Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Graphics Queries

vCash
    I am having a problem with the background packs

I put the pics in my pictures folder & correct the pics.cfg but the pics are not there in my game

vCash

vCash
    U do have a cfg file in there?

vCash
    yes

vCash
    Is Background Changes turned on or off (check in Game Settings - needs to be On for the images/backgrounds to work)

vCash
    Just a sec I will check that

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    Is Background Changes turned on or off (check in Game Settings - needs to be On for the images/backgrounds to work)
    I only thought that was for the new Resolution, learn something everyday and makes sense now

vCash
    ok i did that but now I deleted all the images from my pictures folder then added the original game images and pic.cfg and now I cant save the pic.cfg (It is not read only BTW)

vCash
    Right click on the pics.cfg and select Unblock

vCash
    ok it's saving now

Cheers

vCash

How to add Backgrounds to your game.

Dermotron
    Me again, i'm trying to make my own backgrounds. I conveted the jpeg files into BMP and i followed your instructions, but when i open the piced file i can't find the files anywhere. Help, please

vCash
    Click on the line called Directory and type in where the folder is.

So if have them stored somewhere like My Documents, you will need to type in something like C:\Users\admin\Documents

The best thing to do would be to open My Computer > C drive and create a folder called pics and add all the .bmp's in there. Then in Directory you only need to type C:\pics

Spoiler!

When you load them in piced, and save them, they will be stored in you Championship Manager 01-02\pictures folder as .rgn files
    Last edited by Dermotron; 04-08-12 at 02:40 PM.

vCash

How to Change background picture on CM3

Hi,

I have a fixed background picture on Championship Manager 3 of Petit and I think Viera celebrating after World Cup 1998 is there anyway I can change this picture?

Kind Regards,

Sam

vCash

vCash

Assigning pictures to players

Evening gentlemen, just a quick one.

I've put 2 of my local teams on Champ and me and a mate are playing as both and I have put both ourselves into each team we are managing.

I'm comfortable setting up pics (got one for each team page and one of grounds for home games) but am having trouble with pics of myself and me mate when we click on the players.
    I've followed the notepad instructions (see below) to no avail so was hoping one of you could point in the right direction please......

# In order to specify a player follow these instructions:
    # <firstname> <lastname> <Date of birth - d/m/yyyy>:

vCash
    go to downloads > there are packs with chelsea, man u arsenal players > they work! > see how they're done > copy!

vCash
    Hi guys,
    i have a new laptop with a 1920x1080 resolution. I have tapani2.19 my CM for the 1280x800 resolution and I have the game on windowed setting.

I keep getting the black background. On my old laptop (with a lower resolution) i had the above settings and got the default pic with a training pitch at night. Which is what i want.

I have used tapani to go back to the original resolution and I see this background pic, just not on the 1280x800 resolution.

Any ideas?

vCash
    In the 2.19 Patch thread: http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showth...9-Tapani-Patch

There is a hyperlink for the files you need to make the new resolution work with backgrounds etc, ive highlighted in the pic below.

Download and place in your data folder and all should be good

vCash
    Excellent! Thanks Fodster

20. The Following User Says Thank You to cassius For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cassius View Post
    Hi guys,
    i have a new laptop with a 1920x1080 resolution. I have tapani2.19 my CM for the 1280x800 resolution and I have the game on windowed setting.

I keep getting the black background. On my old laptop (with a lower resolution) i had the above settings and got the default pic with a training pitch at night. Which is what i want.

I have used tapani to go back to the original resolution and I see this background pic, just not on the 1280x800 resolution.

Any ideas?
    Go into game settings and make sure background changes are set to 'off'.

vCash

Piced Problem (New Backgrounds)

I'm playing about with backgrounds at the minute, and am using the 1280x800 patch.

I've managed to install a new menubar, which seems to be working fine. This also appears in piced1280 when opened.

However, I want to install a new background picture, but am having problems saving it in piced.exe

Here's what I've done...

Got a 1280x800 backgorund picture, in 24bit BMP format (saved as basic.bmp)
    Opened up piced1280.exe and loaded up background BMP image (inserted 'pictures' as folder, and selected 'basic' file)
    Me new background image appears on screen
    So now, I goto 'save' > 'background'
    I can input filename etc, but there is no 'OK' button along the bottom to confirm the process

For what it's worth, I cannot exit the piced.exe program via the button either.... I have to press Esc (or open task manager)

What am I doing wrong?

FG

vCash
    Ok, Ok, I've sorted it!

What I had to do to fix the problem, was to goto 'save' > 'background'

Then to click on the folder path (where it did say 'pictures') and select a different folder (i.e. 'data')

It then let me insert the new filename, and also let me choose 'OK' at the bottom.

Problem solved!

Admin: if you feel the need, this thread can be deleted. Cheers

vCash

Backrounds - When a comp is won

Im sorry if this has been answered before, but I cant see it

I have added numerous background pics - grounds etc and they have all worked fine

but im having a problem with adding { } to a background name in the cfg file, for when something is won. Either a league title or European player of year etc

When should this pic be shown? is it when the winner is mentioned in your news or when you look at past winners or somewhere else

and any idea why is this doesn't seem to be working in either sense for me? am I right in that it should be written like this - {pic}.rgn as opposed to {pic.rgn}

any help with this would be great as everything else seems to work fine

Thanks

vCash

Megapack bakgrounds how to install? pls help

Hi! Im really having difficult time with managing to get the megapic files i downloaded into my cm0102. Can i just unzipp the files into picture folder one by one or alltogether? Until now i have only after unzipping at another location, copy pasted them in in the pic folder but thats not working. i have removed the old pics, cfig but still wont work. Hugely appreciated if any kind soul out there could help me...

Alec

vCash
    Remove the old files, add the new and when you load the game go to Game Settings and change Background Changes to On

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 92