Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: Insert CD / No Disc Queries

vCash
    Hi all,

i've a problem.. i've a pc from work, i'm not the administrator and i've not cd/dvd... what can i do to play cm without cd?
    i' don't see anyone with the same problem here...

thanks in advance
    Marco

vCash

vCash
    Red i'm not the administrator of the machine... i can't' use clone pc or similiar
    i need to boot it from usb or to jump in the game directly
    Last edited by clipeus; 08-08-17 at 02:37 PM.

vCash
    purchase the game then?

Although I'm not sure if that will help as I think you do have to run certain things by admin on the game otherwise it may error etc

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash

No CD Error When Overwriting CM0102

I would like to use Saturn's Competition Renaming patch but when I try to use his modified .exe file I keep getting the 'No CD Found' error - I only have a mounted version of the game installed, do I need to actually burn a copy to disk in order to get round this?

vCash

Errors - Insert CD and Hall of Fame popup.

Hello! This is my first posting - apologies if these errors were noticed by other people and resolved. I have done a quick search but I can't find any responses to these particular problems.

OK, so I downloaded the CM0102 ISO, mounted it and installed it on the C: drive. So far so good. When I load the game it gets to the new game and I can't load any of the leagues because it's asking me to insert the CD, which I don't have.

So I install the patches for v3.9.65 and v3.9.68 and I get a pop up when the game first loads telling me there's an error with the Hall of Fame? Then it still asks for the CD when I start a new game.

What am I doing wrong?

I've tried burning the ISO to a CD, installing it from that and now it's telling me I don't have enough memory to run the game!

It's very frustrating. I now have games from all eras of Championship Manager except for 4. '93 (also with '94 update), CM2, CM97-98, CM01-02. Desperate for this version to work.

Thanks for your help in advance.

vCash
    Sometimes the program you use for mounting the ISO ejects the ISO on its own so you don't have it mounted when loading the game. Have you checked before starting the game if the ISO is still mounted? If not, mount the ISO and retry loading the game.

vCash
    I solved my issue by opening the CM Editor and loading what I thought was the original database but actually turns out to be the update, once the database is saved then the competition renaming exe works fine....for whatever reason

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213