Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: Insert CD / No Disc Queries

vCash
    Hi all,

i've a problem.. i've a pc from work, i'm not the administrator and i've not cd/dvd... what can i do to play cm without cd?
    i' don't see anyone with the same problem here...

thanks in advance
    Marco

vCash

vCash
    Red i'm not the administrator of the machine... i can't' use clone pc or similiar
    i need to boot it from usb or to jump in the game directly
    Last edited by clipeus; 08-08-17 at 02:37 PM.

vCash
    purchase the game then?

Although I'm not sure if that will help as I think you do have to run certain things by admin on the game otherwise it may error etc

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash

No CD Error When Overwriting CM0102

I would like to use Saturn's Competition Renaming patch but when I try to use his modified .exe file I keep getting the 'No CD Found' error - I only have a mounted version of the game installed, do I need to actually burn a copy to disk in order to get round this?

vCash

Errors - Insert CD and Hall of Fame popup.

Hello! This is my first posting - apologies if these errors were noticed by other people and resolved. I have done a quick search but I can't find any responses to these particular problems.

OK, so I downloaded the CM0102 ISO, mounted it and installed it on the C: drive. So far so good. When I load the game it gets to the new game and I can't load any of the leagues because it's asking me to insert the CD, which I don't have.

So I install the patches for v3.9.65 and v3.9.68 and I get a pop up when the game first loads telling me there's an error with the Hall of Fame? Then it still asks for the CD when I start a new game.

What am I doing wrong?

I've tried burning the ISO to a CD, installing it from that and now it's telling me I don't have enough memory to run the game!

It's very frustrating. I now have games from all eras of Championship Manager except for 4. '93 (also with '94 update), CM2, CM97-98, CM01-02. Desperate for this version to work.

Thanks for your help in advance.

GFRay is online now Member of the Month
    Tactics Mod
    UML Mod
    VIP
    vCash
    Sometimes the program you use for mounting the ISO ejects the ISO on its own so you don't have it mounted when loading the game. Have you checked before starting the game if the ISO is still mounted? If not, mount the ISO and retry loading the game.

vCash
    I solved my issue by opening the CM Editor and loading what I thought was the original database but actually turns out to be the update, once the database is saved then the competition renaming exe works fine....for whatever reason

vCash
    Hi just hoping someone might be able to give me some advice,
    yesterday i downloaded the 2001/02 game and also did the virtual clone drive.
    i got everything set up even went into the editor to add my own non league team and played one full season and then saved the game.
    today i have tried to play another season but it keeps asking me for the disc, its really odd that yesterday i could play without the disc but today no luck.
    any advice would be appreciated.
    thanks

GFRay is online now Member of the Month
    Tactics Mod
    UML Mod
    VIP
    vCash
    Check your virtual clone drive if the ISO file is still loaded. Some programs tend to 'clear' when you reboot your pc. Just mount it up again and you can play.

vCash
    Legend thats worked a treat thanks for that

13. The Following User Says Thank You to DomPiero9 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Gents, I play CM on several different Computers / Laptops. I have the CD in my Laptop and Computer at Home, but my work Laptop has no CD Drive. It is also locked out from downloading and installing ANYTHING without our Computer Team authorisation (trust me this game would not get authorised). So I have a 'No CD' WinZip of the game. My issue is, I would like to play with the patches (Saturn) on this, but I cant get the 'No CD' version patched to the official V3.9.68, as it cannot find the install. Does anybody have any clue how I can get this version patched?

I cant download and run a 'mount' (unless you can run these from a USB Harddrive).

vCash

CM01/02 Asking for CD

Evening all. installed the game last night with all patches and updates. Was playing an hour ago fine then my battery fell out and restarted my laptop. Now the game is asking for a disc.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

vCash
    Re-mount the .iso file.
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213