://champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1115&page=5.

For anyone else reading this (as it seems tons of people have this issue), if you've downloaded the game onto Crossover on Mac and have updated it to version .98. These are the steps to take:

1) Download the latest player update from the updates section on this site
    2) On your Mac, go to Finder and then click 'Go' in the Tool Bar
    3) Hold down the 'Option' key and you will see 'Library' appear in the drop down - click this
    4) Then navigate through the folders that appear as follows: Application Support --> Crossover --> Bottles --> CM0102(or whatever you named it) --> drive_c --> Program Files --> Championship manager 01-02 --> Data
    5) Then go back to the update folder you downloaded, and copy all the files (right-click and copy)... and then copy and paste them into this data folder you navigated to above (Mac will automatically ask you if you want to replace each file and just click yes each time).
    6) Voila! It will now work.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Murphs87 For This Useful Post:

vCash

How do I install the data update in CM 01/02 on Macbook?

Help-me!

vCash
    I have the actual Mac version of the game - found it online somewhere about 9 years ago and have played it happily on my old 2008 Macbook since then. Alas that Macbook is dying (I persevered for many years with half the keys not working and going through 4 or 5 batteries and chargers but now the backlight on the screen has given in) so I'm going to move on and buy a new one.

My question is would the .DMG file work on a brand new Macbook and allow me to install/play or are they now incompatible? I basically want a new laptop 90% to play CM01/02 and 10% for other stuff, I know getting a PC would be easier for that but I use Windows at work and on my wife's laptop at home and hate the current version of it. There's a couple of computer shops locally that sell re-purposed Macbooks from around 2007/08 so I can get one that will work if need be but ideally I want a nice, shiny new one!

Any help much appreciated, and once I'm up and running if anybody wants the actual Mac version rather than using Crossover or similar to run the game please feel free to message me and I'll see if I can share it (the downside is that I'm yet to find a way to run data updates so it's ODB only)

15. The Following User Says Thank You to mikecoxon For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Nice mike. Be a great addition to the site to have a working MAC version

In regards updates the MAC patches only went to v3.9.65 where as the updates are on v3.9.68 so crossover would still be essential to play them anyhow

vCash
    I think I've got it on a flash drive at home - happy to see if I can upload and send it over from my work computer

If we can get it uploaded if someone with a Mac would be able to let me know if it works on the current version of OSX that would be much appreciated (I used to run it on OSX 10.5/Leopard so not sure if it will be compatible with the latest version)

vCash
    Hi guys, I downloaded the game yesterday using crossover for my MacBook. Everything was fine yesterday but I've gone to load my game up and its asking for CD now? Please help?

vCash
    Don't you just remount it if you are using a virtual drive!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mikecoxon View Post
    I think I've got it on a flash drive at home - happy to see if I can upload and send it over from my work computer

If we can get it uploaded if someone with a Mac would be able to let me know if it works on the current version of OSX that would be much appreciated (I used to run it on OSX 10.5/Leopard so not sure if it will be compatible with the latest version)
    I'm on a MacBook Pro running the latest OS. Happy to give it a go if you can upload the DMG.

Currently downloading the Windows version to try and get that running but would be easier to use the native Mac version I imagine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pavel View Post
    I'm on a MacBook Pro running the latest OS. Happy to give it a go if you can upload the DMG.

Currently downloading the Windows version to try and get that running but would be easier to use the native Mac version I imagine.
    Great, I'll get it uploaded and give you a PM to work out how to send it.

The native version is easier, the only issue is that you can't use any of the data updates so have to play ODB. There's a few quirks in the game (only minor stuff like Young Player of the Year not being awarded some seasons for no apparent reason) but I've never had an issue running it

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314