Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Civilization

vCash
    I knew there must be a thread in here about RTS... I haven't tried the Civ games (managed to get a hold of Pirates! recently), but I'm on a shitty little AAO, I think I could maybe get III working with a few tweaks.

Anyway, not to hijack the thread, but I have reclaimed Rome:TW off my defunct harddrive. I know, I know, blitz early - get your economy running - wipe out all opposition by spamming your best units across the map... but if you'd like more of a challenge, I highly recommend the original Europa Barbarorum 1.2 mod. If you've never played RTW, get some games in vanilla under your belt, then take the step up.

The mod expands the map from Ireland to India, with (accepted?) historical accuracy - Indepent Greek colony in Marseille; Galatian Gauls in Anatolia. Add in "realistic" Areas Of Recruitment and SERIOUS financial handicaps, and you get a proper thinking man's game.

Currently 20-odd years into a Sab'yn game... which I'll honestly admit has involved 1 or 2 reloads from previous saves, yet every one has played out differently in response to my knowledgeable moves.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dugong For This Useful Post:

vCash
    For me 3 and 4 best parts. 4 is especially groovy with BUG mode and zilions other mods like c2c. I dont like 5 and later part because it was restructured for mass appeal. Actually victory in 3 or 4 is much more satysfying.

And has best song I ever heard in games. If know what i mean,

vCash
    The new one looks so cartoony, I hope they didnt fuck it up for tablet users

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123