39. You may not vote on this poll

16 41.03%

23 58.97%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 69 of 69 FirstFirst ... 596566676869
Results 1,701 to 1,705 of 1705

Thread: CM 00/01 - Discussion

vCash
    Out of pure curiosity Cam: you are working on it maunally by rewriting their attributes or you are using some tools like these ones extracting data files?

vCash
    Manually adding sadly. There are some different letters for foreign countries that aren't recognised by 0001 causing it to crash if insert 0102 data.

vCash
    Hi, Cam.

Just a question; is the download for the 9394 season database, in the opening post, the latest update you did on this one?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Barcelona are bastards

After romping the Segunda Division and the Copa del Rey last season it couldn't have gone much better after I took over Real Betis, that was now in the past though and we had to focus on the upcoming season and taking on the likes of Barcelona, Real Madrid and Valencia in La Liga, as well as defend our Copa del Rey title and compete in the UEFA Cup. It was no surprise then that a number of new faces joined the club, and no fewer than 11 players joined the club for a combined 12m including Djalminha for 2.8m from Stuttgart, while 6.8m was raised in selling 15 players, mostly reserve players with only centre back Roberto Solozabal playing regularly for me last season as he moved to Celta Vigo for 1.5m.

The season didn't start too well with Barcelona beating us 6-3 on aggregate in the Super Cup (0-3 away, 3-3 at home), but we responded brilliantly to beat Kispest 8-3 on agg (7-2 1st leg home win) to move into the UEFA Cup 2nd Round. League business was also going well as we won our first 6 league games, highlights being home wins over Valladolid 7-0 and Osasuna 5-1 before we came crashing back to Earth with a 4-2 away defeat at Celta Vigo, despite the home side being reduced to ten men on the hour mark. Again we bounced back and overcame Portuguese side Pacos de Ferreira 6-1 on agg to set up a tie against Benfica in the UEFA Cup 3rd round, and we went unbeaten in our next 5 league games before we experienced another painful trip to the Nou Camp, this time going down 4-1. I thought Benfica may have caused us some problems but when we won 3-0 in Lisbon in the first leg we had one foot in the next round and we made sure we would qualify with a 2-0 home win, while we won our next 4 league games to close out the year, including a magnificent 3-1 away win at Valencia. With the transfer window open we made a couple of moves, first Leira's 21 year old defender Juan Carlos Puig joined for 375k a player who I earmarked for a big future at the club, and contract rebel Ito was sold to Mexican club Club de Futbol America for 2.5m - not bad for a player with 6 months left on his contract, and he was replaced with Wisla Krakow defensive midfielder Radoslaw Kalzny for the same fee.

The New Year started well as we beat Athletico Bilbao 4-2 away in the Copa del Rey as we looked to defend our trophy, and an unbelieveable 11-5 aggregate win over Badajoz (4-1 (A), 7-4 (H)) saw us through to the quarter finals where we would face Deportivo. In the league it was a 3 horse race between ourselves, Barcelona and Real Madrid with the three of us constantly grabbing top spot, but come March it was down to two as Real fell away leaving us and Barcelona to fight it out. With just two months of the season left then we had made it through to the UEFA Cup Semi Final after we had beat PSV (5-2 agg) and Legia Warsaw (6-3 agg) and as fate would have it we would face my former club Ankaragucu for a place in the Final, while in the Copa del Rey we beat Deportivo over two legs by 4 goal to 2, and we would face our Semi Final opponents from last year Barcelona. We would be at home in both Semi Final first legs and I was looking for good wins to take into the second legs, I got the wins but not the most commandable of leads as we would head to Turkey with a 3-1 advantage, while the shorter trip to Barcelona would see us take a 3-2 lead. I received a warm welcome on my return to Ankaragucu but that didn't mean I was going to do them any favours, and a fine display saw us triumph 3-0 to make the Final where we would face... Barcelona!

The Catalans struck a psychological blow to us as they beat us 2-1 in the Copa del Rey with a late goal from Kluivert seeing them through to face Extremadura in the Final on away goals. However, not for the first time this season we didn't let that disappoint us, and when Barcelona drew their games in week 35 and 36 we were 4 pts clear with just two games to go! I was left seething with the Spanish FA when I saw the fixture list though, Barcelona would play in the league on the 16th and 23rd May with our UEFA Cup Final sandwiched in the middle on the 19th May, while us on the otherhand would have the Final on the 19th, Real Madrid at home on the 21st, and then our last game at home to Real Sociedad on the 23rd, unbelievable! Barcelona returned to winning ways with a 5-1 home romp over Villarreal thanks to braces from Kluivert and Messi. To Hampden Park, Glasgow then the scene of the UEFA Cup Final, and what a game of football for the neutral it was! We took the lead on 2 mins through Edwin Congo, but Messi levelled things on 13 before we were hit with a killer blow when keeper Chiotis was sent off for bringing down the Argentinian and he picked himself up to score the resulting penalty. Game over? No chance! Congo got his second of the game, and when Eirik Bakke made it 3-2 minutes later I had to pinch myself! Back game Barcelona, Messi getting his hatrick on 39, and at half time it was 3-3. The second half was nearly as frantic as the first, and we regained the lead on 51 with young Scottish full back Gary McIntyre a 1.4m signing from Fulham at the start of the season finding the net in his home city, what a story for the lad indeed, but unfortunately our ten men couldn't hang on and goals on 74 from Iuliano and a 4th for Messi on 81 gave the Catalans the trophy.

We had two days to recover for the visit of Real Madrid, and even though Barcelona had beat us in the Copa del Rey and the UEFA Cup we were still in driving seat ahead of them in La Liga. Real Madrid had fallen away from the title race at the start of the year but still had players I could only wish for in the likes of Raul, Zidane, Veron and Ballack, in fact I'd probably take at least half of them to be honest! 48 hours removed from the defeat to Barcelona it was expected we would have to make changes and Veron gave the capital team the lead on 19 mins, and on the brink of half time we were left ruing another red card as right back Dimitri Olesinski was given his marching orders on 44. Things got worse in the second half when Morientes doubled Real's lead early on, but again we showed great character (copyright Brendan Rodgers ) and midfielder Wilson Oruma pulled one back for us. Morientes got his second of the game to make it 3-1 with quarter of an hour to go but again we didn't know when to quit and another from Oruma and then a 90th minute equaliser from substitute Edwin Congo had somehow rescued us a point!

One game to go and a two point lead we were still favourites for the title, even if the fixtures hadn't fallen kind for us, as once again we would play two days after our previous game and the squad was nearly running on empty. We would face already relegated Real Sociedad at home, Barcelona would be playing 13th placed Valladolid away, a win for us would give us the title, a draw for us and a win for Barcelona would hand them the title on the head-to-head record. We got off to a great start when right winger Martin Posse gave us the lead on the 11th minute and we continued to bang on the door before half time but couldn't find a second as we went into the break, and news from Valladolid showed a late goal from Kluivert had given our rivals the lead. We came out for the second half in a positive manner but were hit by a sickening equaliser from Edgaras Jankauskas, but we all knew of the mental resolve our team had and Posse got his second on 77 minutes, and we had around 15 minutes to hang on to claim the title! We hardly had time to celebrate when a hopeful long ball wasn't dealt with properly, and Oscar De Paula equalised for Real Sociedad and this was one set back too much for us and the game ended 2-2. We would have to hope for a late goal from Valladolid and there was one, but unfortunately it came from Patrick Kluivert, and we had lost the title in the cruelest of fashions in the shape of the head-to-head record

Edwin Congo had enjoyed another great season scoring 47 goals in 54 games, but this year's star player of the season is Zoltan Vincze who averaged an incredible 8.97 from 33 games with 12 goals and 22 assists from DMC, the only problem is he sometimes struggles to play twice a week despite stamina of 16 and no injury problems according to the physio.

So yeah, Barcelona are bastards
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    I've turned my Ankaragucu-Betis save into an A-Z theme now, currently at Dusseldorf after finally landing the La Liga title with Betis before a short stay at Crystal Palace saw us win the Championship.

Will post some pics up of the last few seasons, then will get back to the season-to-season updates.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

vCash
    You may also remember I took over Leeds in February 2003, saving them from relegation and finishing 9th. The following season after a mass overhaul we won the League and League Cup, surrendered a 2-0 lead against Arsenal in the FA Cup Final to lose 3-2, and in the same season as mentioned above when Barcelona pipped my Betis to all cups, we were knocked out of the Europa League in the Semi Final stage 6-4 on aggregate.

After that season it was time to move on, and after Rangers could only finish 5th, Tony Adams was given his marching orders and I was handed the reins. It's been plain sailing so far with 4 consecutive League Titles, 3 League Cups (Runner Up last year), 2 Scottish Cups and a Europa League in my first year in charge.

The story doesn't end there though as after Danny Porter (who?) was sacked by England after the 2006 World Cup, I was given the job and lead the National Side to glory winning the 2008 European Championships.

Last edited by AMC; 18-05-17 at 05:48 PM.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

Page 69 of 69 FirstFirst ... 596566676869