Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Key Attributes

vCash
    Originally Posted by Blue Demon
    You have to look at in-game attributes, as editor values will be influenced a lot by his CA when the game creates him.
    Oh I see. Well these are his stats upon game start. As you predicted, his finishing is highest along with influence.

I also decided to look up Joao Paiva's stats as he is another great performer.

By comparing the two screenshots, I have noticed that Acceleration, Balance, Finishing, Jumping, Pace, Stamina and Strength feature heavily in both players. However, Tó also has high Determination, Dribbling and Technique. Could these be the key stats for a striker?

EDIT: They also both have the similar values for flair. Is this just coincidence?

EDIT: I have also noticed that Tó has a low value for Off The Ball. I consider this an important attribute for strikers so why is it so low?

vCash
    The key (what I believe) is their creativity being low (despite it was 16 in editor for To) compared to the finishing. This makes a striker shoot whenever he gets into an attacking position, rather than look for a (key) pass.

We (0102, formerly TN0102) also believe that To`s 20 for finishing is `stronger` than for example Torres` his 20 for finishing.

vCash
    The key (what I believe) is their creativity being low (despite it was 16 in editor for To) compared to the finishing. This makes a striker shoot whenever he gets into an attacking position, rather than look for a (key) pass.

If that's the case, would it be better to look for a player with low creativity and high finishing?

We (0102, formerly TN0102) also believe that To`s 20 for finishing is `stronger` than for example Torres` his 20 for finishing.

Because he doesn't have any conflicting attributes such as creativity?

vCash
    I do believe that if you want a player to score shitloads, his finishing needs to be higher than his creativity (to make his decision making easier). This applies mainly to guys like Gerrard/Lampard/Cahill, scoring AMC`s.

As for the conflicts, I allways look at it as how `special` a high attribute is, so the less high attributes someone has, the more key it can be for him?

vCash
    As for the conflicts, I allways look at it as how `special` a high attribute is, so the less high attributes someone has, the more key it can be for him?

Can you expand more upon this?

vCash
    I have just copied what you showed me from To Madeira (the editor stats) and replaced Rooney`s numbers with those. I left everything else alone. Creating a game now.

vCash
    I have just copied what you showed me from To Madeira (the editor stats) and replaced Rooney`s numbers with those. I left everything else alone. Creating a game now.

His CA/PA will affect the values though right?

vCash
    Hmm, that's why you lowered Messi's creativity as well, right? He only has 14 now

vCash
    in other words, you gave Rooney To's atts, but you left his CA PA the same?

vCash
    Yes and yes.

vCash
    Presumably then, Rooney will not perform as good as Tó mainly because his creativity, or vision as it is labeled in the editor, will be a lot higher?

vCash
    I do think this combination of attribute values in the editor will create a better performing player with lower CA than Rooney has yes.

Gonna run some tests.

vCash
    I do think this combination of attribute values in the editor will create a better performing player with lower CA than Rooney has yes.

Ah! But will it make Rooney perform better compared to his original stats?

vCash
    That's not too hard, Rooney never performs in my games

vCash
    Originally Posted by m0ri
    That's not too hard, Rooney never performs in my games

I do believe that is because he wastes too much time searching for a key pass in attacking positions and tracking back to tackle, mark and position himself defensively.

vCash
    Hmm yeah, he doesn't need that..

In real life all he does is shoot at goal, get angry, and waste possession

vCash
    I was going to post something similar when I first saw this topic about how you should look at some of the low PA stars from ODB and see what stats they had in excess to determine what are the essentials for a decent performer. I was going to mention super fullback Mike Duff as the template for what you should be looking for in a DR/L.

Also of course I think it depends on the level you are playing at, not only as to the numbers in key stats, but if I was looking to buy a top level player I might look for a few more of the key stats to be high, whereas in lower leagues maybe only 2 or 3 need to be high. And also I think you can certainly say some stats are key, where as others are nice to have. For ex, in the case of SC I would only consider finishing as 'nice to have' as I think jumping and heading make for a good SC who will score regardless.

Anyway, I'll have a go at stats for a fullback. I always look first at:

Work Rate: they need to get up and down the line a lot for me (always playing with a flat 4 at the back)
    Stamina: so they can finish a match every now and again!
    Positioning: the key defensive attribute for fullbacks IMO
    Pace: doesn't have to be extreme, but I don't like <11/12
    Tackling: again, doesn't have to be extreme, but less than 11/12 would be a no-no at a top side

Nice to have (i.e. if I can't decide between some players based on the first stats):

Crossing: my FB will be adding width to the attack
    Jumping: for the occasional far post raid and to increase defensive qualities
    Acceleration: Always nice on a wide player, and likely to be one-on-one with oppositions fastest players

Stats I would always check to make sure they aren't freakishly low:

Bravery
    Determination: anything <6 is pretty much a no for me
    Teamwork

vCash
    I`m pretty sure that a lot of people used to consider creativity as a `nice to have` for attacking mids too. There might be a few contra-productive atts for other positions but we havent figured those ones out yet.

Finished a season with Wayne Madeira btw. But I noticed he was a lone SC. Gonna get a 2 SC formation set now so Villa will partner him.

vCash
    Good work KDS. I did think about breaking it down for people playing in the lower leagues. It's definitely something to work on

I`m pretty sure that a lot of people used to consider creativity as a `nice to have` for attacking mids too. There might be a few contra-productive atts for other positions but we havent figured those ones out yet.

Finished a season with Wayne Madeira btw. But I noticed he was a lone SC. Gonna get a 2 SC formation set now so Villa will partner him.

I've noticed his average rating has improved by .30 - pretty significant over a season. But as you pointed out he was a lone striker.

vCash
    And it`s 1 first season.

And he`s in a super team.

vCash

Hardly any difference with Villa(20%) and Higuain (80%) next to him in a 3-5-2.

vCash
    Spoiler:

Hardly any difference with Villa(20%) and Higuain (80%) next to him in a 3-5-2.

So even with 'Key Attributes' it didn't make much difference?

vCash
    His attributes didnt change, but the system did. Higuain isnt that good tho, when Villa doesnt move Wayne has more competition and does worse.

What CA/PA did To Madeira have?

vCash
    Tó Madeira

CA 85
    PA -2

vCash
    85 lol, gonna try that.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast