Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Game Speed Queries

vCash

Game Speed Queries

Hi there.

Never seen this error before. Been playing some games for 130+ years in my laptop running windows XP.

In my desktop, running Windows 7 x64, randomly the game freezes during a match. But is not a normal freeze. Usually after someone in my team got a red card, or an injury appear, I press the button "Resume Match" and nothing happens. The button changes to "pause match" but the game don't continue. I can do all other stuff like click on a player to see his stats, see clubs, competitions and so, but the match just DON'T continue.

And this is totally random. I thought this could happen if I go on a lot of years in a game, but I just started a new one and within 7 months this happened. Also, I can go like 10 years without anything happening then, out of blue, a game freezes this way.

Any thoughts, guys?

I'm using the ODB, with Tapani Patch (for colored atributes) and the FLEX editor for fast games. It's running on windows 98/ME compatibility.

vCash
    Hmmm, the problem lies with Flex Editor, I take it you set it to max? Like the older Tapani patches, max causes the game to randomly freeze. x200 is the fastest and the best solution.

You could do a reinstall (or add a second database) but back up the save (and images, tactics etc) and then move the save back. It 'should' run fine

vCash
    Thanks, Dermotron! So far, so good here.

vCash
    Great that the save worked fine, wasnt 100% on that

Jesus is offline Official Challenge Team
    Social Media Team
    vCash
    With the tapani patch you can force days to continue within the game by pressing the 'PgDn' button. Perhaps that will help skip the freeze?

16manu Unattached

Game Speed?

I am pretty sure when I had the full game, the 'VERY FAST' game mode was, as it said, very fast. But Ive found since downloading the very fast game speed is a bit sluggish? I could be wrong and maybe its just the long time since playing the game but is there any way of speeding it up even more?

Thanks in advance.

vCash
    Download Flex
    Install Java (dont if it is already)
    Unpack the zip file
    Run Go.bat
    Scroll down to Speed Adjuster
    Select your speed (dont select max as your game will be prone to freezing)
    Save and load new game

vCash
    Unless also you were using a Tapani Patch. Install one of these alongside your data update and you can also increase the game speed

16manu Unattached
    I'm having trouble finding my Java file, I'm trying the Flex route first if I keep failing then I'll install a Tapani patch! Thanks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fodster View Post
    Unless also you were using a Tapani Patch. Install one of these alongside your data update and you can also increase the game speed

Stay away from the 3.12 patch though as it requires a Tapanified database (long story ) 2.16 patch would be my advice, coloured atts and increased speed and little else, simple yet effective :tup: Don't change start date to 2012 though

16manu Unattached
    Ended up working out how to do it the Flex way. If you're actually having trouble finding where the Java file is, "Troubleshoot compatibility" and browsing for it through there will direct you to it. Then you can copy and paste into the Go.bat file. Thanks - works a charm

vCash

speeding up cm 00/01

does anybody know how to speed up the commentary on this game , i used the same method that i use for 01/02 but the game jsut crashes when loading

louay Unattached

Commentary Speed Queries

Hi
    I am an old CM player but only last week got to try the updated 2012 version
    My problem is that the commentary speed is playing too fast no matter what i choose and it's impossible to watch the game and interfere -make subs, change stragedy etc.
    Any ideas?

vCash
    You have the game speed set to 200x on the patch most likely.

louay Unattached
    I haven't done any settings on my own
    I just used the tapani patch and the september 2012 update

How do I change thisq

vCash
    open the patch

louay Unattached
    Please be a little more spesific
    I would be gratefull

louay Unattached
    Ok i figure it out
    Thanks a lot Coys

vCash
    I dont really know how much more specific i could be mate, once you open the patch the settings are there for you to see

adambrown Unattached

Commentary speed

Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum, and have recently downloaded the latest patch. Just wondering - is there a way I can speed up the commentary? I'd like it to go quicker when it's on the 'very fast' setting. Is it possible?

Cheers!

vCash

adambrown Unattached
    Brilliant! Thanks for that

vCash

Game is too fast during a match

Hi guys,

This is a strange complaint, as the game seems to be operating too well....

I hadnt played in a couple years, I re-installed the game today (still have my original disc copy) and downloaded the 3.9.68 patch, the autumn data update and the tapani 2.19 patch.

Everything seems to be working fine, but when I play a match, the game operates at hyper-speed, with each half lasting roughly 2 seconds. I have no idea what's causing it but it's quite annoying as I like to watch the games on a slower speed and take in whats happening, rather than everything happening at once. Its as though I have the setting on very fast x20. Anyone got any idea what could be causing this?

vCash
    Uninstall the Tapani patch. You can then reinstall it at normal speed. Just double click on the 2.19 patch and select uninstall, then run it again. Or just uninstall and not re-apply

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

vCash
    thanks a mill, sorted now

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast