Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: League / Cup Structure Queries

vCash
    Tri Wasano editor?

Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    Editor and in game. With JohnLocke's league organiser tool it will show 16 in the Editor but only 14 load.

On the 3.9.68 DB its 16 in Editor and 16 in game

Craig Forrest is offline Manager
    Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    also, when increasing teams you need to add additional info to a few other offsets in the EXE or the game will crash.... I know that reducing teams in a league doesn't require extra changes, unless there is a requirement from the game to use X clubs from Y division in a cup..... for example if FA Cup needs all 20 teams from EPL in it you can't reduce.... but obviously the Greek league doesn't need that and thee are no issues.... I would assume that a few leagues can be changed this way but you'd have to test and find out.... but don't try increasing or you'd have to amend the # of fixtures and rounds in the EXE itself which is a no-go

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by djole2mcloud View Post
    Tri Wasano editor?
    I'll go with that.

Greek 1st league was at 14 teams when I became updater, so it must have changed before 2008.

vCash
    can't it be an editor issue? nobody realized then and so everyone kept updating safely

vCash
    The editor can't change the teams per league.

The same problem exists with Green National B where there are 18 teams in editor and 16 ingame. Or 16/14 can't check it atm.

vCash
    i have tried to change number of clubs only via editors...that doesen't work as i suppose...number of teams inside the game stays...i think,without touching .exe this is not possible...

Quote Originally Posted by Pirovatis View Post
    The editor can't change the teams per league.

The same problem exists with Green National B where there are 18 teams in editor and 16 ingame. Or 16/14 can't check it atm.

Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    I just loaded up the Nov 2007 update.... in-game there are 14 teams in Greek A and 14 team in Greek B..... in the editor there are 14 teams in Greek A and 16 teams in Greek B

and in my 3.9.68 data, it shows that both Greek A and Greek B have 16 teams in the editor but only 14 when you load the game.... Skoda Xanthi and Proodeftiki are in the editor as being in Greek A but in-game they are in a lower Greek League.....

very strange.....

vCash
    Skoda Xanthi and Proodeftiki are the last teams in Gr A that's why they are left out.

I don't remember if they are alphabetically last or last sorted by the teamid.
    Last edited by Craig Forrest; 28-06-12 at 02:53 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Forrest View Post
    I just loaded up the Nov 2007 update.... in-game there are 14 teams in Greek A and 14 team in Greek B..... in the editor there are 14 teams in Greek A and 16 teams in Greek B

and in my 3.9.68 data, it shows that both Greek A and Greek B have 16 teams in the editor but only 14 when you load the game.... Skoda Xanthi and Proodeftiki are in the editor as being in Greek A but in-game they are in a lower Greek League.....

very strange.....

Well that settles it so. Was a flaw in design, not something changed since release

Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pirovatis View Post
    Skoda Xanthi and Proodeftiki are the last teams in Gr A that's why they are left out.

I don't remember if they are alphabetically last or last sorted by the teamid.
    I would assume team ID... I had a similar problem when making league patches... I had to make sure that the teams left out were the 2 I wanted and it sorts by team ID

talacasto Unattached

Argentinian League structure / Mercosur Cup

Hi all team,
    How you doing?
    I'm a big fan of CM0102 series. I'm delighted by this website, keeping the game alive!
    I've posted a couple of questions about Argentinian League. I love to play in this league, but the League structure have suffered several changes since 2001.
    Is there any chance we can modify the Second Division structure? Could we create third division?

Sorry if this is the wrong place at the forum to ask for, but please let me know how can I help. I'm not a programmer, but certainly can provide data for the team/rosters creation.

All the best,

Jesus is offline Official Challenge Team
    Social Media Team
    vCash
    Unfortunately the game is way over ten years old now and we don't have the original source code or the developers to code such a thing. The game is a complex beast and the community has managed to develop it as much as it is possible with the little tools and patches that have been released. It's the same reason as to why we can't modify the Champions League structure to the more modern format. It's impossible for us to do it without the source code.

Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    Plus I've tried creating patches based on the Arg leagues and they are hardcoded into the game.... everything I've tried has crashed when I load it

talacasto Unattached
    Thank you jesus and Craig for the quick reply.

First idea:
    Do we have the email of the developers? I mean, now as the game is free maybe they accept to share the part of the code dedicated to the League structure?

Second idea:
    What if we substitute another League with a "new" Argentinian league? As example, Croatia. Just as other league patches does with South American leagues (Ecuador, Chile, etc.)

Let me know. Thanks!

vCash
    I think we have tried this before, mate, and with no results

Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by talacasto View Post
    Thank you jesus and Craig for the quick reply.

First idea:
    Do we have the email of the developers? I mean, now as the game is free maybe they accept to share the part of the code dedicated to the League structure?
    Never going to happen... sorry....

Quote Originally Posted by talacasto View Post
    Second idea:
    What if we substitute another League with a "new" Argentinian league? As example, Croatia. Just as other league patches does with South American leagues (Ecuador, Chile, etc.)

Let me know. Thanks!
    I think the issue is that the game requires the Argentine teams to be in the real Arg Leagues.....everytime I have tried swapping them out to another league, or swapping new teams in, the game crashes.... not all the teams are required but there are some key teams that can't be moved...

talacasto Unattached
    Craig,

What if we create them with "fictional names". So you just need to don't select the original Argentinian League structure, and then you can manage "Bocas Juniorss" & "Riverr Platee".

Let me know if this is a good idea...

Best,

vCash
    I think he's only asking for his own benefit mate as it requires patching to do it so nothing to do with updating

vCash
    OK I revoke my comment

vCash
    Never say never buddy :nono2:
    This is how is how it feels to be Celtic,
    Champions again as you'll know,
    Brendan Rodgers here for 10 in a row
    10 in a row

vCash
    Say never, never ever gonna get the source code for free! Why don't people get that...

vCash
    Game is over 10 years old but part of source code is in more recent games, hence why they won't release it.

vCash
    you could move Argentinian clubs to some other league...let's say Belgium...But then,all offsets for Argentinian competitions must be turned off...and,i don't know how will that affect Mercosur Cup or other SA competitions...

I think the issue is that the game requires the Argentine teams to be in the real Arg Leagues.....everytime I have tried swapping them out to another league, or swapping new teams in, the game crashes.... not all the teams are required but there are some key teams that can't be moved...

vCash
    Craig,i'v decided to swapp Argentina for France...3.leagues with 20 teams...in addition,i will disable all Argetinian comps just to see how whole thing will look like on the end...

talacasto Unattached
    Thanks Djole

Let me know how the game reacts.

Sorry, I'm not a programmer. I'm trying to patch it for the community, not only for myself.

Hope I can help at some point.

Best,

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast