View Poll Results: 0001 or 0102

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0001

    16 41.03%
  • 0102

    23 58.97%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 69 of 72 FirstFirst ... 596566676869707172 LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 1779

Thread: CM 00/01 - Discussion

  1. #1701
    Join Date
    30-03-12
    Location
    Cracow , Poland
    Posts
    18
    vCash
    500
    Out of pure curiosity Cam: you are working on it maunally by rewriting their attributes or you are using some tools like these ones extracting data files?

  2. #1702
    Join Date
    03-03-12
    Posts
    2,580
    vCash
    5200
    Manually adding sadly. There are some different letters for foreign countries that aren't recognised by 0001 causing it to crash if insert 0102 data.

  3. #1703
    Join Date
    03-03-12
    Posts
    126
    vCash
    700
    Hi, Cam.

    Just a question; is the download for the 9394 season database, in the opening post, the latest update you did on this one?

  4. #1704
    Join Date
    02-03-12
    Posts
    4,581
    vCash
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Barcelona are bastards

    After romping the Segunda Division and the Copa del Rey last season it couldn't have gone much better after I took over Real Betis, that was now in the past though and we had to focus on the upcoming season and taking on the likes of Barcelona, Real Madrid and Valencia in La Liga, as well as defend our Copa del Rey title and compete in the UEFA Cup. It was no surprise then that a number of new faces joined the club, and no fewer than 11 players joined the club for a combined 12m including Djalminha for 2.8m from Stuttgart, while 6.8m was raised in selling 15 players, mostly reserve players with only centre back Roberto Solozabal playing regularly for me last season as he moved to Celta Vigo for 1.5m.

    The season didn't start too well with Barcelona beating us 6-3 on aggregate in the Super Cup (0-3 away, 3-3 at home), but we responded brilliantly to beat Kispest 8-3 on agg (7-2 1st leg home win) to move into the UEFA Cup 2nd Round. League business was also going well as we won our first 6 league games, highlights being home wins over Valladolid 7-0 and Osasuna 5-1 before we came crashing back to Earth with a 4-2 away defeat at Celta Vigo, despite the home side being reduced to ten men on the hour mark. Again we bounced back and overcame Portuguese side Pacos de Ferreira 6-1 on agg to set up a tie against Benfica in the UEFA Cup 3rd round, and we went unbeaten in our next 5 league games before we experienced another painful trip to the Nou Camp, this time going down 4-1. I thought Benfica may have caused us some problems but when we won 3-0 in Lisbon in the first leg we had one foot in the next round and we made sure we would qualify with a 2-0 home win, while we won our next 4 league games to close out the year, including a magnificent 3-1 away win at Valencia. With the transfer window open we made a couple of moves, first Leira's 21 year old defender Juan Carlos Puig joined for 375k a player who I earmarked for a big future at the club, and contract rebel Ito was sold to Mexican club Club de Futbol America for 2.5m - not bad for a player with 6 months left on his contract, and he was replaced with Wisla Krakow defensive midfielder Radoslaw Kalzny for the same fee.

    The New Year started well as we beat Athletico Bilbao 4-2 away in the Copa del Rey as we looked to defend our trophy, and an unbelieveable 11-5 aggregate win over Badajoz (4-1 (A), 7-4 (H)) saw us through to the quarter finals where we would face Deportivo. In the league it was a 3 horse race between ourselves, Barcelona and Real Madrid with the three of us constantly grabbing top spot, but come March it was down to two as Real fell away leaving us and Barcelona to fight it out. With just two months of the season left then we had made it through to the UEFA Cup Semi Final after we had beat PSV (5-2 agg) and Legia Warsaw (6-3 agg) and as fate would have it we would face my former club Ankaragucu for a place in the Final, while in the Copa del Rey we beat Deportivo over two legs by 4 goal to 2, and we would face our Semi Final opponents from last year Barcelona. We would be at home in both Semi Final first legs and I was looking for good wins to take into the second legs, I got the wins but not the most commandable of leads as we would head to Turkey with a 3-1 advantage, while the shorter trip to Barcelona would see us take a 3-2 lead. I received a warm welcome on my return to Ankaragucu but that didn't mean I was going to do them any favours, and a fine display saw us triumph 3-0 to make the Final where we would face... Barcelona!

    The Catalans struck a psychological blow to us as they beat us 2-1 in the Copa del Rey with a late goal from Kluivert seeing them through to face Extremadura in the Final on away goals. However, not for the first time this season we didn't let that disappoint us, and when Barcelona drew their games in week 35 and 36 we were 4 pts clear with just two games to go! I was left seething with the Spanish FA when I saw the fixture list though, Barcelona would play in the league on the 16th and 23rd May with our UEFA Cup Final sandwiched in the middle on the 19th May, while us on the otherhand would have the Final on the 19th, Real Madrid at home on the 21st, and then our last game at home to Real Sociedad on the 23rd, unbelievable! Barcelona returned to winning ways with a 5-1 home romp over Villarreal thanks to braces from Kluivert and Messi. To Hampden Park, Glasgow then the scene of the UEFA Cup Final, and what a game of football for the neutral it was! We took the lead on 2 mins through Edwin Congo, but Messi levelled things on 13 before we were hit with a killer blow when keeper Chiotis was sent off for bringing down the Argentinian and he picked himself up to score the resulting penalty. Game over? No chance! Congo got his second of the game, and when Eirik Bakke made it 3-2 minutes later I had to pinch myself! Back game Barcelona, Messi getting his hatrick on 39, and at half time it was 3-3. The second half was nearly as frantic as the first, and we regained the lead on 51 with young Scottish full back Gary McIntyre a 1.4m signing from Fulham at the start of the season finding the net in his home city, what a story for the lad indeed, but unfortunately our ten men couldn't hang on and goals on 74 from Iuliano and a 4th for Messi on 81 gave the Catalans the trophy.

    We had two days to recover for the visit of Real Madrid, and even though Barcelona had beat us in the Copa del Rey and the UEFA Cup we were still in driving seat ahead of them in La Liga. Real Madrid had fallen away from the title race at the start of the year but still had players I could only wish for in the likes of Raul, Zidane, Veron and Ballack, in fact I'd probably take at least half of them to be honest! 48 hours removed from the defeat to Barcelona it was expected we would have to make changes and Veron gave the capital team the lead on 19 mins, and on the brink of half time we were left ruing another red card as right back Dimitri Olesinski was given his marching orders on 44. Things got worse in the second half when Morientes doubled Real's lead early on, but again we showed great character (copyright Brendan Rodgers ) and midfielder Wilson Oruma pulled one back for us. Morientes got his second of the game to make it 3-1 with quarter of an hour to go but again we didn't know when to quit and another from Oruma and then a 90th minute equaliser from substitute Edwin Congo had somehow rescued us a point!

    One game to go and a two point lead we were still favourites for the title, even if the fixtures hadn't fallen kind for us, as once again we would play two days after our previous game and the squad was nearly running on empty. We would face already relegated Real Sociedad at home, Barcelona would be playing 13th placed Valladolid away, a win for us would give us the title, a draw for us and a win for Barcelona would hand them the title on the head-to-head record. We got off to a great start when right winger Martin Posse gave us the lead on the 11th minute and we continued to bang on the door before half time but couldn't find a second as we went into the break, and news from Valladolid showed a late goal from Kluivert had given our rivals the lead. We came out for the second half in a positive manner but were hit by a sickening equaliser from Edgaras Jankauskas, but we all knew of the mental resolve our team had and Posse got his second on 77 minutes, and we had around 15 minutes to hang on to claim the title! We hardly had time to celebrate when a hopeful long ball wasn't dealt with properly, and Oscar De Paula equalised for Real Sociedad and this was one set back too much for us and the game ended 2-2. We would have to hope for a late goal from Valladolid and there was one, but unfortunately it came from Patrick Kluivert, and we had lost the title in the cruelest of fashions in the shape of the head-to-head record






    Edwin Congo had enjoyed another great season scoring 47 goals in 54 games, but this year's star player of the season is Zoltan Vincze who averaged an incredible 8.97 from 33 games with 12 goals and 22 assists from DMC, the only problem is he sometimes struggles to play twice a week despite stamina of 16 and no injury problems according to the physio.




    So yeah, Barcelona are bastards
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    I've turned my Ankaragucu-Betis save into an A-Z theme now, currently at Dusseldorf after finally landing the La Liga title with Betis before a short stay at Crystal Palace saw us win the Championship.

    Will post some pics up of the last few seasons, then will get back to the season-to-season updates.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:


  6. #1705
    Join Date
    02-03-12
    Posts
    4,581
    vCash
    1
    You may also remember I took over Leeds in February 2003, saving them from relegation and finishing 9th. The following season after a mass overhaul we won the League and League Cup, surrendered a 2-0 lead against Arsenal in the FA Cup Final to lose 3-2, and in the same season as mentioned above when Barcelona pipped my Betis to all cups, we were knocked out of the Europa League in the Semi Final stage 6-4 on aggregate.

    After that season it was time to move on, and after Rangers could only finish 5th, Tony Adams was given his marching orders and I was handed the reins. It's been plain sailing so far with 4 consecutive League Titles, 3 League Cups (Runner Up last year), 2 Scottish Cups and a Europa League in my first year in charge.

    The story doesn't end there though as after Danny Porter (who?) was sacked by England after the 2006 World Cup, I was given the job and lead the National Side to glory winning the 2008 European Championships.

    Last edited by AMC; 18-05-17 at 05:48 PM.

  7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:


  8. #1706
    Join Date
    02-03-12
    Posts
    4,581
    vCash
    1
    So another season down and this how we got on.

    Dusseldorf

    I took over the German club in early July and immediately got to work in reshaping the squad for the campaign ahead. No fewer than 16 players joined over the season for a combined 7.5m, and 12 of them arrived before a ball had been kicked, the pick of them being a 36 year old Zinedine Zidane on a free, and a homesick Marco Reus for just 4.8m from Roma, while 14 left the club raising 13m.

    To the season itself and we didn't make the best starts when I foolishly put a weakened side out for the German Cup 1st Round tie away at Non League SF Siegen and after drawing the game 4-4 we went out 4-2 on penalties. Still the league started well with 4 consecutive wins scoring 17 goals in the process but we soon came crashing back to Earth with back-to-back defeats. It would be another 7 games till we would taste defeat again, with us constantly sharing top spot with Leverkusen in the early weeks, but a stumble just before the Winter Break saw us slip to 3rd behind Schalke, and by the start of March we were as low as 5th. Gustavo Lopez joined on a free from my former club Real Betis in January, and after a slow start he soon found his feet as we started to rack up the wins again, and with 6 games to go we were right back in the title hunt, but we fell apart in the final three games, drawing 4-4 twice and losing our last game of the season 2-0 away at Schalke but we managed to keep hold of 2nd place.




    Player of the Season would have to go to Zidane who despite his advancing age managed 14 goals and 14 assists in 30 games.





    Rangers

    I made just the one transfer ahead of the new season, happy with the squad I already had I decided to bring in a young midfielder for the future and for a bargain 825k from Manchester United, and I couldn't help think he had a bit of a Paul Gascoigne about him despite him being just 18.




    The season was similar to last year, dominant domestically and going close in Europe. Starting with things at home, the League was won by 16 points from Hearts, with rivals Celtic a distant 25 points behind, although it did actually take till gameweek 16 till we took top place. As I had been doing the last couple of seasons I decided to field a second string/youth side in both cups but unfortunately they weren't quite good enough this season losing the League Cup Final 4-3 to Kilmarnock, and being edged out in a tight game 2-1 by Dundee in the Scottish Cup 5th Round (actually the QF) conceding in the last minute.

    Last year in the Champions League we managed to make the Semi Finals before being totally outclassed by Barcelona, losing the first leg at home 7-4 (was 4-1 up ) and then surprisingly winning 2-1 in the Nou Camp to go out 8-6 on aggregate. This season it was more of the same as we overcame FC Copenhagen 8-3 over two legs in the Quarter Finals, before once again we came undone at the last four stage, losing 2-1 (H) and 3-2 (A) to Porto, who would go on to lose the final 3-2 against Ajax in Extra Time.




    Player of the Season can be no other than goal scoring phenomenon Anastasios Skalidis who actually had a quiet season compared to usual, but now has an unbelievable strike rate of 474 goals in just 249(3) games!





    England

    Not much to say with England, we've played 6 World Cup Qualifying games winning 5 and losing 1 (5-0 at home to Ireland!) meaning we are top of our group 5 points clear of Ireland who have a game in hand, and we've also beat Holland 5-3 and Romania 3-0 in friendlies. John Bostock who I had with me at Crystal Palace in the Championship has took to the International scene like a duck to water with 5 goals and 8 assists in his first 6 caps, while Michael Owen now has 59 goals from 89 games.


    Previous Clubs

    Ankaragucu - Won the Turkish League by just one point over Besiktas, although they suffered early exits in the Turkish Cup and Europa League although they did come through the Inter-Toto Cup to make the Europa League.

    Betis - It didn't take long for my title winning squad to be ripped apart as over the past two years Ronaldinho (28m - Arsenal), Neymar (19m - Roma) and Cristiano Ronaldo (29.5m - Arsenal) have all earned big money moves elsewhere, and the club only finished 9th this season, who knows how long the likes of Henry, Leandro Damiano and Zoltan Vincze may stay for. They also had a humiliating exit in the Europa League 2nd Round after a 4-1 loss to Malmo (losing the 2nd leg 3-0 at home), while they were knocked out the Copa del Rey in the 3rd Round to Celta Vigo.

    Crystal Palace - My last club had a fantastic season back in the Premiership finishing 3rd just 10 points behind league winners Leeds Utd and even touched top spot with about 10 games to go, and manager Lawrie Sanchez has also managed to get the best out of Bostock as the midfielder managed 30 assists in 35 games, while another of my Palace stars Derek Howarth also didn't look out of place at the higher level with 17 goals and 24 assists in 43 games.
    Last edited by AMC; 14-06-17 at 07:16 PM.

  9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:


  10. #1707
    Join Date
    03-03-12
    Posts
    2,580
    vCash
    5200
    Totally love it AMC, you can have these globetrotting adventures with 0001 you can't with 0102. Zidane probably my favourite CM3-0102 player. Like you for me I had him at 36 and was Scottish player of the year for first time then sadly retired to my coaching team.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Cam F For This Useful Post:

    AMC

  12. #1708
    Join Date
    20-02-16
    Posts
    237
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    So another season down and this how we got on.

    Dusseldorf

    I took over the German club in early July and immediately got to work in reshaping the squad for the campaign ahead. No fewer than 16 players joined over the season for a combined 7.5m, and 12 of them arrived before a ball had been kicked, the pick of them being a 36 year old Zinedine Zidane on a free, and a homesick Marco Reus for just 4.8m from Roma, while 14 left the club raising 13m.

    To the season itself and we didn't make the best starts when I foolishly put a weakened side out for the German Cup 1st Round tie away at Non League SF Siegen and after drawing the game 4-4 we went out 4-2 on penalties. Still the league started well with 4 consecutive wins scoring 17 goals in the process but we soon came crashing back to Earth with back-to-back defeats. It would be another 7 games till we would taste defeat again, with us constantly sharing top spot with Leverkusen in the early weeks, but a stumble just before the Winter Break saw us slip to 3rd behind Schalke, and by the start of March we were as low as 5th. Gustavo Lopez joined on a free from my former club Real Betis in January, and after a slow start he soon found his feet as we started to rack up the wins again, and with 6 games to go we were right back in the title hunt, but we fell apart in the final three games, drawing 4-4 twice and losing our last game of the season 2-0 away at Schalke but we managed to keep hold of 2nd place.




    Player of the Season would have to go to Zidane who despite his advancing age managed 14 goals and 14 assists in 30 games.





    Rangers

    I made just the one transfer ahead of the new season, happy with the squad I already had I decided to bring in a young midfielder for the future and for a bargain 825k from Manchester United, and I couldn't help think he had a bit of a Paul Gascoigne about him despite him being just 18.




    The season was similar to last year, dominant domestically and going close in Europe. Starting with things at home, the League was won by 16 points from Hearts, with rivals Celtic a distant 25 points behind, although it did actually take till gameweek 16 till we took top place. As I had been doing the last couple of seasons I decided to field a second string/youth side in both cups but unfortunately they weren't quite good enough this season losing the League Cup Final 4-3 to Kilmarnock, and being edged out in a tight game 2-1 by Dundee in the Scottish Cup 5th Round (actually the QF) conceding in the last minute.

    Last year in the Champions League we managed to make the Semi Finals before being totally outclassed by Barcelona, losing the first leg at home 7-4 (was 4-1 up ) and then surprisingly winning 2-1 in the Nou Camp to go out 8-6 on aggregate. This season it was more of the same as we overcame FC Copenhagen 8-3 over two legs in the Quarter Finals, before once again we came undone at the last four stage, losing 2-1 (H) and 3-2 (A) to Porto, who would go on to lose the final 3-2 against Ajax in Extra Time.




    Player of the Season can be no other than goal scoring phenomenon Anastasios Skalidis who actually had a quiet season compared to usual, but now has an unbelievable strike rate of 474 goals in just 249(3) games!





    England

    Not much to say with England, we've played 6 World Cup Qualifying games winning 5 and losing 1 (5-0 at home to Ireland!) meaning we are top of our group 5 points clear of Ireland who have a game in hand, and we've also beat Holland 5-3 and Romania 3-0 in friendlies. John Bostock who I had with me at Crystal Palace in the Championship has took to the International scene like a duck to water with 5 goals and 8 assists in his first 6 caps, while Michael Owen now has 59 goals from 89 games.


    Previous Clubs

    Ankaragucu - Won the Turkish League by just one point over Besiktas, although they suffered early exits in the Turkish Cup and Europa League although they did come through the Inter-Toto Cup to make the Europa League.

    Betis - It didn't take long for my title winning squad to be ripped apart as over the past two years Ronaldinho (28m - Arsenal), Neymar (19m - Roma) and Cristiano Ronaldo (29.5m - Arsenal) have all earned big money moves elsewhere, and the club only finished 9th this season, who knows how long the likes of Henry, Leandro Damiano and Zoltan Vincze may stay for. They also had a humiliating exit in the Europa League 2nd Round after a 4-1 loss to Malmo (losing the 2nd leg 3-0 at home), while they were knocked out the Copa del Rey in the 3rd Round to Celta Vigo.

    Crystal Palace - My last club had a fantastic season back in the Premiership finishing 3rd just 10 points behind league winners Leeds Utd and even touched top spot with about 10 games to go, and manager Lawrie Sanchez has also managed to get the best out of Bostock as the midfielder managed 30 assists in 35 games, while another of my Palace stars Derek Howarth also didn't look out of place at the higher level with 17 goals and 24 assists in 43 games.
    Great read this mate :-)

    How did you manage to get all the real competition names and coloured attributes and things for 00/01 please?

    Thanks mate

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Tierney-LFC-1990 For This Useful Post:

    AMC

  14. #1709
    Join Date
    08-08-14
    Location
    Istanbul / Turkey
    Posts
    74
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Cam F View Post
    Have to admit I have started a new DB, after much debate settled on 0304, the last official CM DB. That way I have all the stats from CM0304 editor. It will take some time but fun.

    So I have my favourite - 9394 season, CM3 98999 & my original DB with legends.







    Can you share a link?

  15. #1710
    Join Date
    03-03-12
    Posts
    2,580
    vCash
    5200
    I stopped doing that update (for now) as prefer 9394.

  16. #1711
    Join Date
    02-03-12
    Posts
    4,581
    vCash
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierney-LFC-1990 View Post
    Great read this mate :-)

    How did you manage to get all the real competition names and coloured attributes and things for 00/01 please?

    Thanks mate
    Cheers mate, it's one of Cam's updates, he should be able to post a link to it, not sure if there's any valid links still on here.

  17. #1712
    Join Date
    20-02-16
    Posts
    237
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Cheers mate, it's one of Cam's updates, he should be able to post a link to it, not sure if there's any valid links still on here.
    Thanks mate

  18. #1713
    Join Date
    31-07-15
    Location
    Nijmegen, Netherlands
    Posts
    344
    vCash
    10500
    Maybe it wasn't the best of decisions to start a brand new save?


  19. #1714
    Join Date
    31-07-15
    Location
    Nijmegen, Netherlands
    Posts
    344
    vCash
    10500
    Classic ODB 3.81 approach then, starting in the English Conference. For it's a simulation game, I chose the American nationality - and now I get to see all kinds of updates about (continental) cups from North America that I've never heard of before. I specifically checked which club has the smallest stadium capacity and the 'winner' of this contest turns out to be Forest Green (Rovers), with 332 seats and a total of 3,132 places in the stands.

    Hardly any money to spend and of course not the best team selection of the league, let alone the country. I still can't let go the 4-1-3-2 formation I'm so used to, but I did field men that were less than hundred percent fit. In fact, I had so much doubts about the quality of the backup players that sometimes starters' fitness was only about sixty(!) percent... No problem for my 42-year old goalie, but the 41-year old player/coach at centre back, who was also my captain, had a hard time with us!

    Exits in the Third Round of the Conference Cup, the Qualifying Round of the FA Cup and again the Third Round of the FA Trophy kept us at some distance from those pieces of silverware. The league brought us the title of most conceded goals, as well as five players - including our keeper - in the Conference Team of the Year. Because we also scored the most goals of the league, we did well to please the chairman, who asked for a respectable final position.

    Spoiler!

    So we came mighty close to that most-desired spot in this competition. In the upcoming season I hope to rotate some more, for example with the new players that came in. A lot of retirements on the other hand, so it'll be exciting to see. On a side note, I still can't believe Manchester United relegated from the Premier Division with that set of players and especially that manager...

  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vrkh For This Useful Post:


  21. #1715
    Join Date
    31-07-15
    Location
    Nijmegen, Netherlands
    Posts
    344
    vCash
    10500
    Despite the recent investments, an away game against a team two tiers above us in the First Round of the FA Cup wasn't meant to be. In the Second Round of the Conference Cup it were Rushden & Diamonds who proved too strong for us and in the First Round of the Autoglass Trophy South we missed all of our first four penalties in the shoot-out, to make it two exits against the team that also made life hard for us in the league. The closest we came in terms of cup success was losing the Final of the FA Trophy.

    It wasn't that hard to reach top spot of the Conference. We even managed to stay there almost the entire time. Come the end of the season, we became a wee bit nervous, I think. Even then we were handed multiple opportunities to exit this competition - on the good side of the table that is. In the end, we picked up a total of seven points more than last year and had more control of the goals scored against us.

    Spoiler!

    During the summer my best player (valued at 55,000) was sold for a whopping 1,000,000 and that gave me the chance to finally explore the transfer market some more. Will it be third time's a charm when it comes to winning the Conference and gaining promotion to the Third Division? Let's give it a go then!

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to Vrkh For This Useful Post:

    AMC

  23. #1716
    Join Date
    02-03-12
    Posts
    4,581
    vCash
    1
    That 1m should help, how much you been given to spend of it?

    What's the long term plan for the save, take FGR right up to Premiership and Champions League or move about a bit?

  24. #1717
    Join Date
    31-07-15
    Location
    Nijmegen, Netherlands
    Posts
    344
    vCash
    10500
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    That 1m should help, how much you been given to spend of it?

    What's the long term plan for the save, take FGR right up to Premiership and Champions League or move about a bit?
    The full amount was there to buy new players. I didn't do that, because I like to stay in the green as well.

    First of all I'm hoping this one doesn't collapse anytime soon... Furthermore I'd like to guide these Rovers as far as possible.

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to Vrkh For This Useful Post:

    AMC

  26. #1718
    Join Date
    03-03-12
    Posts
    2,580
    vCash
    5200
    Get in, that's a demolition derby!!!


  27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cam F For This Useful Post:


  28. #1719
    Join Date
    29-06-17
    Posts
    1
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Cam F View Post
    Get in, that's a demolition derby!!!

    Holy Macaroni

    Nice one! Which tactic have you used here?

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to DeltaBlue For This Useful Post:


  30. #1720
    Join Date
    08-08-14
    Location
    Istanbul / Turkey
    Posts
    74
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Cam F View Post
    Get in, that's a demolition derby!!!

    I guess you used DWS5 A3. That's right?

  31. #1721
    Join Date
    03-03-12
    Posts
    2,580
    vCash
    5200
    Nope DWSv5 for a change, I want to see how many MVB can get for me. My usual games are DWSv5A3

  32. The Following User Says Thank You to Cam F For This Useful Post:


  33. #1722
    Join Date
    31-07-15
    Location
    Nijmegen, Netherlands
    Posts
    344
    vCash
    10500
    Hunting for glory with a transformed squad. Typical for a third season in charge. This time hosting a team from the Second Division in the First Round of the FA Cup and sending them home with 4-0! Winning away at one of our league opponents in the next round and suddenly we were in Round Three. They were in the only Division between the aforementioned two and we had to visit them. An injury-time winner saw us going out of this tournament... Another side from Division Two in the First Round of a cup and that's where we left the Autoglass Trophy. A replay in the Fourth Round of the FA Trophy said it all: we weren't able to beat those men. The Conference Cup was our last chance to become cup fighters and we were in the Final as well. Second Leg + goal in added time = no title...

    Last season Brendan Markey (SC) showed his qualities by scoring 23 times in 35 starts. The only problem was that we didn't have any other forward with such a goalscoring record. After many negotiations we finally offered a big enough signing fee to add a new one to our ranks. I think it's fair to say he wasn't a disappointment by any means. Markey was on the kick-off 37 times and found the net on 22 occasions during those matches. His (ideal) partner - by the name of Leo Fortune-West (SC) - made his appearance in 43 fixtures and scored as many as 34 goals in all competitions. He almost doubled his career tally in one year at Forest Green!

    Staying undefeated in the first sixteen(!) Conference games gave us a comfortable gap at the top, but after that first loss we were only one point in front of the second spot. I was amazed by that kind of resistance and not much later we were chasing instead of being chased... Eight games to go and we had already won more games and points than last season. After the final day we finished fourteen(!) points above last year and only then the champion could be crowned. What's needed to go to the Third Division differs per year, I guess...

    Spoiler!

    Before the end of the season I sold one of my defenders - with a clause of 250,000 - for 750,000 and after the last game the successor of the one-million man left for 1,000,000 as well. That was welcome money, because to enter the higher tier our stadium was urged to expand. The Lawn can now host a total of 6,000 fans. Too bad our trainig facilities are decreasing and there wasn't enough cash to tackle those problems as well. Just a relegation battle for us, then?

  34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Vrkh For This Useful Post:


  35. #1723
    Join Date
    31-07-15
    Location
    Nijmegen, Netherlands
    Posts
    344
    vCash
    10500
    My debut in the League Cup (First Round) was away at Darlington, like us from the fourth tier of English football. In what would be his only action of the season, Duane Darby (SC) scored a brace to gave us the lead and a marginal win. Due to my lack of concentration I hadn't noticed this was the First Leg, so I was genuinely surprised when we had to face them at home as well. Twenty minutes later Samuel Koejoe (SC) and Tim Graham (AM/FR) made our position all the more comfortable at the interval. I can't explain, however, why we were forced to go into two times fifteen minutes of extra time, in which nothing happened. And so we went out on away goals after all (agg 4-4)...

    At the Lawn we received another team from our division to compete for a place in the Second Round of the FA Cup. Against Hull we came back from behind two times thanks to Markey (SC) and afer that two more goals were scored: 2-4... Two first-round exits from the major cups brought us to Southend (Conference) to play in the First Round of the Autoglass Trophy. Just when the second half got underway it was Markey again who scored our only goal and that of the match: 0-1! In the next round Swansea (Third Division) came to visit us and this time it was Fortune-West (SC) that got us in front early in the second half. Ten minutes later the match was back level and a rather late goal saw us out of this one as well: 1-2...

    It was a good thing we weren't in the Conference anymore this year, because the champions of the current edition broke the record of total points won: 95! They took the only available spot in Division Three, just the way we entered at the beginning of 2003/2004. We were expected by the board to avoid a quick return to that lowest English league of 'professional' football by finishing above that 24th place. At the other end of the table there was room for four teams to go up. One of those had to battle for it with three other sides, adding some playoff ties to the regular list of 46(!) fixtures.

    From day one, we made clear that three years of Conference football were more than enough and we weren't planning on going back there any time soon. Markey showed his consistency by bagging in at least twenty goals for the third year in a row. He even reached that milestone of twenty before Fortune-West did the same and both players ended scoring after reaching that exact tally. I can understand the skepticism caused by our cup runs, but we had a truly outstanding season, believe me! With eight games to spare we earned a playoff place and three games later we were already promoted!!! The remaining five matches began with an unusual series of draws (1-1, 0-0, 0-0 and 0-0) and in the very last one we were down 2-0 after 35 minutes... At the stroke of half-time Fortune-West brought us back in the game. Seven minutes from time Tommy Williams (AM/FC) looked to make it another draw for us, but an injury-time winner by Danny Grieves (DMC) decided otherwise: 2-3!

    Spoiler!

    So, a divisional record of collected points for us and back-to-back league titles combined with promotions! I don't care if sooner or later a relegation battle will be on our hands, as long as we can keep on doing everything to maintain this way of understanding each other:


  36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vrkh For This Useful Post:


  37. #1724
    Join Date
    02-03-12
    Posts
    4,581
    vCash
    1
    Well done on back-to-back titles, Leo Fortune-West is a great signing!

  38. The Following User Says Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:


  39. #1725
    Join Date
    31-07-15
    Location
    Nijmegen, Netherlands
    Posts
    344
    vCash
    10500
    Well, this was a very odd day in September!






Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •