Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: MAC Problems & Queries

vCash

ardvanmard Unattached
    I've tried to run 01/02 in both Crossover and Wineskin - with both, CPU core temp rises to ~95C and fans go crazy even when resting on the menu screen. Is this normal? I would have thought that a 2011 Macbook could cope with a 10 year old, graphically simple game.... Are there any ways to prevent it burning my MBP up - any way to limit CPU usage for a particular app, for instance??

Thanks in advance!!

dmtilley1006 Unattached

MAC issue

Hi

I've downloaded the game and unrar the zip file. I have mounted the iso file but cannot autorun or use setup.

My options are:

autorun.exe - autorun.inf

setup.exe - setup.ini - setup.ins

None of these will open as they're a Windows file.

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks

vCash

jongrats Unattached

Question CM for apple mac

Just come back to CM after a long break and have changed to an Apple from PC in the meantime. Can anyone let me know the first version available for an Apple.

Thanks and hope this is not a stupid question.

Cheers

testes88 Unattached
    yeah please

vCash

Apple Mac Os

Is there any chance, That with the explosion of Apples mac and laptops, that we could get an update for OSX? If there already is one I apologize. I have searced to no avail.

Regards

Ed

PS : Keep up the super work!!!!

vCash

Mac User needs help

Hello,

I've played CM since as the early days on Amiga right through to downloading the patches and updates for CM 01/02 until a year or two ago.
    Problem is, I've changed from PC to MAC and I wouldn't have a clue as to how I can download and play CM01/02 with latest updates.

I don't really want to run Windows as a virtual machine.

Can anyone help?

Thanks for reading,
    Dave.

P.S> Please don't shout at me for not searching forums or the like, I wouldn't have a clue where to start.

vCash

vCash
    Thanks for your reply. The link you provided discusses issues when playing or updating the game assuming the user has a Mac copy of the game, which I don't. If you can provide any advice as to how I obtain a MAC copy of the game it would be appreciated.

Thanks again.

Ser3n Unattached
    Hi^^

I have the Championship Manager 01/02 game (this version: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Championship...500228-3149134) and when everytime I try to install it on my mac-mountain lion (following this tutorial on how to work with crossover: http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showth...01-02-on-a-Mac) there appears a blank screen entitled 'Welcome to Championship Manager 01-02 Setup'. When that first appears there comes the sound common with the setup and it also appears that the setup is 'under' the blank page. I just can't see it since it's all... well, blank.
    Here's a screenshot of it

I then tried installing it in a different manner - instead trying to install thru the cd I went and selected the .exe file and the patch file (separatly) from the cd and installed them. Then when I click to play the game the problem is basicly the same: you can hear the sound of the game and you can see that the game is 'behind' the fuzzy screen. Here's another screencap

Can someone help me, please?

vCash

MAC download

Hi guys,

I tried to install the latest Sep data update on my MAC but the game kept crashing so un-installed to download again but now can't find the original MAC download for the game itself!

Can someone point me back in the right direction?

cheers,
    Pete

incandenza Unattached
    Having problems after upgrading to Mountain Lion as well. Had to download something called XQuartz, did that, but now Champman won't open after I open CrossOver.

vCash
    Nothing in the OP to help?

U tried this: http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showth...0735#post60735

michaelmcd Unattached

install CM on a MAC

Hi, i can't find anywhere on the net the download for the mac version of the game, someone could tell me where is the file? I have the iso file, but i don't know how to make it work. please help.
    thank you

vCash
    I suggest you use "Parallels". You can use a version of Windows in "Parallels" and then install the game.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parallels_Desktop_for_Mac

michaelmcd Unattached
    Quote Originally Posted by Pako View Post
    I suggest you use "Parallels". You can use a version of Windows in "Parallels" and then install the game.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parallels_Desktop_for_Mac
    thank you, but i don't have parrallels, and i think i had to buy it. i tought there was a free mac version of the game, without purchase anything..

vCash

michaelmcd Unattached
    yes, but crossover cost much more than football manager 2013! it's not a great deal. i would like to play to cm2001/02 because it's one of my fav ever, bat i don't like to spent 51 euro. i thought there were a .dmg file somewhere on the net. still thank you for the answers!

jonno848 Unattached
    i am playing cm 01/02 on my mac but through crossover but is it possible to play an updated version of the game? if so how can i do it?
    thanks for your help

jonno848 Unattached
    i tried the mac copy but it didnt work on the new macs. i use crossover to play the game on my mac but dont know how i can get an updated version. desperate for it!

vCash
    I have the Mac version but it is no longer supported on OS 10.6+

I just uploaded a thread of how to get it working on Mac for the cost of nothing more than the PC Disc.

vCash
    hi!
    I just moved to MAC system!
    How can I continue playing this game?
    somebody help!

vCash
    Did you try the guide in the 1st post of this thread?

nigly11 Unattached
    Helping a mate to try and get a cm 01/02 sept 2012 update working on his mac, got as far as the original working and have downloaded the sept update but no luck when i copy and replace the files... same old database when we start a new game! Not sure how to resolve please help?

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast