Page 1 of 103 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfers & Rumours

vCash

Transfers & Rumours

As we near the end of the season, the rumour mill will start to kick in once again.

First up an interesting one

Looks like Robert Green to Spurs is 99% certain to happen on a free.

Interesting one.

To sit on the bench or has Friedel finally had his day?

vCash
    PLEASE NO

vCash
    That's what I thought.
    Rather have a 50 or 60 year old Freidel than Green!

vCash
    I'd rather have Gomes and that's saying something

vCash
    Gaitan and Kagawa to Man Utd... Yeh, right .

vCash
    Transfer Central TNC ‏ @TransferNewsCen
    "May 12 will be my last game for Dortmund and then I will start a new chapter in Manchester United," Kagawa told TV Osaka.

Maybe not as unrealistic as you think.

vCash
    thats obviously fabricated.

he is going to man utd either way but he wouldnt say it openly like that right now. his agent already denied this news report.

he wont do as well for united as he'd do for dortmund anyway. dortmund players just get overrated. look at the supposedly best bundesliga player from last season in nuri sahin. zil and khedira smoke him at real.

vCash
    No coincidence that United travel to the Far East this coming pre season?
    :8-[:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ebfatz View Post
    dont they always do? i know bayern travels to china and india every pre-season and they dont have anybody from around there.

big teams (i think real or so does it too) only do that for marketing purposes i believe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ebfatz View Post
    Don't they go there most pre-seasons

Danny Simpson linked to Chelsea, seriously?

vCash
    Rangers apparently signing this bloke in the summer

vCash
    Answering a precious question, United often go to America for their pre season so it's not always the Far East no.

vCash
    Rumours have it that Heskey will leave Villa..

Arsenal are keen to make the first move for Fulham striker Clint Dempsey, who is also wanted by Liverpool. (great buy for a club like Liverpool IMO)

Highly-rated 17-year-old Peruvian striker Andy Polo, thought to have been considered by Arsenal, has opted to join Italian side Genoa in a deal worth around 4m.....
    Last edited by Fods; 08-05-12 at 09:41 AM.

vCash
    arsenal need to stop buying 17-year old maybes and buy a guy like dempsey. i know its more or less their philosophy but its not like a guy like that polo would make a notable difference in next 2 or 3 years. and when they buy older guys, i wouldnt suggest buying guys like mertesacker. it takes him half an afternoon to turn 180 degrees.

vCash

vCash
    yeah, i watched the press conference today when jogi presented his extended squad. i doubt mertesacker is gonna get a starting XI gig. got called up cuz of his past performances, not cuz of his present form.

gonna be him, hummels and boateng fighting for the second CB spot next to badstuber. honestly not sure which one of the 3 i would prefer. mertesacker too slow and static, hummels too inconsistent and prone to make errors resulting in goals. same applies to boateng. plus his tendency to do dangerous tacklings in the box.

vCash
    When are the final squads to be named? He hasn't played since Feb either has he.

I was kinda hoping thee would be more rumors of United signing some top class players... but as already mentioned we have been linked to Kagawa only...

IMO we need a CD 2 x AMC and a target man (Gomez would be class with Rooney behind him)

vCash
    final squad named 29th may. he is gonna make the final squad though. lw named 27 guys so only has to cut 4. gonna be 1 goalie since he named 4, and at least 2 mids. and then somebody is gonna get injured prolly. he aint gonna leave mertesacker at home unless he is really unable to play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fodster View Post
    When are the final squads to be named? He hasn't played since Feb either has he.

I was kinda hoping thee would be more rumors of United signing some top class players... but as already mentioned we have been linked to Kagawa only...

IMO we need a CD 2 x AMC and a target man (Gomez would be class with Rooney behind him)
    well, you aint gonna get gomez. i'd prolly try for llorente. similar type. plus de gea might be more comfortable too with another spaniard in the team. and despite scholes etc. playing well, you have to make the switch to young guys eventually. kagawa is a start, but as i said, i dont think he'd do as well at united as he does for dortmund

and lets be honest. either way, he really aint a transfer which is gonna excite the fans

vCash
    yeh agree with that! Seems Fergie has a lot of faith in players like Cleverly and Welbeck though who IMO arn't good enough.

There were rumours years ago about Gomez at United, same with Torres though, should of snapped him up hen he had the chance

vCash
    llorente would be class for you. tall guy who is able to convert the passes and crosses from the likes of nani, valencia, welbeck etc. plus i think he got a bit better technique than gomez. inferior movement though.

gomez gets criminally underrated. prolly more in germany than abroad actually. mainly cuz he scores 49 out of 50 goals in the box, mostly only 3 - 5 metres out when the goalie is beaten as well (for example the goal against real in the first leg, more or less stumbled it in with his knee, half his goals look like that). nevertheless, you have to stand there first in order to convert those chances and thats the thing you cant learn, you just gotta feel it. same like inzaghi back in the day.

not quite sure who else would be good for united. info mentioned gaitan, got no clue about him though. i really think you should give berba another try.

i think giving cleverley and welbeck a chance is good though. i prefer playing the homegrown guys for a full season and see how they develop instead of gambling on some other guys and paying 10-20 mil for them.

vCash
    http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/...juventus-offer

Pogba to Juve. Heard most of you guys raving about him. Whats that all about? 1mil a season? United could easily top that.

vCash
    he is supposed to be class, the next Vieira but with a load more skill apparently, but hes pissed off at not being given is chance and Fergie un-retiring a player whos spot he was after, id leave aswell if I was him, big kick in the face for Pogba IMO

vCash
    Few more:

Van der Vaart urges Vertonghen to join Spurs

Eden Hazard, The Lille star, who is set to be one of the most in-demand transfer targets this summer, claimed 'both red and blue suit him' when asked which Manchester club was his favoured destination

Robben: The winger has said that should he win the Champions League with Bayern Munich and the European Championship with Netherlands this year, then he will "stop playing football", what do you think to the Patz?

vCash
    I'd rather have Siguardson (the guy on loan at Swansea) over Dempsey. Dempsey's just another over-priced, mid table mediocre shit signing.

Should fit in well then!

Someone has to replace Spearing too. I know Lucas is coming back, but if that championship player is starting regularly next season then 7th-8th place finish at best.

Page 1 of 103 1234511 ... LastLast