16 41.03%

23 58.97%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 67 of 72 FirstFirst ... 57636465666768697071 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 1779

Thread: CM 00/01 - Discussion

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Sorry to hear about ya save Verkuh, looks a similar problem to the one I had on my Southport-Bournemouth-Newcastle save.
    Thanks for your compassion! If even Cam F can't make it work, it's dead to me as well...

Can we look forward to some updates on ya PSV save then?
    That's worth considering too. I've also started a new game and am 'busy' with CM01/02 (including an occasional story update there).

Will start my write up tonight
    Looks promising so far!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Vrkh For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    Cheers, will have to finish the rest of it tomorrow now, as up early tomorrow and need to get to bed now.

vCash
    After the joy of playing cm on holiday, back to the boring tho ultimately very cool researching and adding career histories from players 23 years ago

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cam F For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Because I can't really - or really can't - let my supersave go, it was time to finally reactivate the latest backup of it. When I reached the CM-year 2436 (in 2014), I got almost the same issues as with my Lneburg save recently. Only here it came up directly after reloading the save, so no further images out of 2436 are available...

Spoiler!

Practically speaking, you can say 'only' two years/seasons were lost. Let's start again in 2434!

Spoiler!

There's a realistic risk of history repeating. That's why this'll be more of an image report than a full story. Firstly a look back at where we are. I came in at Caf Opera during August 2426. I still can't believe why I'm not allowed to do bigger transfers...

Spoiler!

At the start of the 2434 season I immediately started thinking about whether or not I should have replaced the game.cfg file with the one I saved besides my .sav. Obviously I'm playing 'my' 4-1-3-2 and almost every opponent of ours played the same variant of 5-3-2, not only against us.

Spoiler!

Only a handful of teams made a minor adjustment to that very same formation.

Spoiler!

And you're sure this is the game you were rather successful in for many, many seasons?

Spoiler!

Any cup results then?

Spoiler!

I also had a World Cup to play with Holland. It annoys me to no end that when I'm not at a club in the same country as the national team I'm managing, not even a quarter of the recallable players can be found through Player & Staff Search. That's why I put in a hell of an effort to extend my shortlist.

Spoiler!

The tournament itself resulted in special attention for 17-year-old debutant de Visscher (AMRC), who signed for Caf Opera ( 1,500,000) afterwards. Never mind the attendance in our last match!

Spoiler!

I got proper RSI after cleaning my shortlist... Bloody news messages concerning all those players!

As a result of our title in 2433, we were entered into the Champions League of 2434/2435. Some kind of a rusty start in this competition as well...

Spoiler!

What were the consequences for combining European football with domestic matches?

Spoiler!

Not the best of starts in the Second Group of the Champions League, but one of the greatest escapes ever did help us out!!!

Spoiler!

Just before the start of the league in 2035 we played the first leg of our QF.

Spoiler!

When it was time to call it a day, I had some technical difficulties exiting the game. I remember this also being the case a couple of years ago, so probably I'm not able to play this much longer. Maybe I'll do a marathon once, to set a new personal record!

Spoiler!

Despite those reports, the file was overwritten after all and above that, it can be reloaded as well!

Spoiler!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Vrkh For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Oliver Kahn shocked

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cabir48 For This Useful Post:

vCash

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fods For This Useful Post:

vCash
    New Career, first victory!

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cabir48 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Not another save Verkuh! You're making me fear my save now!

Speaking of which write up complete now.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Not another save Verkuh! You're making me fear my save now!

Speaking of which write up complete now.
    Congrats on the two trophies!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Vrkh For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Vrkh For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Are only my keepers to blame or should we 'simply' win more headers?

Spoiler!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Vrkh For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Them first two games are ridiculous!

vCash
    Maybe I need to buy them some helmets!

vCash
    One thing i've noticed that happens a lot more on this version than 01-02 is that there are a lot more naturally unfit players. It seems to happen more with regens, but even players with high stamina and natural fitness can tire to below 80% from 100% fitness by halftime without picking up an injury.

Also is there a good way to counter the AI's 4321 "Defensive Counter" formation? it seems to be so effective against almost any formation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allrounder View Post
    One thing i've noticed that happens a lot more on this version than 01-02 is that there are a lot more naturally unfit players. It seems to happen more with regens, but even players with high stamina and natural fitness can tire to below 80% from 100% fitness by halftime without picking up an injury.

Also is there a good way to counter the AI's 4321 "Defensive Counter" formation? it seems to be so effective against almost any formation.
    Make a new tactic and call it 'Defensive Counter Counter'. That'll stop 'em!

Regarding fitness, it could be related to the tactics you are using. You might want to reduce pressing if you are using it a lot. I've also observed that players tire more during the first few games of the season, but this improves as time progresses. Fitness training schedules are quite effective as well.
    Last edited by Dr. Conquest; 21-10-16 at 11:29 PM.

vCash
    16 years to the day since CM 00/01 came out according to something I just saw on Twitter.

Will post a review of Season 3 of my save tomorrow night (when I should be playing it too), I'm just at the start of season 5 now so got a couple of seasons to catch up on.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

vCash
    16 years to the day since CM 00/01 came out according to something I just saw on Twitter.

Will post a review of Season 3 of my save tomorrow night (when I should be playing it too), I'm just at the start of season 5 now so got a couple of seasons to catch up on.

vCash
    After landing a Turkish domestic double of the League and Turkish Cup last season I decided that my time with Ankaragucu was to come to an end, and I would look for a job elsewhere and outside Turkey. A host of vacancies came up in the summer and after sending out numerous applications I waited to hear back from clubs... they never came. Despite being ranked 166th in the World, I was being overlooked for jobs in even the 2nd division of countries, and when Piacenza in Serie B turned me down despite finishing 12th in Serie B the two previous seasons and going nowhere fast I turned my attention back to Ankaragucu. Ahead of the new season I brought in 5 new players permanently, the pick of them being attacking midfielder Aksoy Altan who arrived on a free from Adanaspor, while experienced centre back Murat Yakin joined from Trabzonspor for 1.6m, with both earmarked to go straight into the starting eleven. I made my usual raft of loan signings as well with a further 5 new faces joining the club, with Argentinian Nelson Cuevas a player I couldn't wait to work with.

To the season then and just like last year we dominated our domestic rivals, and from our opening six games we won five and drew just the once (a 2-2 draw at home to Kocaelispor - superkeepered obviously) with us scoring 20 goals already, chief architect being that man Muzzy Izzet again with 6 goals and 4 assists from these 6 games. After beating HJK Helsinki and Besiktas in the qualifiers last year, this season we went straight into the group stages and we met familiar foes in Real Madrid and Anderlecht, with Dutch giants Ajax making up the group. First up was Real Madrid at home and we found ourselves 3-0 down in the first 25 mins, and 4-0 down just after half time, and despite a quick fire double after the 4th goal from ourselves the Spanish side were never in trouble, and further goals for Zidane (hatrick) and Raul (scored two) gave me my heaviest defeat so far. Ajax away would give us a chance to pick up our first points of the group, and despite falling 1-0 and 2-1 behind we rallied each time to level things, and in the 90th minute we got the winner as Aydin Cafer bagged himself a brace.

Anderlecht at home provided me a chance to gain some revenge on the Belgian side as they knocked me out at the 2nd group stage last year, but we were 2-0 down at half time, and even though we scored midway through the second half, Anderlecht regained their two goal cushion in the final 10 mins and saw out the win, and with Real Madrid and Anderlecht to play away it looked like an uphill task already to qualify for the 2nd group stage. With that in mind I decided that game would be my last with Ankaragucu, not the best way to go out after the success I had brought the club the past two seasons, but my heart weren't in it anymore and I pined for a new challenge, if only I could have moved in the summer on a happy note but what was done was done and I submitted my resignation. A week later I was presented as the new manager of Real Betis, who currently played in the Spanish 2nd division but had unsuccessfully tried to gain promotion the previous two seasons, and having played 3 league games this season so far drawing twice and losing once, the Betis hierarchy decided a change was in order and I was brought in to replace the outgoing Luis Rodriguez Vaz.

On taking over the squad I was surprised to see how the previous manager and the one before him couldn't gain promotion with this side as players like Antonio Prats, Juan Merino, Ito and Angel Manuel Cuellar looked a cut above for this league, while Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink had only just left for Valencia, and with 39 league games still to go I was more than certain I could achieve promotion with the club. I decided to employ the same 4-5-1 formation that worked so well for me in Turkey as it fitted the squad nicely, and with the transfer market not opening again for another couple of months I had to work with the squad I inherited, although that didn't stop me from scouting for players. We got off to an incredible start winning my first 5 games, scoring 24 goals in the process which took us up to 2nd, and by gameweek 16 we hit top spot a position we wouldn't relinquish for the rest of the season. December 15th saw me stamp my mark on the club as 5 new players joined the club, goalkeeper Dionisis Chiotis (AEK - 200k), defenders Dimitri Olesinski (D R/L - Lille - 200k) and Ugo Ehiogu (DC - Aston Villa - 2.5m), midfielder Zoltan Vincze (DMC - Ferencvaros - 1m) and finally striker Edwin Congo (SC - Real Madrid - 1.7m), while 8 players left the club raising 5.7m in the process. If we were good in the opening half of the season then we were simply scintillating in the second half, and with an average of just over 3.7 goals scored per league match since taking over it was no wonder we won the league by a margain of 18 point from city rivals Sevilla, as we recorded a new points record for the league of 102 (and goals scored with 148), although conceding 50 goals in my 39 games was a slight concern ahead of next season and being in the top flight.

That wouldn't be the end of our success though as after consecutive 7-0 romps over Burgos and Valladolid, we then won two legged affairs against Sevilla (7-3 on agg), Barcelona (4-3 on agg) and Osasuna (5-2 on agg) to set up a Spanish Cup Final against Celta Vigo. Celta had finished 2nd in La Liga 13 pts behind runaway leaders Barcelona and within their squad had the likes of Valery Karpin, Alexander Mostovoi, Gustavo Lopez and Catanha but it mattered little as we battered them 4-0 in the showpiece final, Edwin Congo bagging himself the match ball after a fantastic hatrick.

Star player for the season was an easy one really but he actually only played for me for half a season, but with a record of 56 goals in just 32 games it could only be striker Edwin Congo, what a snip at 1.7m from Real Madrid that was! Honourable mentions also go to other winter signing Zoltan Vincze - 18(8) apps, 7 goals, 6 assists and 8.04 average rating, and 20 year old Bolivian midfielder Joselito Vaca who bagged an outstanding 20 goals and 11 assists in 31(3) league apps, and also managed 3 goals and 2 assists from his 6 cup games, all from the right wing.

But that weren't the end of my managerial exploits for the season though, as on the 12th February with 11 English Premiership games left, a new manager burst on the scene to help Leeds Utd in their relegation dog fight. Leeds were sitting in 18th place in the table, 7 pts clear of Barnsley and 8 of Derby, but above them stood 7 other teams seperated by just 6 pts, it really was anyone's guess as to who would be the third team to be relegated. The basis of the squad that gave Leeds the success they had IRL were still at the club, Harry Kewell, Mark Viduka, Lee Bowyer etc and they'd made some astute signings in Giovanni van Bronckhorst and Par Karlsson so I had no worries about avoiding relegation and pushing them up the table as much as possible. In the remaining 11 games we managed to win 7 and draw 4 propelling us up to 9th and an Inter-Toto Cup place, and it would be Yorkshire rivals Huddersfield who would be relegated to the Championship as they finished in 18th, some 8 points behind Aston Villa.

Finally to Ankaragucu, and it was a disappointing season for my former club as they could only finish 4th in the league 12 points behind winners Galatasaray, and they went out in their first game in the defence of their Turkish Cup 2-1 away at First Division side Afyonspor, and already there is some pressure on my replacement Mustafa Denizli.

Last edited by AMC; 29-10-16 at 10:49 PM.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Hey, I've having a torrid time trying to upload screenshots here. Does anyone have any pointers? The button it says I should look for simply isn't there.

vCash
    Use postimage.org and the one I use is 'hotlink for forums'

vCash
    Barcelona are bastards

After romping the Segunda Division and the Copa del Rey last season it couldn't have gone much better after I took over Real Betis, that was now in the past though and we had to focus on the upcoming season and taking on the likes of Barcelona, Real Madrid and Valencia in La Liga, as well as defend our Copa del Rey title and compete in the UEFA Cup. It was no surprise then that a number of new faces joined the club, and no fewer than 11 players joined the club for a combined 12m including Djalminha for 2.8m from Stuttgart, while 6.8m was raised in selling 15 players, mostly reserve players with only centre back Roberto Solozabal playing regularly for me last season as he moved to Celta Vigo for 1.5m.

The season didn't start too well with Barcelona beating us 6-3 on aggregate in the Super Cup (0-3 away, 3-3 at home), but we responded brilliantly to beat Kispest 8-3 on agg (7-2 1st leg home win) to move into the UEFA Cup 2nd Round. League business was also going well as we won our first 6 league games, highlights being home wins over Valladolid 7-0 and Osasuna 5-1 before we came crashing back to Earth with a 4-2 away defeat at Celta Vigo, despite the home side being reduced to ten men on the hour mark. Again we bounced back and overcame Portuguese side Pacos de Ferreira 6-1 on agg to set up a tie against Benfica in the UEFA Cup 3rd round, and we went unbeaten in our next 5 league games before we experienced another painful trip to the Nou Camp, this time going down 4-1. I thought Benfica may have caused us some problems but when we won 3-0 in Lisbon in the first leg we had one foot in the next round and we made sure we would qualify with a 2-0 home win, while we won our next 4 league games to close out the year, including a magnificent 3-1 away win at Valencia. With the transfer window open we made a couple of moves, first Leira's 21 year old defender Juan Carlos Puig joined for 375k a player who I earmarked for a big future at the club, and contract rebel Ito was sold to Mexican club Club de Futbol America for 2.5m - not bad for a player with 6 months left on his contract, and he was replaced with Wisla Krakow defensive midfielder Radoslaw Kalzny for the same fee.

The New Year started well as we beat Athletico Bilbao 4-2 away in the Copa del Rey as we looked to defend our trophy, and an unbelieveable 11-5 aggregate win over Badajoz (4-1 (A), 7-4 (H)) saw us through to the quarter finals where we would face Deportivo. In the league it was a 3 horse race between ourselves, Barcelona and Real Madrid with the three of us constantly grabbing top spot, but come March it was down to two as Real fell away leaving us and Barcelona to fight it out. With just two months of the season left then we had made it through to the UEFA Cup Semi Final after we had beat PSV (5-2 agg) and Legia Warsaw (6-3 agg) and as fate would have it we would face my former club Ankaragucu for a place in the Final, while in the Copa del Rey we beat Deportivo over two legs by 4 goal to 2, and we would face our Semi Final opponents from last year Barcelona. We would be at home in both Semi Final first legs and I was looking for good wins to take into the second legs, I got the wins but not the most commandable of leads as we would head to Turkey with a 3-1 advantage, while the shorter trip to Barcelona would see us take a 3-2 lead. I received a warm welcome on my return to Ankaragucu but that didn't mean I was going to do them any favours, and a fine display saw us triumph 3-0 to make the Final where we would face... Barcelona!

The Catalans struck a psychological blow to us as they beat us 2-1 in the Copa del Rey with a late goal from Kluivert seeing them through to face Extremadura in the Final on away goals. However, not for the first time this season we didn't let that disappoint us, and when Barcelona drew their games in week 35 and 36 we were 4 pts clear with just two games to go! I was left seething with the Spanish FA when I saw the fixture list though, Barcelona would play in the league on the 16th and 23rd May with our UEFA Cup Final sandwiched in the middle on the 19th May, while us on the otherhand would have the Final on the 19th, Real Madrid at home on the 21st, and then our last game at home to Real Sociedad on the 23rd, unbelievable! Barcelona returned to winning ways with a 5-1 home romp over Villarreal thanks to braces from Kluivert and Messi. To Hampden Park, Glasgow then the scene of the UEFA Cup Final, and what a game of football for the neutral it was! We took the lead on 2 mins through Edwin Congo, but Messi levelled things on 13 before we were hit with a killer blow when keeper Chiotis was sent off for bringing down the Argentinian and he picked himself up to score the resulting penalty. Game over? No chance! Congo got his second of the game, and when Eirik Bakke made it 3-2 minutes later I had to pinch myself! Back game Barcelona, Messi getting his hatrick on 39, and at half time it was 3-3. The second half was nearly as frantic as the first, and we regained the lead on 51 with young Scottish full back Gary McIntyre a 1.4m signing from Fulham at the start of the season finding the net in his home city, what a story for the lad indeed, but unfortunately our ten men couldn't hang on and goals on 74 from Iuliano and a 4th for Messi on 81 gave the Catalans the trophy.

We had two days to recover for the visit of Real Madrid, and even though Barcelona had beat us in the Copa del Rey and the UEFA Cup we were still in driving seat ahead of them in La Liga. Real Madrid had fallen away from the title race at the start of the year but still had players I could only wish for in the likes of Raul, Zidane, Veron and Ballack, in fact I'd probably take at least half of them to be honest! 48 hours removed from the defeat to Barcelona it was expected we would have to make changes and Veron gave the capital team the lead on 19 mins, and on the brink of half time we were left ruing another red card as right back Dimitri Olesinski was given his marching orders on 44. Things got worse in the second half when Morientes doubled Real's lead early on, but again we showed great character (copyright Brendan Rodgers ) and midfielder Wilson Oruma pulled one back for us. Morientes got his second of the game to make it 3-1 with quarter of an hour to go but again we didn't know when to quit and another from Oruma and then a 90th minute equaliser from substitute Edwin Congo had somehow rescued us a point!

One game to go and a two point lead we were still favourites for the title, even if the fixtures hadn't fallen kind for us, as once again we would play two days after our previous game and the squad was nearly running on empty. We would face already relegated Real Sociedad at home, Barcelona would be playing 13th placed Valladolid away, a win for us would give us the title, a draw for us and a win for Barcelona would hand them the title on the head-to-head record. We got off to a great start when right winger Martin Posse gave us the lead on the 11th minute and we continued to bang on the door before half time but couldn't find a second as we went into the break, and news from Valladolid showed a late goal from Kluivert had given our rivals the lead. We came out for the second half in a positive manner but were hit by a sickening equaliser from Edgaras Jankauskas, but we all knew of the mental resolve our team had and Posse got his second on 77 minutes, and we had around 15 minutes to hang on to claim the title! We hardly had time to celebrate when a hopeful long ball wasn't dealt with properly, and Oscar De Paula equalised for Real Sociedad and this was one set back too much for us and the game ended 2-2. We would have to hope for a late goal from Valladolid and there was one, but unfortunately it came from Patrick Kluivert, and we had lost the title in the cruelest of fashions in the shape of the head-to-head record

Edwin Congo had enjoyed another great season scoring 47 goals in 54 games, but this year's star player of the season is Zoltan Vincze who averaged an incredible 8.97 from 33 games with 12 goals and 22 assists from DMC, the only problem is he sometimes struggles to play twice a week despite stamina of 16 and no injury problems according to the physio.

So yeah, Barcelona are bastards
    Last edited by AMC; 20-11-16 at 01:10 PM.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Sorry about the lack of League Table pic, progressed into the next season now so unfortunately couldn't get a screenie. Both ourselves and Barcelona had a record of 31 wins 4 draws and 3 losses from our 38 games, with us scoring 111 times to their 89 but them conceding 21 times to our 35, if only the league was decided on goal difference!

Will do a Leeds Utd write up at a later date.

vCash
    Back on the Cm0001 buzz.

adult photo sharing

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shambalane For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shambalane View Post
    Back on the Cm0001 buzz.

adult photo sharing
    Can you share your tactic?

vCash
    DWS 5 Zidane A3. I believe there is a link to it somewhere on either this page or the last.

40. The Following User Says Thank You to Shambalane For This Useful Post: