Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Save Game Queries

vCash
    sorted issue now thanks.

vCash
    Hi guys,

Not normally had any issues playing Champ 01/02, but out of the blue I've encountered the issue of the saved game does not exist. I'd located where certain items of the Champ Manager 01/02 folder had been placed, copied them all back in but to no avail. So, I thought I'd bite the bullet, make the sacrifice and just uninstall/delete everything CM related. On re-installing, I go to start my game, and lo & behold the saved game is still present, better still it loads However, my joy was short lived when wanting to actually save further progress, it says that it cannot be saved.
    I've tried using an alternative save name, but still no joy. I haven't used any of the editor features, and have version 3.9.68 running.
    My operating system is Windows 10.
    Is there anyone that can help me please?
    Thanks in advance!

vCash

Assistance required with saving game

Hello,

Delighted to find this website. I recently bought the game again and have been playing it on my laptop, windows 10. No issues initially. I experienced problems when it tells me 'due to system memory' but I accidentally deleted the game - so I started again. I had only played about 8 seasons. I am currently in my 5th season of a new game however when I try to save it simply tells me 'cannot save.' No explanation and no reference to memory. It initially saved as a temp. file which I now cannot even delete. I haven't dared deleting the game as I originally saved it. So I now have the game saved twice. It's original name and this temp. file.

I'm hoping someone can help me get round this problem as I really don't want t start again.

Thanks...!!

vCash
    You're in the right place but before anyone can answer, please tell us what version you are using and what updates/patches you have installed (if any).

You say you bought the game? On this site you can download the game for free (it's legal, too) and also the necessary official patch (SI Games Patch - 3.9.68) which is the bare minimum you want.

You can also download the April 2016 database (next update due in October).

There's lots and lots more (all optional I guess)...
    Last edited by samsami; 22-09-16 at 07:14 PM.

vCash

Cannot save game

Not normally had any issues playing Champ 01/02, but out of the blue I've encountered the issue of the saved game does not exist. I'd located where certain items of the Champ Manager 01/02 folder had been placed, copied them all back in but to no avail. So, I thought I'd bite the bullet, make the sacrifice and just uninstall/delete everything CM related. On re-installing, I go to start my game, and lo & behold the saved game is still present, better still it loads However, my joy was short lived when wanting to actually save further progress, it says that it cannot be saved.
    I've tried using an alternative save name, but still no joy. I haven't used any of the editor features, and have version 3.9.68 running.
    My operating system is Windows 10.
    Is there anyone that can help me please?
    Thanks in advance

vCash
    In the CM01/02 program properties have you set Administrator on ?

That is the obvious one
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

vCash

Saving Game Query - New laptop, Windows 10

Hello All

Firstly, apologies if I'm going over an old problem, I've looked through the threads here briefly and I cannot find an identical query, or I'm not IT savvy enough to spot it..

I've just got a new laptop, it has windows 10 on it. The query is this:

I've installed the game, started a game, all going well. An error message then came up and I clicked ok before saving it. Carried on the game. Now the game will not save and I have a "Temp save file" in my saved games too. Started a new game but will not let me save it. Feeling quite wound up, anyone else had this problem? any ideas on how to fix this would be much appreciated. I have three days set aside for this!

Any help appreciated!

Thanks

Sean

vCash

Saved Game Disappears

I was playing a game for a few seasons and it was saving and opening fine, i loaded the game today and the saved game has gone ???

Any ideas ?

vCash
    Looking in the correct folder?

Copy the save game, move to a different area then look for it and load it up - does that work?

vCash
    What was the initial error message?

What is the error message when you try and save?

vCash

Exclamation Historycal League missfuncion

I'm having problems with one of my saves, but I can't attach the images, could someone please help me?!

vCash
    Take a screenshot of your game, save it somewhere. Go to tinypic, upload the pic and post the link here

vCash
    Already tried my friend, I don't find the button to upload the photo, or when I selec it, it says that it's not a valid file... pitty

vCash
    No.... you didn't read my post at all did you

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Fods For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Of course I did... first, where are this "tiny pic" you speak of? Is it the "insert image" icon? If positive, I couldn't upload the photo trough there either...

vCash
    Tinypic is a website you can upload pics to.

vCash
    Another site is PostImage.org

The point is, you cannot insert pictures on this forum. You need to upload them to an image hosting website and use the link and paste that into your message.

vCash

Problem running save file

Hello there,

Can anyone please help me?
    I was playing my savegame and i got that data space error.
    So i clicked ok and after that exit and saved the game.

Now i cant load my savegame anymore.
    I have another savegame that i can load normally but this one keeps freezing my total laptop right at the moment it is "loading game data".

Anything i can do to be able to load and continue playing?
    Does it have anything to do with that error or did it not save correctly?

thanks very much,

Wouter

vCash

Save game disappeared

Hey Guys

Wondering if this has happened to anyone else. Basically my save game disappeared . It is in the Championship Manager folder but does not appear when I go to the restore save game screen. It's not there.

Anyone ever encounter anything like that before?

vCash
    Is the file path still correct when you go on the restore game screen? The only time I've seen it happen is when the file path has been amended accidentally, i.e when I've backspaced a character by mistake or added text to the file path.
    The Alphabet Game
    Try your luck at winning the top flight title with all 26 letters in the Alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    The File path is correct. I left my computer on sleep . I think it crashed. I've been able to start a new game. Just gutted losing the save. It was a long one!

vCash
    Any other error - or just frezzes when loading game data?

Try saving the save elsewhere on PC and change the path to look for that and then see if it works? (unlikely but worth a shot)

vCash
    Copy the save game to elsewhere on PC and look for it at that new path?

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Try looking in Virtual files folder (Least I think thats what its called) as that's where one of my saves for Alphabet game got saved despite not changing anything.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to EL-TOPPO For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Would you know how to find virtual folder? Did a google, but still having problems.