Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Your Job

vCash
    I'm an hardware design engineer in R&D dept. at an intercom systems company.

So, the parliament here where i'm located, looking forward to the elections coming soon, tried to win over some voters by passing a law that deducts a salary tax for employees that work in research. All good! Except that, i just found out, they specifically made it just for those who have a bachelors degree with a diploma. I, as a lazy mu'fuka' i am, just finished studies by passing all the exams, got all the ECTS credits, but didn't even try to pass the final exam and thesis defence. That means i don't have a diploma even though i can legally be employed as an engineer with the employer even getting some tax deduction for hiring a college graduate. Lucky me now has to go back to school to fecking finish it properly and earn a few dimes more

vCash
    I'm a production worker. I'm really glad I found a job, that's the only thing I have in my life.
    I like it. I put a lot of importance on colleagues, environment, and ust what the work is, and I'm really happy right now. Hope to get a definitive contract, but there's no real hope.
    I have diplomas to have a way more qualified job, but I don't want it. I'd rather have a job I like than a job that pays very well, is bling-bling but that I don't like.

vCash
    What are you diplomas in?

vCash
    I teach English.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Fitton For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitton View Post
    I teach English.
    Craig Forrest and yourself, will get on well

Craig Forrest is offline Manager
    Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    vCash
    Why me? I don't teach English.....

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Romano.338 View Post
    I'm a production worker. I'm really glad I found a job, that's the only thing I have in my life.
    I like it. I put a lot of importance on colleagues, environment, and ust what the work is, and I'm really happy right now. Hope to get a definitive contract, but there's no real hope.
    I have diplomas to have a way more qualified job, but I don't want it. I'd rather have a job I like than a job that pays very well, is bling-bling but that I don't like.
    Fully agree with you on that one. I have a job that I'm happy with too, not too stressful and very local to where I live too. There are other jobs I could apply for to earn a lot more but would mean extra commute and probably longer hours. This way, I get to go home at 5pm and completely switch off from work until I go back in the next day
    The Alphabet Game
    Try your luck at winning the top flight title with all 26 letters in the Alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

AJ is offline Official Challenge Team
    VIP
    Vipers Striker Extraordinaire
    vCash
    Mmm, my job is more of a 24/7, 365/365 one. I'm even here in my spare time.

vCash
    Yep - I'm simialr to Mark where I know I could earn more elsewhere but am lucky to be based at home which has been a godsend for helping with JNR.

Haven't worked in an office/where people are every day for best part of 5 years+ now so do not miss it that much (cats for company not quite the same though!) as home quality time with family means more than chaisng the and having a b!tch of a commute to work (and mine would be horrendous if I worked in London as I'm on the dreaded Southern line!)

Each to thier own though. I have friends working all the hours round the clock in Investment banking/Law earning a wedge but not sure when they get time to enjoy it

vCash
    I work in Parks and Recreation, and yes its just like the American Comedy/Mockumentary. I think I'm like Andy the Chris Pine character but the rest of my team will probably disagree.

vCash
    That must be great when the weather is good.

vCash
    Its always great, I get a decent wage and do very little

vCash
    Well, I started to think about what to do next. Stay in NL for long time, but that would need a work change as here, I don't see the ability to move forward or get better. My mind is telling me however, it is time to move on.

If everything goes as planned, I will be moving countries again, but this time, it might actually turn out to be the final step .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Fully agree with you on that one. I have a job that I'm happy with too, not too stressful and very local to where I live too. There are other jobs I could apply for to earn a lot more but would mean extra commute and probably longer hours. This way, I get to go home at 5pm and completely switch off from work until I go back in the next day
    Yeah mines a bit like that. I took the plunge and swapped my job roles. Luckily as it was an internal change my wage stayed the same but my new manager is so flexible and relaxed it's amazing. I can work from home if needed (Which is good considering what my boy is going through) I can be office based or community based, it's amazing really.

The hardest part of my current job is actually working with those aged 16-24 as some of them have some real issues and trying to get them into employment or education is sometimes tricky.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678