Page 3 of 109 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfers & Rumours

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nirvana View Post
    He's a solid mid table player that has kept many of the big teams forwards quiet over the years. Meanwhile the much higher rated Mertesacker is a laughing stock. Funny old world.
    mertesacker is wank. only lives off his past performances for germany.

vCash
    Top 20/30 centre-back's in the EPL, definitely. Consider that there's 2 first choice centre-backs for the top 10 which you may say is the top 20 in the league - Stoke are a mid-table outfit now and Huth would easily walk into the 20-30 bracket and depending on people's viewpoints, possibly just sneaks into the top 20.

I didn't want to compare him to Mertesacker but on the last 2 seasons, Huth is heads and shoulders above him.
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

vCash
    Honestly not being bias either - This may not be a good way to prove my point but looking at which centre-halves have picked up the most points in the premierleague.com fantasy football league this season:

1. Vincent Kompany
    2. Thomas Vermaelen
    3. Joleon Lescott
    4. John Terry
    5. Ryan Shawcross
    6. Ashley Williams
    7. Jonny Evans
    8. Martin Skrtel
    9. Fabricio Coloccini
    10. Gareth McAuley
    11. Phil Jagielka
    12. Anton Ferdinand
    13. Jonas Olsson
    14. Brede Hangeland
    15. Steve Caldwell
    16. Robert Huth
    17. Younes Kaboul
    18. Phil Jones

Of course, injuries/form/team overall performances are factors in the above. Surprised to see Ryan Shawcross up so high btw.
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!

vCash
    Prem league point stats value assists and goals higher than any defensive qualities. Not really a great way to judge centre backs tbh. Wingers or forwards maybe.

Agger's been better than Skrtel. Injuries and game time would probably explain him being nowhere to be seen and Skrtel 8th tho.

tembo_86 Unattached
    Quote Originally Posted by BeezerCeltic1967 View Post
    Celtic linked with Markus Henriksen of Rosenborg, although a central midfielder is not high on teh list of my priorities [unless we sell Ki, which i would if we got a decent offer say 5m or so]
    Believe me, you don't want this playyer, highly overrated!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tembo_86 View Post
    Believe me, you don't want this playyer, highly overrated!
    i found it strange as our midfield cos our best department

he was always touted as a wonderkid in FM
    This is how is how it feels to be Celtic,
    Champions again as you'll know,
    Brendan Rodgers here for 10 in a row
    10 in a row

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nirvana View Post
    Prem league point stats value assists and goals higher than any defensive qualities. Not really a great way to judge centre backs tbh. Wingers or forwards maybe.

Agger's been better than Skrtel. Injuries and game time would probably explain him being nowhere to be seen and Skrtel 8th tho.

yr mad... No way has agger been better! Skrtel has been our player of the season this year.. Very under rated by many, He has been so much more consistant than he has in previous seasons and has saved us a few points too with vital tackles and a few goals too. Hence why he is one of the first choices in the team! Agger as much as I like him personally dont think he is in the top 10 best center defenders in the league.

vCash
    Top 5...

1. Kompany
    2. Vidic
    3. Ferdinand
    4. Terry
    5. Kaboul

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wato20 View Post
    Top 5...

1. Kompany
    2. Vidic
    3. Ferdinand
    4. Terry
    5. Kaboul
    This season, Vidic only played like 4 games...

vCash
    Anyway - All this is mine + Pat's fault for going off-topic. So...

After we were linked with Martin Olsson for 4m yesterday, Pulis has apparently been told that Blackburn want 8m for him now. STEP AWAY, TONY!

Wouldn't be surprised to see us linked with Heskey as well
    The Alphabet Game #3

vCash
    Pat, derailing a thread.... NO

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wato20 View Post
    Top 5...

1. Kompany
    2. Vidic
    3. Ferdinand
    4. Terry
    5. Kaboul

This season?

Kompany is OK!
    But Vermaelen, David Luiz, Jonny Evans, Koscielny and Ivanovic were all better - in my opinion - then the Terry/Vidic/Ferdy trio.

vCash
    Vermaelen... Cant say anyone, who was injured for several months and then in that Arsenal defense is any good...

David Luiz - one of the worst defenders for Chelsea over the last few years for several months of the season.

Johnny Evans, has played pretty well, but not as good as the ones mentioned.

Koscienlny ? are you having a laugh? or are u an Arsenal fan? as u've put him and Vermaelen in there? oh dear.

Ivanovic has been playing Right Back most of the season... So not in my top 5 Centre backs, although i do rate Ivanovic a lot...

vCash
    Koscielny has been brilliant this season.

vCash
    Koscienlny has been Arsenal's best defender this season and the most consistent. I used to think Vermaelen was their best CB but he has been bullied a lot by big powerful strikers such as Grant Holt this year and has made more mistakes than usual.

Kompany has been class. Miles ahead of anybody else.

Kaboul has been great, especially when you consider he has never had a settled partnership. King, Dawson, Nelsen, Gallas etc have all been in and out of the first team.

Agger and SKrtel are usually solid when they play together. Liverpool have been good defensivley this season, they just don't score enough goals.

Interesting nobody has mentioned Coloccini who has also been good.

My top 5 for performances THIS season:

Kompany
    Coloccini
    Kaboul
    Evans
    Skrtel

Regarding Huth, i wanted him at Spurs a while ago and i think he is easily in the top 10-15 centre backs in the Prem

vCash
    My top five would be: Kompany, Koscielny, Evans, Kaboul, Johnson.... just kidding... Caulker has been very good for Swansea.

vCash
    Good shout YW! forgot about Caulker! you think he is ready for the Spurs first team next year? him alongside Kaboul could be great

vCash
    I'm not sure Caulker is ready yet..

1 more season at Swansea would do him good i think..

He does look like he cud be class in a year or two...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patinoz View Post
    llorente would be class for you. tall guy who is able to convert the passes and crosses from the likes of nani, valencia, welbeck etc. plus i think he got a bit better technique than gomez. inferior movement though.

gomez gets criminally underrated. prolly more in germany than abroad actually. mainly cuz he scores 49 out of 50 goals in the box, mostly only 3 - 5 metres out when the goalie is beaten as well (for example the goal against real in the first leg, more or less stumbled it in with his knee, half his goals look like that). nevertheless, you have to stand there first in order to convert those chances and thats the thing you cant learn, you just gotta feel it. same like inzaghi back in the day.

not quite sure who else would be good for united. info mentioned gaitan, got no clue about him though. i really think you should give berba another try.

i think giving cleverley and welbeck a chance is good though. i prefer playing the homegrown guys for a full season and see how they develop instead of gambling on some other guys and paying 10-20 mil for them.
    I remember a bloke call Ruud Van Nistlerooy - Probs the best striker ive ever seen in the box !!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fodster View Post
    Pat, derailing a thread.... NO
    i only said something to huth. everyone else giving their top 5 defenders now ain't my fault.

vCash
    Liverpool linked with about 200 players in anticipation of a recruitment drive in the summer.

Names being mentioned inc... Rasmus Elm, Milos Krasic, Hamit Altintop, Victor Moses, Gaston Ramirez, Eljero Elia, Jackson Martinez, Nigel de Jong, Younes Belhanda, Luuk de Jong..

Out of all of them I would only really look at Elm,Ramirez, both nigel and luuk de jong and Belhanda... I like moses, but to me doesnt seem to be as consistent.

vCash
    hope we don't sign this honda player everyone keeps banging on about...i just seen him on the streetfighter game and he looks a bit on the tubby side to me ..handy with his hands though!

vCash
    Realistic signings top

Regarding Moses, he can't be any worse than Downing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coys View Post
    Good shout YW! forgot about Caulker! you think he is ready for the Spurs first team next year? him alongside Kaboul could be great
    He can't be any worse than Gallas and King have been lately....

He looks a classy player. Strong and quick too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coys View Post
    Realistic signings top

Regarding Moses, he can't be any worse than Downing!

Dont think our youth players could be any worse than downing

Page 3 of 109 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast