Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Save Game Queries

vCash
    Hi all,

Strange thing happened. Went to play as normal and the save file I had has completely disappeared. I haven't deleted it, it just isn't there anymore. Any ideas how I could restore it? I have searched the computer for it but no luck....I am hoping for good news but not expecting it! Thanks

vCash
    in recycle bin?

Could be in hidden CM folder maybe

Is the path looking in right place?

vCash

Restore Save Game Problem

I was playing with Inter and i was in 2096 yesterday.When i was playing game i didnt connect my laptop to energy.It was in auto-save moment at game and laptop's battery finished at laptop closed suddenly.When i opened game again i couldnt see my career in restored games, i quited from game i checked championship folder in computer files and i saw my career file was there it is almost 250 mb.I entered game again but it was showing just my other career save and i got mad.

https://prnt.sc/fe84f1

syg.sav is my huge career with Inter my life is there which i cant open.

https://prnt.sc/fe84ns

as i told in game my huge career with Inter doesnt appear.Just my other short career with Inter is there.

I read forums i did many tricks i couldnt fix this problem.Is there any solution for this problem or i screw up ?

vCash
    try coping the save to a differnt location and then search for that save from the game by looking in that location - any success then?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    no.i think somehow i made some damage to that file.i even sent this save file to my friends but also they couldnt open that file.no solution i guess :/

Craig Forrest is offline Manager
    Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    vCash
    Sometimes......

Sometimes you can click on the folder and see if there is a "previous version" of the folder in the system memory (like when your computer makes system restore points)

Right click on the folder that contains your save game, select properties, and select the "previous versions" tab

IF there is a previous version, you can open it up and copy your save file out of there and then replace your corrupt one....

No promises though

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Craig Forrest For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I checked right now that option which you recommended but i am not lucky :/ I dont have this option at this folder.

Thanks for your advice anyway.

vCash

CM 01-02 Save games not showing

Hi guys,
    I have recently installed CM 01-02 on my windows 8 laptop and although it worked without issues for a while. Recently when I start a new game the saved game does not show up when I try to re load the game. I have tried the suggested fixes (Running in compatibility mode and running as admin). I was wondering if anyone could help me! The saved game shows up in the CM folder when I look for it on the desktop and moving it to another folder does not work. When I try inputting the save game name manually the game errors out. Fed up with having to re start my conference challenge.

any help would be appreciated! Thanks Guys

vCash
    Check out this recent thread for a few things to try - http://champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=9658

And then there will be a lot more in here - http://champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1146&page=25

vCash

Games can't be deleted.

Hi,

I have downloaded this game over here some years ago. It worked like a charm, thanks for that.

Lately I have been playing the game again, without any problem. But now since a few day, there seems to be a problem:

Everything opens perfectly and I can start a new game etc, everything normal, but:

1) I can't delete older games (...."couldn't be deleted")
    2) I can't save my new games anymore (only temp_file appears)

I deleted all of it, although there was something that I couldn't delete. Also the virtual clone driver was deleted. Now everything works the same, but the same saving games are still there, and the problem remains.

Someone an idea what could be wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Joe

vCash
    Hi folks I've skimmed through the thread but can't seem to find a solution to my problem. I've installed the original game on disc to my windows 10 no problems. I then used editor to make all nations part of the EU, initially the game worked fine until I got to March in my first season where it is unable to save anymore, does anyone have any solutions ? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vCash
    Are you deleting them from within the game, or by something like Windows Explorer ?

If it is within the game, are you running in Admin mode ?
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I try to delete them within the game, didn't even know that by IE is an option (I'm pretty much a noob).

I guess I'm the admin, didn't change a thing and it worked before (soms days ago).

But when I look in my programs, is says "CM 01/02" (not available). Also now, after I have removed it and reinstalled it.

Any idea? (sorry for my nooby explanation)

Damn now that I can't play it, I want to play it sooo bad hehe.

vCash
    What error do you get?

vCash
    You have to right-click on the program file (cm0102.exe) and then choose Properties and click on Compatibility. Near the bottom of the popup screen click Run as Admin.

If you don't run the program as admin you can run into several problems, like not being able to delete files.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to samsami For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    What error do you get?
    It says Unable To Save
    The saved game "C:\Program Files (x86)\Championship Manager 01-02\chelsea.sav" could not be saved.

Any ideas ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vCash
    Yessssss, it works again!

Thank you so much for your help, Kingsley and Samsami!

Only all the saved games were gone (no problem, I was going to start a new game), but probably this isn't a problem for the future, right?

Greets

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Smoje For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoje View Post
    Yessssss, it works again!

Thank you so much for your help, Kingsley and Samsami!

Only all the saved games were gone (no problem, I was going to start a new game), but probably this isn't a problem for the future, right?

Greets
    Glad to hear it works again!!!

24. The Following User Says Thank You to samsami For This Useful Post:

vCash
    unusual problem....i'm looking to transfer my save game files onto flash drive to transfer to another PC....I'm running windows 10 but for the life of me can't find the save files using either file explorer or cortana.....The save files do exist as cm0102 loads and runs the saves perfectly but according to cortana/file explorer they simply do not exist! no .sav files, no hidden folder, nothing!.....Does anyone have a solution or am I overlooking the obvious?....I fear for my sanity!

vCash
    ahah!....solved.....finally found them at the following file location.... C:\Users\*user name*\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Championship Manager 01-02......blimey!

vCash
    I am sorry for messing too much. After I could not solve to find .sav while restoring saved game, I creat a new game [Milan]. And now, when I restored saved game, I got this error. I have searched in Tech Support but there is no solution for this error! Could you please help me, mates! (I always install CM 01-02 in Disk D and set Admin, XP SP3) Thank you for your help!!! I have never got so much error when playing CM 0102 like this before!

從我的iPhone使用Tapatalk 發送
    1. My daughter - Trần Khánh An (CyCy ) - 11/ 01/ 2017
    2. CM0102 - Il Diavolo

vCash
    Can you click through it? Think I have that in my game and I click through give

Or tried 'holidaying' through it?

vCash
    I clicked through it, and the window of the game was closed! Just restoring saved game, not entering the saved game yet!

從我的iPhone使用Tapatalk 發送
    2. CM0102 - Il Diavolo

vCash
    Try holidaying through it as well

vCash
    I can not go into the saved game, so I can not use "Go on holiday". This error happens when I am loading the saved game in [Restore saved game]. The message occurs "v3.9.68T..3503" and if I click "Ok", the screen will be disappeared

從我的iPhone使用Tapatalk 發送
    2. CM0102 - Il Diavolo