Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cycling

vCash

Cycling

It's that time of year again where a couple of us will watch some, if not all of the tour de france. So come on Ste can Wiggins really win it? Or will Evans storm to another victory? Also as i've not really read who's in it this year is Contador and the Luxemboury brothers in it? Are they in form?

vCash
    when does it start? tomorrow?

i will watch it again, watch every year.

vCash
    Yeah starts tomorrow Paddy, had the opening thingy tonight, teams presented in the morning then a nice time trial to start the afternoon

vCash
    just a pro log tomorrow, the real stuff starts on sunday,
    Wiggins should win
    This is how is how it feels to be Celtic,
    Champions again as you'll know,
    Brendan Rodgers here for 10 in a row
    10 in a row

vCash
    the best schleck is out of the race,
    contador is not in it. [cheating little fucker]
    This is how is how it feels to be Celtic,
    Champions again as you'll know,
    Brendan Rodgers here for 10 in a row
    10 in a row

vCash
    who is out? andy or frank? i like andy. hope he wins it.

vCash
    Cheers Beez shows how clued up I am, just saw it was live cycling on Eurosport so assumed it started tomorrow Schlecks that's the badgers! Major hope for Wiggins to win here isn't it? Bet the rest of the bunch think he'll be nowhere near

vCash
    Wiggins is favourite with the bookies, 6/5 fav with Evans 2nd fav at around 5/2. Quite a gap to the rest I think then, around 16-1 bar

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    It's that time of year again where a couple of us will watch some, if not all of the tour de france. So come on Ste can Wiggins really win it? Or will Evans storm to another victory? Also as i've not really read who's in it this year is Contador and the Luxemboury brothers in it? Are they in form?
    Cadel was lucky last year imho, he never really went for it at any stage, just kept plugging away......... surely this year he'll find one or two better Wiggins has a big chance

Quote Originally Posted by Patinoz View Post
    who is out? andy or frank? i like andy. hope he wins it.
    Must be Andy or he would be near the top of the betting :tup:

vCash
    Wiggins mainly favourite because of the amount of Time Trail km's in this years race. He isn't a super climber to the likes of Evans, Menchov, Nibali. I do think he will win it as he is in form and looks strong. He also has a strong team around him. Peter Sagan should win the sprinter green jersey as Cavendish won't finish the race this year. 22 years old and already a super rider.

I can't stand the Schleck brothers. Stroppy little kids most of the time. If they don't get their own way they do off and start a new team. They dont get along with their team manager and are now looking to set a new team again with a German sponsor. So im glad Andy Schleck isn't racing this year and I don't think Frank Schleck will do too well either.

vCash
    First real mass sprint today, should be a great finish. Cavendish needs to win this really but Kittel and Greipel should make it a good battle. Maybe Sagan can join them. Some outsiders for a top 3 finish imo; Goss, Farrar, Renshaw, Freire and dutch glory boy van Hummel.

vCash
    Cavendish just scraped home his 21st stage win, amazing stuff!

vCash
    It was crazy, he was all alone and around the 30th position with 1km to go, cant believe he did it(even tho I predicted it). I had 6 of my 9 riders in the top 10, too bad Kittel got stomach issues.

Today is gonna be fireworks; too tough for real sprinters like Cav today, so obvious favourite will be Sagan. Chavanel and Gilbert should be up there. Valverde and D. Martin have been looking strong, so I expect them to battle for top 5. Other outsiders; the dutch duo Mollema and Gesink, Hesjedal and Kiserlovski. That`s my team for today.

vCash
    Team Sky or UK Postal as they are now dubbed are fighting off doping accusations, mainly Bradley Wiggins and Chris Froome at the centre of the accusations at the moment. This has come to light by the way they have risen from mediocre climbers to riding top GC contenders of their wheel. Also the fact that Wiggins is the first person to win Paris- Nice- Tour of Romandy and Criterium Du Dauphine in the same season, if he adds the Tour he will be the first to win all 4 in a year.

vCash
    This sport has been discredited so many times and yet people still follow it. Amazing.

vCash
    Everyone uses, it just a case of not getting caught.

vCash
    Innocent until proven guilty? You work your arse off to get to the top and then people instantly accuse you of cheating, roger federer must be juiced up to the hilt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goofy View Post
    Innocent until proven guilty? You work your arse off to get to the top and then people instantly accuse you of cheating, roger federer must be juiced up to the hilt
    It's not like that at all. So many people in cycling have been proven guilty, some of them champions cheating their way to victory. It's happened far too many times to still take cycling seriously.

vCash
    I still enjoy it as much as I have allways enjoyed it. If everyone uses it`s all even again.

My god Wiggins and Froome cleaned up yesterday, even Cancellara looked amateurish. Evans will need to attack now, great developments.

vCash
    French team Cofidis hotel room has been raided during the rest day today. Remy Di Gregorio arrested for alleged doping. Also rumours Astana team hotel room has been raided too.

vCash
    It always sad to hear those kind of news. I'm affraid this sport is terminaly tainted. Some years ago i used to watch the Tour quite often but all those doping scandals made me lose all the interest. Today the only connection i have to this sport is mainly this thread. Sad, very sad...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ste117 View Post
    Team Sky or UK Postal as they are now dubbed are fighting off doping accusations, mainly Bradley Wiggins and Chris Froome at the centre of the accusations at the moment. This has come to light by the way they have risen from mediocre climbers to riding top GC contenders of their wheel. Also the fact that Wiggins is the first person to win Paris- Nice- Tour of Romandy and Criterium Du Dauphine in the same season, if he adds the Tour he will be the first to win all 4 in a year.
    Remind me where Wiggins finished in the general classification in Le Tour 2009? Meteoric rise right enough........ 4th to 1st in 3 years, totally unheard of

Sure there's a lot of doping going on in cycling, always has been....... i just think this talk of Wiggins 'all of a sudden appearing from nowhere' is bullshit! Maybe he is doped up, maybe not, hasn't failed a test yet though has he?

vCash
    I don't see it as sad, as see it as an achievement and great work to catch the dopers, yes unfortunate there are many of them, I put it down to the competitive nature in the sport, so many talented riders fighting for limited places inside the peleton. This is their job, they need to live of the money they earn. But doping isn't the way but when under pressure to perform many turn to it.

It would be so easy for Cycling to sit back and let them get away with it, like they do in other sports, but they take a stance against it, Cycling is alot cleaner than a few years ago and getting cleaner as the UCI and WADA continue to catch these idiotic dopers.

vCash
    A stage today that will show us a battle; Sky vs attackers, aka control vs mayhem. no matter who wins it will be great to watch.

vCash
    Sabotage on the Tour today going over the final category 1 climb. Tacs/nails were lay 200m from the top between the 15min gap of the break and peleton. this forced most of the remaining riders in the peleton to puncture, including Cadel Evans 3 times and Bradley Wiggins once. This also caused the crash of Robert Kiserlovski who had to abandon after he broke his collarbone. Roughly upto 30 tacs/nails were lay down. Police are investigating the incident and how it could of happened with so many fans about and barriers placed at the top.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast