Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Key Attributes

vCash
    A problem I saw coming, low CA means low rep. Gonna try to change Higuain so he wont be played upfront.

Still not bad, he was at 10 goals from 10 games with a 8.48 avr at one point.

vCash
    His stats are still high though.

vCash
    That`s end of season - he starts out looking quite different.

vCash

vCash
    Originally Posted by Blue Demon
    Decisions can be important for any position, but when a player has too many `best` attributes he is still likely to make wrong decisions. Like the strength of To Madeira was that he had few best atts - makes the decisions easier.

Agree with this point. I've got a young central defender in my team right now and overall he is crap but he has very high (17+) in marking, jumping, positioning and tackling. As a result he is outperforming my senior players.
    Its the similar situation with strikers. However for midfielders I opt for more 'complete' players so they can do a bit of both. For defenders and strikers you can make do with players who aren't Rooney's or Messi's but just have high stats in the right places.

vCash
    I was thinking of adding all same atts for the top ranked players, it would make sense that whatever comes out top is most key?

vCash
    From a "How to Become a Championship Manager" guide by Prima Games, which is worth what it's worth

Goalkeepers
    A breed apart from the rest of the lads, the man between the sticks has his own specific areas of expertise and skill that you should look out for. Handling, reflexes and agility are all attributes reserved for goalies and it's these three skills that are the core of his overall ability. Good positioning, the ability to jump and good strength will also come in handy when your goal is under siege.
    Vital Skills: Handling, Reflexes, Agility
    Desirable Skills: Positioning, Jumping, Strength

Fullbacks
    A hugely demanding role. Today's fullback needs to have the pace and stamina to get forward and the skills to be effective when he gets there. Above all, though, he needs to excel at his defensive duties and have excellent positional awareness in order o keep the opposition's wide players at bay.
    Vital Skills: Positioning, Tackling, Marking, Stamina, Jumping, Strength, Heading
    Desirable Skills: Passing, Pace, Acceleration, Crossing

Centrebacks
    The traditional image is one of a lumbering clogger, hired for his brute strength and his ability to risk various parts of his anatomy in order to protect his goal. This is only part of the story, though, for while you'll find plenty of highly rated centrebacks in the lower divisions, in takes a lot more than brawn to make it as a stopper at the top level.
    Vital Skills: Positioning, Jumping, Tackling, Marking, Aggression, Strength, Bravery, Heading
    Desirable Skills: Stamina, Anticipation, Determination, Pace, Acceleration

Defensive Midfield
    These defensive players represent the engine room of your midfield and the anchormen that hold the side together. Attacking sides may look to play without these players, but lower division teams and those looking to break down the flair and creativity of the opposition will look for these guys to toughen things up in midfield.
    Vital Skills: Tackling, Strength, Aggression, Marking, Stamina, Work Rate, Teamwork
    Desirable Skills: Determination, Passing, Pace, Acceleration

Attacking Midfield
    This is where you'll be looking for creativity. These guys will demand the ball and pull the strings throughout the 90 minutes. They'll need to have the skills to break down the opposition, either through their passing or their own attacking instincts. They are among the most difficult players to find in the game. Treasure them.
    Vital Skills: Creativity, Passing, Off The Ball, Technique, Finishing
    Desirable Skills: Stamina, Work Rate, Teamwork, Flair, Long Shots, Pace, Acceleration

Wingers
    These guys are the mercurial entertainers who are in the side to provide ammunition for the forwards. The supporters will turn up in their droves to watch a winger twist and turn his fullback into the ground. But many teams, particularly at the lower levels, don't have room to support the traditional winger. These days a wide man is expected to toil for his own team as well as torment the opposition, so midfielders who can play on the wing or in the centre are often a good choice.
    Vital Skills: Crossing, Creativity, Dribbling, Pace, Acceleration, Balance, Technique, Passing
    Desirable Skills: Finishing, Long Shots, Teamwork, Work Rate, Off The Ball

Forwards
    Goals win games, there's no denying that; and for these guys banging one in the net is a priority. However, the modern-day forward can bring more to a team than just his finishing ability. Combining a natural goalscorer with a creative forward player can be a deadly cocktail that spells trouble for opposing defences, and goals galore for you. The real life examples are numerous - look at Beardsley and Cole, or Bergkamp and Henry. [dated, or what?]
    Vital Skills: Creativity, Finishing, Off The Ball, Dribbling, Passing, Technique, Pace, Acceleration
    Desirable Skills: Teamwork, Flair, Balance, Long Shots, Anticipation, Crossing

Strikers
    The goal machine. The man who can single-handedly decide the fate of the team. Without this fella banging the ball in the net all that lovely approach play is wasted. You want him in the box sniffing out goals, even if that's his sole contribution to the team effort. If you get a good striker, make sure they are not isolated - make midfielders support him and widemen feed him the ball and play to his strengths. If he has good heading and jumping ratings, modify your style of play to get the ball in high. If he's good on the ground or has good movement and creativity, consider short passes to exploit his pace and finishing skills.
    Vital Skills: Finishing, Off The Ball, Jumping, Heading, Anticipation
    Desirable Skills: Pace, Acceleration, Strength, Aggression, Long Shots

vCash
    I was thinking of adding all same atts for the top ranked players, it would make sense that whatever comes out top is most key?

FWIW, I think a better way would be to create a team of decent players (say all stats at 10, CA & PA at 100), then re-run the same season over and over making changes to just one stat for each iteration.
    Then you can see how an improvement in one stat impacts on their performance during a season. You could even drop a stat right down to 1 and see if it makes any difference at all.

vCash
    The amount of combinations would be millions, impossible to test.

vCash
    The amount of combinations would be millions, impossible to test.

It depends on what you're trying to find out, you could just do a comparison of certain key stats for one particular player/position.

For example, test which striker stat is most import by testing each of the stats mentioned above (Vital Skills: Finishing, Off The Ball, Jumping, Heading, Anticipation Desirable Skills: Pace, Acceleration, Strength, Aggression, Long Shots) and see which one comes out on top. That's 10 tests, not quick, but doable. In fact, I might give this a go and see what I come up with.

vCash
    But there is for example a big difference between an attacker playing as lone SC, being partnered by another or even 2 others like in the March Barca. What kind of partners do they have? Are the wingers good in crossing which helps when an attacker has good jumping/heading?

For other positions the same, when a DMC gets a lot of tackles the 2 DC`s behind him wont get as much, and attacking mids like Gerrard that are able to score a lot, can suffer from someone like Torres stealing all their goals.

vCash
    Kaizeler where did you find that guide?

vCash
    It's a booklet; I reckon it came with an issue of the official CM magazine I bought some seven years ago.

vCash
    I'm not sure if my experience is gospel but I can only go by what I have found with the formation I use most often (4-3-3) sorry for the long post.

I find fullbacks a very hard position to get right. I generally like them to get forward and get plenty of crosses in. I find flair and agility (maybe winger attributes?) determine this more than anything, even pace/dribbling/crossing/accel etc..

One example would be Sagna at Arsenal, he has some great stats (but poor flair and agility) and gets a high average rating when I use him, but in 20+ games he has 1 maybe 2 assists even with good pace and dribbling. He does have a high av tackle though so seems to stay back. Compare him with Gokul who has higher agility and flair, he gets less av tackles but is way more effective going forward with 15-20 assists.

For defenders and DMs I have noticed agression is key to the av tackle stat, they may get more bookings and reds but they stop the opposition more. I notice a marked difference in two players with good similar attributes but the one with a high agression is far far more effective.

Strikers are pretty much a known quantity I think- off the ball, pace, finishing, jumping, heading and if you're lucky dribbling, and you'll have a goal machine.

Goalkeepers are a strange breed, I've had some of the higher rated keepers perform terrible over a number of seasons with some of the more average keepers doing much better. I'm not sure what exactly to look for that determines this as I don't seem to be able to narrow it down.

vCash
    Originally Posted by Tricky_Tree
    For defenders and DMs I have noticed agression is key to the av tackle stat, they may get more bookings and reds but they stop the opposition more. I notice a marked difference in two players with good similar attributes but the one with a high agression is far far more effective.

Try looking for a DM with 20 in positioning and you shall see some tackles....

vCash
    I do, but even a high positioning is no guarentee of a high tackle rate, maybe 2.9-3.2 but with agression I see an average of 4.5-6.0 depending on other attributes.

vCash
    I`ve been adding some stats of the best ranked attackers and created a kid to replace 10 useless strikers at his fav club.

He is based on highly ranked strikers Eto`o/Messi/Villa/Amauri

vCash
    I`ve been adding some stats of the best ranked attackers and created a kid to replace 10 useless strikers at his fav club.

He is based on highly ranked strikers Eto`o/Messi/Villa/Amauri

Lets see how I progress

vCash
    First season EPL topscorer, 2nd season was a bit less.

Your 3rd cap was very succesful.

vCash
    I always knew I was a future superstar x)

What is this to prove BD?

vCash
    I`m trying to create the ultimate striker using a list of added values for attributes. So far I have added the stats of the 4 best ranked attackers from the SL ranking. I`m just wondering how big I need to make the gaps between the most and less key attributes.

vCash
    I`m trying to create the ultimate striker using a list of added values for attributes. So far I have added the stats of the 4 best ranked attackers from the SL ranking. I`m just wondering how big I need to make the gaps between the most and less key attributes.

Oh I see. Well its interesting to watch anyway. Do you know how to speed up your CM btw without the tapani patch? It might make holidaying/testing quicker for you.

vCash
    I have CM installed on a seperate partition, which helps a lot.

Something happened in the game just now that just has to be destiny.

City are struggling in season 4 so they need some good management.

vCash
    Well Jesus was bought by Real Madrid, so I wasnt able to follow his progress any further unfortunately. I think the experiment worked tho, but I will have to see how the key atts list will evolve. It just makes sense that the players that are succesful in a certain position have things in common.

vCash
    I have looked at the original database and checked the attributes of all the high reputation players that were still in their prime at that time. Further, I looked at the forum and used common sense to make a list with important attributes for each position. I use CMAgent, a program to make player ratings. You can use different weights for different attributes. The * are key attributes with a weight of 6.

Goalkeeper
    * handling, one on ones(hidden), positioning, reflexes
    4 agility
    3 anticipation
    2 bravery, jumping
    1 acceleration, pace, balance

Defender Centre
    * marking, positioning, tackling
    5 anticipation
    4 bravery, jumping, strength
    3 acceleration, pace
    2 decisions, heading, teamwork, determination
    1 agility, stamina, work rate

Defender Right/Left
    * acceleration, pace, positioning
    5 tackling
    4 teamwork, work rate
    3 agility, anticipation, bravery, determination
    2 crossing, decisions, dribbling, off the ball, passing, stamina, strength, technique

Defensive Midfielder
    * positioning, tackling, teamwork, work rate
    4 anticipation, bravery, determination
    3 acceleration, marking, pace, passing, stamina, strength
    2 balance, decisions, jumping, technique
    1 agility

Attacking Midfielder
    * creativity, passing
    5 technique
    4 decisions, flair, off the ball
    3 acceleration, agility, anticipation, determination, dribbling, pace, teamwork
    2 finishing, long shots, stamina
    1 balance, heading, work rate

wingers
    * acceleration, pace, dribbling, crossing
    5 technique
    4 agility, flair, off the ball
    3 determination, passing, creativity
    2 anticipation, decisions, finishing, long shots, stamina
    1 balance, teamwork, work rate

Fast Striker
    * acceleration, pace, finishing, off the ball
    4 agility, anticipation, dribbling, flair, technique
    3 determination, decisions
    2 balance, stamina, creativity
    1 heading, long shots, passing, strenght

Target Striker
    * heading, jumping, finishing, off the ball
    5 strength
    4 acceleration, anticipation, flair, pace, technique
    3 determination, decisions
    2 agility, balance, bravery, dribbling, long shots, passing, stamina, creativity, teamwork, work rate

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Patinoz For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast