Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Insert CD / No Disc Queries

vCash

Cannot Extract data1.cab

Hi everyone, I'm a bit new to this, so I apologise in advance for being a noob!

After downloading the game, I tried to extract all the files to write them onto a disc.

However, I was unable to extract one file: 'data1.cab', which is the largest of all the files. I've tried using both WinZip and WinRAR, but neither can extract this one file. Has anyone got any advice or have suffered the same problem? Thanks!

vCash
    Why write them onto a disk? you would be as well writing the update files onto a disk but not the whole game.

vCash
    You are trying to extract the files you have already burned to a disc I think. That file is only created when you have burned the cm0102.iso to a disc. There is no need to extract this. Or you are trying to extract them from the .iso maybe.

Download some software like Ashampoo and then burn it to a disc.

But there are easier ways. Download Virtual Clone, install, then right click on cm0102.iso and select open with Virtual Clone. It should 1st install the game and allow to run it.

vCash
    Thanks guys, I was trying to extract files that were already on the disk! I've done it from a different folder and it's working now. Thanks!

vCash

Cannot Load Leagues

I'm pretty new to this, but I've dowloaded the game, with the latest patch and latest league update, which I've burned onto a disc. However, when I try to start a new game and select a leagues, it says that there are no leagues and that I need to insert the actual 'Championship Manager 01/02' disc, which I do not own.

Any help on how to get past this? Thanks!

vCash
    Last line this post in the other thread your started - http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showth...5806#post95806

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

316'sRegen Unattached
    sticky?

vCash

Where to find editor and data when using clone drive

Hi all

I have downloaded the game off the champ man website and am running it on a virtual clone. Problem I have is that I can't find the editor or data folder so I can edit the game and add formations and patches etc to the data

Any clue where it is??

Thanks in advance

vCash
    C:\Program Files\Championship Manager 01-02

If you have just downloaded the cm0102.iso and virtual clone, you still need to install the game first

vCash
    Ahh thanks a lot, my bad. Cheers mate

vCash

Insert CD prompt when attempting to restore game via virtual drive

Hi all,

I've downloaded the original version from this website, and have managed to get it up and running after a bit of trial and error in downloading a virtual drive. However, when attempting to load the game I've created, I'm prompted by the following message to; 'Please insert the CM01/02 and click on OK'...which I would love to do, if I had the disc.

I've searched for a similar topic, but couldn't find anything...so, any ideas?

Thanks all.

vCash
    Mount the cm0102.iso in the virtual drive

Computer > g:cm0102, right click and mount it in the drive.

Might be slighlty different depending on software

vCash
    Hi Dermotron, thanks for the reply...I have to say, I mounted it like a jockey mounts his steed, and I've managed to start a new game...the problem now lies with loading the game that I've started.

vCash
    Hi again,

No luck with getting the game to load.

And to be more specific, I'm on windows 7 home premium, i've managed to download and start up a new game of champ manager with no issues, I spent a couple of hours buying a few players before saving, and it's saved where it should have saved (C:>Program files>ChampMan01/02), but when I attempt to load the game it prompts me to insert the CM01/02 CD...which I don't have.

Any ideas?

vCash
    What virtual drive software did you use? Run that and find the cm0102.iso. Use the mount option and then assign cm0102.iso to a drive i.e. select a letter like G, H or whatever.

Then go to my computer and find the new drive. Right click and go to the software you've installed and select the location the iso is stored. Then run the game again

The software I use is Virtual CD

There's also this video tutorial http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showth...2-without-disc

charliebhoy67 Unattached

strange

Hav the game and power iso,can mount and play......turn laptop off then when back on i have to remount and it instals the game again...can continue save games but can only use ODB otherwise id have to update every time i turn laptop on.......any ideas?

vCash
    It shouldnt reinstall the game, make sure you click on the CM0102 ISO, should look like the below. Right click remount.

316'sRegen Unattached
    should give you a screen asking what you want to do (autoplay options)

if you have previously ticked "always do this action" when you have chosen run AUTOPLAY.EXE or whatever it's called that will be why it does that

vCash

Please insert disc!

Hello,

First of all i'd like to see thanks for this website, I only just discovered it today. CM 01/02 is just the ultimate game IMO!...Grew up with it!

However I installed everything! (despite being a computer klutz) including the Autumn 2013 patch and was ready to go but when I pressed start new game and chose the English League it said 'please insert disc'.....I have been trying to install this game all afternoon, and it would be great if anyone has the solution. Ive looked on the FAQ's but nothing is there about this topic (although it was extremely helpful for other problems ive had)

Cheers
    Will

vCash
    Text tutorial - http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=300

Video tutorial - http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=630

Either or should do the job

EDIT:

Even though you have managed to install it so I would imagine it's a straight forward as needing to mount the cm0102.iso. Whatever software you installed (VirtualClone, MagicISO etc) will give you the option to 'Mount Disc' or similar. Find cm0102.iso and load it from there, then the game should load.

vCash
    Thanks mate. I probably sound a bit stupid there haha!

I have unfortunately encountered another problem. First of all when I press start new game an error message saying v3.9.60 index..cpp5773 comes up?

And then after I choose English league, it loads til the player histories part and then freezes and eventually closes it self saying cm0102.exe has encountered problems

Thanks for any help!

vCash
    You need to install the 3.9.68 patch and then the Autumn 2013 Data files. The installation guide should be stickied in Technical Support

vCash

no cd

i recently downloaded the game, i havent got a disc so i extracted it all but it wont let me play without the disc can anyone help me with what to do please???

vCash
    Download Daemon Tools and mount iso there .

vCash
    Or burn the Iso to a cd

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast