Page 2 of 109 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfers & Rumours

vCash
    Yann M'Vila to Arsenal. 17.7m

Confrimed before last game of the season apparently.

vCash
    Good signing.

I wonder what this means about Wilshire's fitness, or lack of though. Song, Wilshire and Arteta are all good enough options to not be blowing 18m on another player there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fodster View Post
    Robben: The winger has said that should he win the Champions League with Bayern Munich and the European Championship with Netherlands this year, then he will "stop playing football", what do you think to the Patz?
    read that one too

obv aint gonna happen anyway since the dutch won't win the EC.

in all seriousness though, he must have been smoking the good dutch weed when he said that. impossible anyway, he just signed a contract extension last week til 2015 or 16.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ebfatz View Post
    Yann M'Vila to Arsenal. 17.7m

Confrimed before last game of the season apparently.

wow. nice one

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nirvana View Post
    I'd rather have Siguardson (the guy on loan at Swansea) over Dempsey. Dempsey's just another over-priced, mid table mediocre shit signing.

Should fit in well then!
    not quite sure whats happening with sigurdson. i heard he expressed his wish to stay at swansea. either way, i am sure hoffenheim will let him go for the right money. they kinda fell out i think.

vCash
    Great quote from the Spurs left back.

Assou-Ekotto: "I will quit Tottenham if they don't qualify for the Champions League. The Europa League is a useless competition."

I like him. Openly came out before and said that he's not too fussed about football but sees it as a job more than something he loves and that as long as he gets paid for his work he's happy.
    http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...126401,00.html

An honest footballer in this day and age!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ebfatz View Post
    Great quote from the Spurs left back.

Assou-Ekotto: "I will quit Tottenham if they don't qualify for the Champions League. The Europa League is a useless competition."

I like him. Openly came out before and said that he's not too fussed about football but sees it as a job more than something he loves and that as long as he gets paid for his work he's happy.
    http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...126401,00.html

An honest footballer in this day and age!

If only all managers and players were as honest

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fodster View Post

Robben: The winger has said that should he win the Champions League with Bayern Munich and the European Championship with Netherlands this year, then he will "stop playing football", what do you think to the Patz?
    Gonna take up boxing then?

vCash
    Montpellier attacker Olivier Giroud has admitted that his agent has been in touch with Bayern Munich to discuss a potential summer move.

The Bavarians are determined to add another striker to their squad ahead of the 2012-13 campaign, and they see the 25-year-old France International as a valuable addition.

"I haven't spoken with Bayern Munich personally, but my agent has been in touch with them," the France international was quoted as saying by Sport Bild.

"Bayern Munich are very well known in France because of all the positive experiences other French players have had there. They have all said how well they were received at Bayern, and how happy they were at the club."

Giroud doesn't fear that he will end up warming the bench at the Bavarians due to the competition from Mario Gomez for the striker position.

"It's not unthinkable that Gomez and I rotate a bit because of the huge amount of matches Bayern play in various competitions. Gomez would probably be first choice in the big games at this point."

Giroud has a contract with Montpellier until the summer of 2014.

He would be an awesome signing for 10mil euro. no doubt about that. also looks like he is really fancying bayern. just very similar to Gomez. would prefer seeing a third striker, a smaller one. much like olic back in 2010 when he shot us to the cl final.

vCash
    Celtic linked with Markus Henriksen of Rosenborg, although a central midfielder is not high on teh list of my priorities [unless we sell Ki, which i would if we got a decent offer say 5m or so]

i would love us to sign a big strong striker, somebody in the chris sutton mould or hartson,

also need a bit of experience at cen def, Mulgrew has been 1st class and i have been impressed by rogne but he gets injured quite a lot.

also sign Forster if we can as he has been fnatastic as well,

maybe a wide player?

that would be it really, got a few good youngsters coming thru as well so things looking good

need to get rid of some of the deadwood tho, plenty players not near the 1st team and draining wages so need to get rid.
    This is how is how it feels to be Celtic,
    Champions again as you'll know,
    Brendan Rodgers here for 10 in a row
    10 in a row

vCash
    Martin Olsson to Stoke is the first one I've read. Not entirely unbelievable either given TP's reputation of raiding relegated teams (Sonko, Kitson, Jerome, Huth, Tuncay, etc)
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

vCash
    all but Huth are shit n all.....

vCash
    Wouldn't say that about Tuncay, he did OK for us but the rest definitely didn't come up trumps. Wouldn't put Jerome in that category either, as an impact sub, he's done well for us.

Huth is definitely by far the best indeed. I think it shows that TP should probably start aiming higher which in all fairness, he tried to do this year with Palacios/Crouch/Upson/Woodgate yet if we beat Bolton, we will only have amassed our highest point tally which came in our 1st season in the EPL!

We're in for an interesting summer, I think. No Europe next year either which is disappointing but means TP can shut the fuck up about travelling long distances.
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wato20 View Post
    all but Huth are shit n all.....
    no offense but huth is shit as well

vCash
    No he isn't.

vCash
    bayern and man utd looking to get baines

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/footbal...-bayern-munich

please not. said to cost 15 - 18mil euros bayern would be retarted if they buy him considering they got one of the biggest talents in the world in alaba who has played tremendously since he moved to left back. why spend 18mil on another guy who takes game time away from him

vCash
    That is indeed a retarted idea

I think United will get him, Evra seems past it and they need to replace him asap. I hope Spurs try to buy baines too but can't see it happening for some reason. Decent fullbacks are hard to find and i think other big clubs will be able to offer him more money. However i don't see him leaving England.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coys View Post
    THowever i don't see him leaving England.
    thats what i am hoping. dont see a reason for him to go to bayern instead of united. i just hope fergie doesnt pull out now.
    we were interested in him 2 or 3 years ago already and he declined back then so hope its gonna be the same.

besides, i wouldnt buy any players from the epl anyway, simply cuz they are overpriced, especially compared to bundesliga.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patinoz View Post
    no offense but huth is shit as well
    Dude come on, fair enough it's your own opinion but he is definitely not shit. He's one of our best players if not the best.
    The Alphabet Game #3

vCash
    no offense (again) but he wouldnt even make the top50 for the german team.

he is seen as an absolute dud over here and its beyond belief how he can be the best player for any epl team. dont know how opinions can go that far apart tbh.

vCash
    But it's not about the German national team, is it?

I'm not saying he's the best German defender ever and of course he's not good enough to make the Germany squad, I've never once said that - I'm just saying he's a top man for our team and possibly in the top 20 centre backs in our league and is not a dud in any way.

Opinions probably go that far apart because we're the ones who get to watch him week in, week out and when he's awarded Player of the Season, he is obviously a key player for us He's never played in Germany as far as I know as his career has been in the EPL since he started at Chelsea. Maybe the German's still have that perception of him being thrown up front as a substitute during his Chelsea days
    The Alphabet Game #3

vCash
    i know what you are saying and i read up on it as well, especially with the player of the year and stuff.

i just find it extremely strange that his appreciation in England is miles apart from his appreciation over here.

top 20 cb in the best league in the world, i mean, thats crazy. i am not having a dig at stoke, i'd say the same if he is playing for everton or so.

as i said, its just weird that he is seen as one of the best in the epl but seen as a nobody in germany.

vCash
    stange when you think that Boateng couldn't cut it over in england but Huth can?
    This is how is how it feels to be Celtic,
    Champions again as you'll know,
    Brendan Rodgers here for 10 in a row
    10 in a row

vCash
    He's a solid mid table player that has kept many of the big teams forwards quiet over the years. Meanwhile the much higher rated Mertesacker is a laughing stock. Funny old world.

He's been great for Stoke. No denying it, whatever way he's viewed in Germany.

vCash
    tbf, man city and stoke are lightyears apart. he also struggled with injury i believe.

nevertheless, i said it many times before, i dont rate boateng that highly either.

Page 2 of 109 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast