Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: MAC Problems & Queries

Baldockio Unattached
    I'm halfway there but I cant seem to get it working...can anyone help!? I'm new to Mac's but hand with windows!?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldockio View Post
    I'm halfway there but I cant seem to get it working...can anyone help!? I'm new to Mac's but hand with windows!?
    I've just been kindly redirected here...i'm having the same problems...anyone to help?

Stuy Unattached
    Wondering how to get the tapani 2.19 patch working on a Mac. Got the game working fine with the march update, but really want that patch applied. Downloaded the exe file and tried running it through crossover and it doesn't do anything. Any ideas?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuy View Post
    Wondering how to get the tapani 2.19 patch working on a Mac. Got the game working fine with the march update, but really want that patch applied. Downloaded the exe file and tried running it through crossover and it doesn't do anything. Any ideas?
    His patches won't run in Wine either, so I've had to install them on my Windows pc and copy the modified exe onto by Linux.

Some aspects of his patches are included in the JLPatch: http://www.champman0102.co.uk/downlo...do=file&id=152.

youandiaredominoes Unattached

What computer do you use for CM10/02?

Hi there

I'm looking to buy a new laptop. Sorely tempted to get a MacBook Air but is it possible to run CM01/02 on it?

What computers/laptops do people use? MBA is extremely expensive and I wonder whether it is a suitable machine

Any info greatly appreciated

Matt

vCash
    It'll run on any machine mate.

I play on a tiddly little ASUS netbook.
    MBA would run it fine but it's always harder to find tutorials and walkthroughs for anything you might download from here (updates, tools etc) for Mac's than it is for Windows.

vCash

Mac Version download?

Hi, i registered here a long time ago, but i think all the threads and usernames have been deleted. Maybe about 18 months ago, i downloaded and installed CM01/02 on my Mac, and i made a thread with the link for everyone to download it, along with the instructions for how to update it.

I was just wondering if any AMAZING soul could be kind enough to upload their copy of the game for Mac? I know you can buy parallels and get it working, but it's a bit annoying to run it through there, and i couldn't get any updates or anything working with it. Also, right clicking didn't work for me with that. Unfortunately my last computer died, and i can't find a new link to the mac version

Thanks for any help, sorry to be a pain

vCash
    Have you tried installing Crossover games? Thats how i run CM on my MAC, it does cost though but never had any issues with it or the updates.
    Tapini patches will not work though.

vCash

installation on a mac os 10.5.8

hi guys, sorry if i sound dumb but im new to all this.

ive downloaded the game from here, and have the zip file which i can easily "unzip" i then get what looks like a virtual drive on my desktop but inside that drive are a load of pc files which i cannot run.

I was under the impression that this was a mac compatible download? am i wrong or is their a seperate mac version somewhere?

vCash
    Have you tried installing Crossover games? Thats how i run CM on my MAC, it does cost though but never had any issues with it or the updates.
    Tapini patches will not work though.
    Not sure you can get the MAC version but if you do i'm pretty sure non of the updates uploaded on here will work.

vCash
    Ive managed to install CM fine with crossover. The patch seems to install fine (although its not showing that its patched, but i think i know why)

How did you get the latest updates to work though? Ive downloaded the March2013 update, but cant work out where to put the data files.

vCash
    i'm running tiger on a ppc so i can't use crossover on my system, i remember a while back there was the cm 01/02 download mac version that didn't need crossover, does anyone still have this? i think it was a rapidshare link..thanks

vCash
    What about using VMWare like in this post - http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showth...0735#post60735

vCash
    isnt that for using a mac os on a pc? i don't know

why was the file taken down? i remember there was a megaupload(obviously offline) and rapidshare link and im pretty sure it was a rar file, does noone still have it? it should be on the site to make it as easy for mac users as it is for pc users

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by umtankie View Post

why was the file taken down? i remember there was a megaupload(obviously offline) and rapidshare link and im pretty sure it was a rar file, does noone still have it?
    We move server and the links for megaupload and rapidshare were dead. No point in adding empty files to the download section

Quote Originally Posted by umtankie View Post
    it should be on the site to make it as easy for mac users as it is for pc users
    It would be if anyone had a copy . . . .

There's still only about 1 in every 1000 members mac only users.

vCash
    I went to the folders you mentioned and there were no such files, nothing related to championship manager.
    This is what I did.... downloaded the game, saved the folder to my desktop and tried to run it... the same thing is happening to me.... black screen and crashing, unallowing me to change its settings...

Since there is no files that u mentioned, what would be the solution?

Thank you!

vCash
    i have a problem installing the 3.9.68 patch. i have followed the tutorial someone wrote on this site but the game crashes when i try to open it. i installed the 3.9.60 and it works fine. when i then use crossover and install the 3.9.68 in the same bottle in crossover the game crashes on me.. any suggestions?

vCash
    i appreciate the responses dermotron,just quite annoying

do you know of anyone here who operates it on a mac using the mac file? who uploaded it originally? was it eidos? feral? or did someone with computer skills make it using the windows version?

vCash
    Hi everyone,

Thank you for putting this resource together. Just following samorsbag's question - I'm on a Mac and am trying to install the March 2013 data update. I've downloaded it, but can't see where the files I need to replace (as at http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showth...13-Data-Update) are. Where would my data editor folder be on a Mac?

Thanks.

vCash

Not Enough System Memory (on MAC and Crossover)

I remember getting the not enough system memory on PC and being relatively easy to fix. Now running on Crossover and keep getting the message. Even if I have no other apps running on my computer! Any ideas, its infuriating!

316'sRegen Unattached
    there should be a video tutorial on this, have a look through the tech support/tutorials foum.
    video tutorial Posted by info0

vCash

MAC install file?

Hi Guys,

Anyone know where to get and how to install CM0102 for MAC and with the updates?

Cannot find the downloads anywhere but saw there were MAC related posts so assumed it must be about.

Thanks in advance.

Jimzoaar.

vCash

vCash
    Hi All

I am trying to install and run the game on my mac but am failing miserably. Is there a kind soul that is able to either give me a step by step guide for the easiest way to get the game running or at least point me in the direction of where a step by step guide already exists.

Is there a separate download for mac?

Thanks in advance for any help.
    Danny_C

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny_C View Post
    Hi All

I am trying to install and run the game on my mac but am failing miserably. Is there a kind soul that is able to either give me a step by step guide for the easiest way to get the game running or at least point me in the direction of where a step by step guide already exists.

Is there a separate download for mac?

Thanks in advance for any help.
    Danny_C
    Are you trying to install the Macintosh version?

I would use crossover and install the pc version.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast