View Poll Results: 0001 or 0102

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0001

    16 41.03%
  • 0102

    23 58.97%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 61 of 71 FirstFirst ... 51575859606162636465 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 1775

Thread: CM 00/01 - Discussion

  1. #1501
    Join Date
    02-03-12
    Posts
    4,365
    vCash
    5375
    It was crashing on the 11th July, tried holidaying on the 10th but crashed on the 11th, then tried holidaying on the 7th managed to get past the 11th, came out on the 14th and then played as normal, first time I clicked continue I got the same error and it had to close.

    Been running it in Windows XP (Service Pack 3) compatibility.

  2. #1502
    Join Date
    03-03-12
    Posts
    2,577
    vCash
    5200
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    It was crashing on the 11th July, tried holidaying on the 10th but crashed on the 11th, then tried holidaying on the 7th managed to get past the 11th, came out on the 14th and then played as normal, first time I clicked continue I got the same error and it had to close.

    Been running it in Windows XP (Service Pack 3) compatibility.
    Send me your save, not sure I can do anything but why not and see if I have any better luck.





  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cam F For This Useful Post:

    AMC

  4. #1503
    Join Date
    02-03-12
    Posts
    4,365
    vCash
    5375
    Cheers mate, will do.

  5. #1504
    Join Date
    03-03-12
    Posts
    2,577
    vCash
    5200
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Cheers mate, will do.
    Had a try but it was a bit like Top Gun, unfortunately Goose dies

    Did you save game edit at all? tried all things, like checking if you had guys retiring in your shortlist, had you been managing a international team I would have removed players over 21 but you just had one club.

    Think it is a goner.

    Do you not have a backup save? I always have a back up and save it every couple of months just in case, then revert to it.





  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cam F For This Useful Post:

    AMC

  7. #1505
    Join Date
    02-03-12
    Posts
    4,365
    vCash
    5375
    Nah not done anything to it, no editing or even messing about with changing .exe's like last time.

    I've a back up from May which I've managed to holiday through to the end of July with no problems, hopefully that will continue to work when I come to play it, even if I do need to do most of my transfer business again.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:


  9. #1506
    Join Date
    02-03-12
    Posts
    4,365
    vCash
    5375
    Managed to play that other save for a couple of weeks before I got the same error message and it closed down

  10. #1507
    Join Date
    31-07-15
    Location
    Nijmegen, Netherlands
    Posts
    341
    vCash
    10500
    I can't imagine the file is too big already after just a couple of seasons. No other thoughts by me unfortunately...

  11. #1508
    Join Date
    03-03-12
    Posts
    2,577
    vCash
    5200
    Must just have been a freak event as 0001 is so stable unless I got overzealous with names editor. Bummer.

    Is the 0001 I sent you, I will send you a new one at weekend. I wonder if it is the one I messed about with player awards as that one had issues so reverted to a previous one which is amazeballs.

    I have 3 different long term careers on go. One with original data, one with 98 data and one with 9394 data.





  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cam F For This Useful Post:

    AMC

  13. #1509
    Join Date
    03-03-12
    Posts
    125
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Cam F View Post
    Must just have been a freak event as 0001 is so stable unless I got overzealous with names editor. Bummer.

    Is the 0001 I sent you, I will send you a new one at weekend. I wonder if it is the one I messed about with player awards as that one had issues so reverted to a previous one which is amazeballs.

    I have 3 different long term careers on go. One with original data, one with 98 data and one with 9394 data.
    Cam, could you provide me with your stable 0001 version too? (the one with original data) Just in case I have the faulty version you are reffering to.

    Regards

  14. #1510
    Join Date
    03-03-12
    Posts
    2,577
    vCash
    5200
    I shouldn't really have said anything about that I don't even think I released that one as that was me fannying about too much.

    Think AMCs was a freak occurrence but sure will upload another db exe at some point of next few days.





  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cam F For This Useful Post:


  16. #1511
    Join Date
    02-03-12
    Posts
    4,365
    vCash
    5375


    You know me mate, I'll try anything once

  17. #1512
    Join Date
    03-03-12
    Posts
    2,577
    vCash
    5200
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post


    You know me mate, I'll try anything once
    You slipped that one in there mate, like back in Kavos





  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Cam F For This Useful Post:

    AMC

  19. #1513
    Join Date
    02-03-12
    Posts
    4,365
    vCash
    5375
    The opportunity presented itself just like in that foam party

  20. #1514
    Join Date
    03-03-12
    Posts
    2,577
    vCash
    5200
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    The opportunity presented itself just like in that foam party
    It's alright, your ahem slip up, is still the second funniest thing ever in my near ten years on the forum.

    Take a bow Angelis.

    You may no longer be on the forum but your admission of your web viewing was goes down in forum hall of fame





  21. #1515
    Join Date
    03-03-12
    Posts
    2,577
    vCash
    5200
    Quote Originally Posted by Cam F View Post
    I shouldn't really have said anything about that I don't even think I released that one as that was me fannying about too much.

    Think AMCs was a freak occurrence but sure will upload another db exe at some point of next few days.
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/qrllvt





  22. The Following User Says Thank You to Cam F For This Useful Post:

    AMC

  23. #1516
    Join Date
    02-03-12
    Posts
    4,365
    vCash
    5375
    Cheers mate will try give it a whirl tonight and let you know

  24. #1517
    Join Date
    02-03-12
    Posts
    4,365
    vCash
    5375
    No difference unfortunately, I'm refusing to throw in the towel though, I managed to holiday the save I had from after the season to two weeks before the new season and managed to continue through up to our first home game (on 16th Aug), so I'm gonna try and do all my transfer business done early and then I can holiday through July and most of June. Fingers crossed!

  25. #1518
    Join Date
    31-07-15
    Location
    Nijmegen, Netherlands
    Posts
    341
    vCash
    10500
    Come on!!!

  26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vrkh For This Useful Post:


  27. #1519
    Join Date
    11-05-15
    Posts
    51
    vCash
    500
    Hi

    I recently downloaded this and playing with the default db. I noticed that my finances keep changing even though I'm not in debt (Day 1 - 5mil, Day 2 - 700k, Day 3 - 5mil) this happens on many occasions.

    Is this a bug and is there a way to fix, cheers

    Also is it me or do games finish much quicker on here compared to CM 01/02?

  28. #1520
    Join Date
    03-03-12
    Posts
    2,577
    vCash
    5200
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmed_1 View Post
    Hi

    I recently downloaded this and playing with the default db. I noticed that my finances keep changing even though I'm not in debt (Day 1 - 5mil, Day 2 - 700k, Day 3 - 5mil) this happens on many occasions.

    Is this a bug and is there a way to fix, cheers

    Also is it me or do games finish much quicker on here compared to CM 01/02?
    I can only comment on original game 3.81 version. Only time I see funny finances is in spain.





  29. #1521
    Join Date
    11-05-15
    Posts
    51
    vCash
    500
    I will check which version it is. Will a patch fix it and also if there is one available?

    I didn't use the game on here as wanted to use the old DB.

    Currently playing with Coventry in the Premier League and struggling. Can't find a good tactic...lot of tinkering. Also my star player Mustapha Hadji is having a shocker, trying him in Attacking Mid role and now switched to Forward role. So far signed a young Jose Antonio Reyes and Markus Schopp from Champions League regulars (in those days) Sturm Graz

  30. #1522
    Join Date
    03-03-12
    Posts
    2,577
    vCash
    5200
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmed_1 View Post
    I will check which version it is. Will a patch fix it and also if there is one available?

    I didn't use the game on here as wanted to use the old DB.

    Currently playing with Coventry in the Premier League and struggling. Can't find a good tactic...lot of tinkering. Also my star player Mustapha Hadji is having a shocker, trying him in Attacking Mid role and now switched to Forward role. So far signed a young Jose Antonio Reyes and Markus Schopp from Champions League regulars (in those days) Sturm Graz
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/63o81k

    Use Hadji in the MC role with the arrow forward. Works a treat on 3.81.





  31. The Following User Says Thank You to Cam F For This Useful Post:


  32. #1523
    Join Date
    11-05-15
    Posts
    51
    vCash
    500
    Thanks mate!

    Getting a few wins now but had a shocker against Leicester losing 6-4!

    Struggling to sign anyone. Looking to sign Todorov but he feels he's not suited to the English lifestyle. Guess he's just waiting for Pompey to come in with an offer !

  33. #1524
    Join Date
    02-03-12
    Posts
    4,365
    vCash
    5375
    So after gaining promotion from League One with Bournemouth it was time to assemble my squad for The Championship campaign ahead. As stated in my last update I had already made a great start winning our first three games scoring 13 goals in the process, conceding 3 as well with striker Dougie Freedman finding the net no less than 5 times. Despite a draw in game week 4 away at QPR (2-2), we soon started smashing teams left, right and centre, as we won our next 25 games in the league, with our next drop points some 5 months and 14 days after the QPR game, as we drew with Ipswich 2-2 at Portman Road. Obviously by then with a record of P29 W27 D2 L0 we were miles clear at the top, and just three weeks later we were declared champions at our first attempt, and the club would be playing in the top flight for the first time in their history! In the cups we didn't fare too well, as in the FA Cup we lost in the 4th round away at Championship side Port Vale 2-1, and in the League Cup we went out in the quarters to Man City 3-2 AET.




    Star of the season was undoubtedly striker Dougie Freedman who I signed from Nottingham Forest on a bosman at the start of the season and he didn't let me down scoring the goals that led to our title win, and truth be told he did a lot better than I thought he would. It will be interesting to see how he fairs in the Premiership next season under the guidance of new Bournemouth manager Alan Curbishley.





    A few weeks after we lifted the Championship trophy, Premiership strugglers Newcastle came calling and I couldn't turn them down. There were still 8 games left of the season, and the club were sat just outside the relegation spots in 16th but sinking by the week - enduring a run of 5 defeats in a row, and the board decided a change was needed to ensure survival, and so they fired Jim Jefferies and hired yours truly. Striker Carl Cort was brought in from the cold, while there was quality players already in the squad in the shape of Kieron Dyer, Gary Speed, Shay Given and midfield superstar Jamie McClen who I had earmarked for the "Zidane" role in my tactic.





    My reign at Newcastle started with a hard fought 1-0 home win against the MK Dons, but it was the club's first win in the Premiership since the 11th January some 8 games ago now! We drew 1-1 away at Anfield in our next before we spanked Chelsea 6-0 at home with Gary Speed bagging a hatrick, and we closed out the season with a further 5 wins as we climbed up to 10th in the table, and it also meant in the league this season with Bournemouth and Newcastle I was yet to experience a loss as my record stood at P46 W42 D4 F140 A35.




    Plans for the new season have already started with the signing of Nicholas Anelka from PSG for just 5m, while Real Mallorca goalkeeper Leo Franco will join on a bosman to challenge Shay Given for the Number 1 Jersey. A number of reserve players are leaving the club bringing in 6.3m in the process, but expect a lot of wheeling and dealing still to come as I look to mount a push for a Champions League place, if not the title!
    Last edited by AMC; 05-12-15 at 02:10 PM.

  34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:


  35. #1525
    Join Date
    11-05-15
    Posts
    51
    vCash
    500
    Coloured attributes are from the download on 1st page right ?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •