Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Save Game Queries

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shambalane View Post
    Would you know how to find virtual folder? Did a google, but still having problems.

I honestly dont think its called virtual folder... What operating system are you running?

With Windows 10 if you click the windows button to bring up the main menu, if you type the name of your save it should do a search for it and find it.

vCash
    There are hidden files which it may be in

Cannot remember the thread but do a search for hidden files and see if that helps

vCash

Cant Save Over Current File

Hi everybody

I am 11/12 seasons into a game, and I can no longer save over a current file, it will only save if I give the file a brand new name. Is there a way I can fix this please???? The laptop is fairly new so its not a case of not enough memory plus I can save it under a different name.

I don't want multiple copies of my game flying around and like to use the regen generator finder so by using a different file name will stop that.

If this works I will promise to donate 5 to the site as a thank you.

I appreciate your time and happy champ playing guys

Thanks

Neil

vCash
    The current file isn't saved as read only is it?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    The current file isn't saved as read only is it?
    Thanks for your reply

Why would it have changed? I play it everyday and have not messed around with the settings.

How could i double check just to make sure this isnt the case.

Kind regards

Neil

316'sRegen Unattached
    What is the error message when you just triple click? (ie keep the same name)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPainter View Post
    Thanks for your reply

Why would it have changed? I play it everyday and have not messed around with the settings.

How could i double check just to make sure this isnt the case.

Kind regards

Neil
    I'm not sure why it'd change, but check just right click on the file and properties and under general and see if the read only box is ticked.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 316'sRegen View Post
    What is the error message when you just triple click? (ie keep the same name)
    The error message is

"The saved game "C:\Program Files(x86)\Championship Manager 01-02\Albion1.sav" could not be saved"

Now this has got interesting. I went into the folder Crogram FilesX86/Championship Manager 01-02 on my computer and there are no saved game files. I have checked to see if they are hidden but this is not the case.

Interestingly I opened the regen finder application and when I select the same destination (Crogram FilesX86/Championship Manager 01-02) to open the data files, all of my saves are there and the data opens up no problems.

I can open and play my files still just cant save over them. Help please id hate to lose 11 seasons of fun.

Thanks

Neil

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPainter View Post
    The error message is

"The saved game "C:\Program Files(x86)\Championship Manager 01-02\Albion1.sav" could not be saved"

Now this has got interesting. I went into the folder Crogram FilesX86/Championship Manager 01-02 on my computer and there are no saved game files. I have checked to see if they are hidden but this is not the case.

Interestingly I opened the regen finder application and when I select the same destination (Crogram FilesX86/Championship Manager 01-02) to open the data files, all of my saves are there and the data opens up no problems.

I can open and play my files still just cant save over them. Help please id hate to lose 11 seasons of fun.

Thanks

Neil

I take it your on Windows 10?

Hit the windows button and type in your Save file name to search for it... they'll be in a folder somewhere. Had same happen to me, but cant remember where the save went. Once you find it drag it to desktop and then make a copy of it, then move to CM folder. Load up and then save as something else.

vCash

Save Game Error

I think this is dead but I'm 15 jobs into the Alphabet game so anything anyone could do or suggest is appreciated.

Game Set-up
    All Nations, no lower leagues
    Maximum Database
    October 2016 Data Update
    TapaniPatch v2.21

My Observations
    I was in the games 19th season
    A few cups had stalled due to unfulfilled fixtures, notably Copa America
    Wales had somehow become unattached from the World Cup Qualifiers many many years ago
    The save also crashes in the SaveGame Editor
    It can be uploaded into CMScout still where I found the following issues;
    1. No Contract Clauses for any players (i.e Min Fee,Rel Release, Non Promotion)
    2. No Transfer statuses
    3. Large number of players with a null value in Contract Expiry
    4. No Contract Types
    5. No Squad Statuses.

Save Game: https://www.sendspace.com/file/sljtok

Error Screenshot;

vCash

Noooooooooooooooooooo help me!!!

Hello guys,

i'm really sad because I was playing with Padova and after 4 years I finally stay in serie A and I was working for a big team (20500 seats and best training facilities) with many young very strong and....Iniesta at 37yrs old but always a wonderful player!!!

So...this is the problem

I'm in 2020 and at the half of august I have an error that crash the game (I can't upload image!)

v3.9.68T match_man..cpp 1225

Please save me

vCash
    Tried holidaying passed that date?

Also - see if any of these suggestions helps

http://champman0102.co.uk/showthread..._man..cpp+1225

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    Tried holidaying passed that date?

Also - see if any of these suggestions helps

http://champman0102.co.uk/showthread..._man..cpp+1225
    yes I tried, nothing change

vCash

Save game disappeared from game, but still in cm folder?

Hi everyone, first post on the forum so hope I can make this clear. Halfway through first season in charge of Aberdeen, close the game and when I try to restore it it's completely disappeared. Weird thing is that it's still in my CM folder on my program files so obviously hasn't vanished from existence - just won't appear on the game. I've tried what seems like everything (system restore, uninstall and reinstall, compatibility programs) but nothing seems to work. Would be really grateful for any solutions; Michael Dunwell was just beginning to bang in the goals for me!

Cheers,
    Andrew

vCash
    Have you made sure that cm0102.exe has the Run As Administrator checkbox ticked e.g. step 3 here -> http://champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3863 (on Win10 XP Service Pack 3 is the preferred compatibility)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tezzmeister View Post
    Hi everyone, first post on the forum so hope I can make this clear. Halfway through first season in charge of Aberdeen, close the game and when I try to restore it it's completely disappeared. Weird thing is that it's still in my CM folder on my program files so obviously hasn't vanished from existence - just won't appear on the game. I've tried what seems like everything (system restore, uninstall and reinstall, compatibility programs) but nothing seems to work. Would be really grateful for any solutions; Michael Dunwell was just beginning to bang in the goals for me!

Cheers,
    Andrew
    Do you have other saves in the same folder that do show up ? It could be that you're trying to read from the wrong folder.

Assuming that you do have the right folder, I'm afraid that is usually the sign of a corruption. The program has to recognise the first few bytes of the save as being in a valid format before it will list it as a save to restart.
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

vCash
    I've double checked and the game is being run as administrator, so don't think that's the problem. I've got an arsenal save in my program files and that shows up when I click on 'restore game', just seems to be my aberdeen game which is the problem. If it is a corrupted file and irretrievable, will there be an underlying cause to this? Worried if I start another game this problem might arise again.

Thanks for your help

vCash
    I take it you don't have a backup of your save file?
    I always make sure I do.

vCash
    Search the PC/Laptop for it.. Likely to be hidden away somewhere in a hidden folder or virtual folder.

Happened to me.. Placed back into folder and saved under a different name and worked fine after that.

vCash
    Possibly in Program Files (x86) or vice versa depending where it normally saves.

vCash
    So I started a new game and made sure to save a backup just to be sure. However, once again it crashed half way through the season (including the back up). So i've completely uninstalled the game, deleted anything associated with CM and reinstalled from scratch. Hopefully that solves the problem!

vCash

Game crashes when I load a specific save

Hello,

Looking for some help on this, I have a save that I have been playing for awhile and now all of sudden when I try to load that specific save it says that CM01/02.exe has stopped working. I have tried loading other games and it works fine, but this save won't work. Has anyone had this issue and if so does anyone have a fix??

I am playing the original download, no patches.

Thanks.

vCash
    try copying and pasting and loading from a new path? Not sure it'll work but worth a whirl?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leedsutd12 View Post
    Hello,

Looking for some help on this, I have a save that I have been playing for awhile and now all of sudden when I try to load that specific save it says that CM01/02.exe has stopped working. I have tried loading other games and it works fine, but this save won't work. Has anyone had this issue and if so does anyone have a fix??

I am playing the original download, no patches.

Thanks.
    I think we have all been there at some point. This is a 16 year old computer program which has some bugs. It is not surprising that occassionaly you do get some data corruption within your save game that the cm0102.exe can't handle. Saddly it is very rarely repairable.

The one thing you could try is to use the data repair function of the GK editor (see downloads section). I don't think that it has ever worked for me, but you never know. It was developed to repair some errors, so you may be lucky.

I know it is hindsight, but on long "career" games, I always keep a save from the start of each season so that I can always go back if needed.
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

vCash
    Make more of one save, like 3 saves of the same one.