Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Tapani Patch Issues

vCash
    What exactly did you install, would make it easier help you out

vCash
    You would of downloaded and installed them...

vCash

Question pensioner problems

I have been playing Championship Manager since 2001 , I managed the 3.9.68 patch and all was well . I then updated in 2013 still good . I then tried your 2015 update but after numerous tries I did not understand how to do it ( you cannot play with 12 or 39 year old players ). I went back to 2013 but now sceen is only half size and 8 players are on permanent international unavailable . Has windows 10 caused this and can anyone explain in non geek words what to do . Help!

vCash
    The Tapani patch caused this

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Fods For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I'm running the game with tap patch 2.20.1 and April update...
    Started in England and after some years moved to Italy when I noticed this issue...

So the games have never been played and now the cup is not running at all...

I'm guessing there is nothing I can do to fix it right ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pisani View Post
    I'm running the game with tap patch 2.20.1 and April update...
    Started in England and after some years moved to Italy when I noticed this issue...

So the games have never been played and now the cup is not running at all...

I'm guessing there is nothing I can do to fix it right ?
    i had a similar situation in a Polish League save..what seemed to happen is that so many cup matches get rescheduled due to European/International games that one side of the draw is completely out of whack, although I didn't play long enough to find the cup final
    not being played at all!

Edit: The Coppa Italia was played over two legs for each round back then, which was the same for the Polish Cup so it must be the build up of postponed games that causes this...
    Last edited by SteveV; 27-09-15 at 11:14 PM.

vCash
    One question, I just started a new save with the October uptade with 2.20.1 tapani patch....can I start the game in 2015 or will it make my game to crash? If it crashes, when should I start?

thanks in advance

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by guiluismelo View Post
    One question, I just started a new save with the October uptade with 2.20.1 tapani patch....can I start the game in 2015 or will it make my game to crash? If it crashes, when should I start?

thanks in advance
    No, use the new one or don't set year to 2015.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cam F For This Useful Post:

vCash

thanks in advance
    2014 should be fine, alternatively you could try Tapani's newest patch - http://tapani.homeftp.org/cm/cmpatcher-2.21-test3.exe

I'm using it atm (7 leagues running, playing as Rangers), start year 2015 and all is well so far after one season

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Goofy For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goofy View Post
    2014 should be fine, alternatively you could try Tapani's newest patch - http://tapani.homeftp.org/cm/cmpatcher-2.21-test3.exe

I'm using it atm (7 leagues running, playing as Rangers), start year 2015 and all is well so far after one season
    Thanks....i didn't even know there is a new patch but i will use it and start a new game....thanks

vCash
    Thanks....i didn't even know there is a new patch but i will use it and start a new game....thanks
    It's a test patch only. Meanwhile test4 is already available.
    This is the thread: http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showth...260#post264260

As Tapani says there: Meanwhile I have a new (last?) test patcher:
    http://tapani.homeftp.org/cm/cmpatcher-2.21-test4.exe

Of course once it's official it will be found under Downloads.

vCash

Help with Tapani

Sorry guys, i have a problem with tapani 2.21.1. The game works fine until i patch it with the newest tapani. after that i cant start the game. When i double click on cm.exe it shows small blue circle. But it goes on without ending. I have to restart my computer always and remove tapani...I have 64bit win7 but i dont think that is r the reason for this problem because the game works fine without tapani's. I tried the older tapani 2.20.1 and it worked yesterday but today it is the same situation as with 2.21.1
    Please help me!

Jesus is offline Official Challenge Team
    Social Media Team
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bane_eng View Post
    Sorry guys, i have a problem with tapani 2.21.1. The game works fine until i patch it with the newest tapani. after that i cant start the game. When i double click on cm.exe it shows small blue circle. But it goes on without ending. I have to restart my computer always and remove tapani...I have 64bit win7 but i dont think that is r the reason for this problem because the game works fine without tapani's. I tried the older tapani 2.20.1 and it worked yesterday but today it is the same situation as with 2.21.1
    Please help me!
    Are you uninstalling the older version of the tapani patch first?

vCash
    Make sure you are running everything as admin as well

vCash

Save Crash 2nd season 19.06.2016 data update with '3.9.68T' + 'OCTOBER Updt' + Tapani 2.21.1

Save Crash 2nd season 19.06.2016 data update with '3.9.68T' + 'OCTOBER Updt' + Tapani 2.21.1

HI

I've recently decided to play the greatest manger - 01/02 and found some great updates on this site. I've got to say I'm immensely impressed with the work you guys have put in with the October patch and Tapani patch. The game feels harder and the update is just tremendous.

I encountered a crash only once at second game update (19.06.2016 beginnig of second season) but it seems fatal as anything I do (uninstall Tapani, go on holiday) result in a similar CM01/02 stopped working crash. With Tapani Intalled the crash goes straight to windows message, with Tapani uninstalled it give me Fra..third cpp469

Game settings:
    '3.9.68T' + 'OCTOBER Update' + Tapani 2.21.1
    All leagues selected Main ITALY - AC MILAN (half season switched most to background)
    Start Year 2015 - from what I read this might be the main culprit

+ Does the problem lie with start year 2015 set in Tapani patch? - the game plays ok but crashes at the second game update 2nd season
    If so is my savegame done, can it be salvaged with future Tapani patches?
    (The season and the whole story was too emotional to start something new. I play slowly, 1 season took me 2 days! = 48hrs, searching talents, playing on really slow etc. Then I won the Serie A in the last round with Honda scoring a direct free kick in 88th minute...too emotional as I said.

If the problem lies with start date set at 2015 by me (....daa it's 2015 what else would I put) please do write a warning and advise on a start date as I did everything by the book, read every install manual and no warning of any kind can be found on neither October install manual or Tapani 2.21.1 patch notes.

I would love to continue playing those updates as I'm really impressed with how much they bring the game up-to date.
    Please help your fellow manager as his promising career crashes hard at the beginning of the second season

vCash
    2015 is fine with the latest Tapani Patch which is the Tapani 2.21.1 Patch so if you are using this you should be ok.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fodster View Post
    2015 is fine with the latest Tapani Patch which is the Tapani 2.21.1 Patch so if you are using this you should be ok.
    I'm staring to think that the crash is something different than '2015 start year' with Tapani 2.21.1 too.

Testing data with holiday option and I'm well into 2017 (I will test it for the whole night and see if it crashes).
    This time I've chosen about 5 main leagues and 5 in background, previously I chose 'select all' and later switched to to most of them being played in 'background'.
    Questions
    1. Anybody knows any other method I could try to salvage my last save???
    2. Is there any safe, tested selection that is known not to cause any errors with October update and Tipani's patch. Both additions seem too good and complement each other really well and I would like to use that combo.

Thx for reply

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dwupac View Post
    I'm staring to think that the crash is something different than '2015 start year' with Tapani 2.21.1 too.

Testing data with holiday option and I'm well into 2017 (I will test it for the whole night and see if it crashes).
    This time I've chosen about 5 main leagues and 5 in background, previously I chose 'select all' and later switched to to most of them being played in 'background'.
    Questions
    1. Anybody knows any other method I could try to salvage my last save???
    2. Is there any safe, tested selection that is known not to cause any errors with October update and Tipani's patch. Both additions seem too good and complement each other really well and I would like to use that combo.

Thx for reply
    try without france

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by milo View Post
    try without france
    In light of whats happened lately that doesn't sound to good

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by milo View Post
    try without france
    In holiday test run that went as far as 2023 and running.
    I've picked France among Italy,England,Germany and Spain as main leagues. Brazil, Holland, Portugal as background leagues.

France should be ok (although I got France...third.cpp.469 error when I uninstalled Tapani in my original save).

Still don't know know what caused the error, but I think it was the selection of all the leagues available.

***REQUEST***
    I'm addressing the admin of this excellent unique site .

Please do write a warning, saying that users should not pick every league as it might cause errors. Tested hints and well known issues should be clearly stated install instructions.
    In my case I installed everything by the books and still my campaign ended in a disappointing error after putting in 48hrs of game time. I only got the knowledge while seeking the solution to my problem. If I knew certain thing beforehand (less league selection, holiday testing etc.) I would've been able to continue my story.
    Clear how-to and do-not's will certainly save some careers from crashing as I read mine isn't the only broken save story.

thx for input guys and gl to all and do continue this fabulous work!
    have a safe save.

****funny twist to the story****
    When I resign from managing Milan in my original 'broken' save the season update goes smoothly....go figure?!
    That puts into perspective dry holiday test mostly I was out of job :/
    Last edited by dwupac; 16-11-15 at 02:44 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fodster View Post
    In light of whats happened lately that doesn't sound to good
    vive la france

25. The Following User Says Thank You to milo For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
    Are you uninstalling the older version of the tapani patch first?
    im getting the same problem as well with just the 2.21.1 patch installed

vCash
    cant even get the game to run with the previous patch

vCash

Tapani 2.21 Screen Resolution/Background Issue

Hi all, I've done a few searches on this problem but cant find a solution so was wondering if someone can help!

I have a laptop with resolution of 1366 x 768, and have installed Tapani 2.21. I have tried both 1366x768 and 1280*800.

Now when running at 1366x768, the whole background is black and unplayable, which I figured out was due to the lack of background and images for that resolution. I changed it to 1280x800 as there were links to images of that size, so an easy solution!

Now I can get 1280*800 to work in windowed mode, but obviously cant see the bottom part of the screen so it's pretty unplayable and doesn't work in full screen mode

What I'm really trying to do is to get 1366x768 to work in full screen mode. But I understand that to amend the backgrounds etc you need to edit your piced file? Which I don't appear to have! But I got 1280*800 to work without it, so bit confused on that front! All I had to do was copy and paste and RGN and two mbr files into data and it worked for 1280x800!

So long story short, does anyone have a couple of 1366x768 imagines I can use? And do I just copy and paste them into the data folder again?

Cheers

vCash
    Just an update, I have a Piced file now (unticked the box on installation but reinstalled it all now) but still get stuck with a blank background

Help lol!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast