Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Unofficial Data Updates

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Offside Trap View Post
    This gets funnier by the post - so calling me an arrogant asshole makes you feel good huh? or makes you look good to the others in your class. FYI Patinoz is part of the update team - so what? so what? fact remains, this is still an unofficial data update forum, so clearly its going to be customiosed updates, weather I mentioned the original source or not. My gripe was that of Patinoz's statement of whinging that people wont wait for the offical update. Now it makes more sense knowing hes part of the update team. So I really dont know what all of yours problem is.. fact remains, its an 'unofficial date' which means..... UNOFFICIAL i can only assume Patinoz has an ego problem if hes on here stating people should wait and not download chinese knock off versions,
    gtfo

vCash
    Clearly you all wanna back your friends up which is admirable, fact remains, Im right, and most of you know that, but wont admit it.
    Fact that Im now called an 'Ass' proves that, and 'gtfo' dear oh dear

vCash
    Clearly you all wanna back your friends up which is admirable, fact remains, Im right, and most of you know that, but wont admit it.
    Fact that Im now called an 'Ass' proves that, and 'gtfo' dear oh dear
    Fact is you know we are right. Fact is your rant was OTT and you got told so by members who have been here a long long time (seeing as this forum has been reset at least 3 times that I remember).

And here you are mr 24 post wonder giving it large thinking yr right, everyone else is wrong. We are just "backing up our friends"... etc etc

Fact is that anyone that wants to take a pop at a respected forum member will get it large from a few of us on here that simply wont stand back and allow it to happen. And you over stepped that line. So did your ripoff update.

vCash
    Backing up my friends you say?

As you wouldn't know since you are barely ever here, me and pat don't actually get along a lot of the time, but that doesn't mean i don't respect the massive amount of work and effort he puts into this site. So no, sorry, i'm not going to let you sit there telling everybody what this site is for and how it works when you quite simply don't have a fucking clue.

Go and get some respect.

vCash
    awesome

a.) I am not sure you are one determining what this forum is about. Mark and Welsh do since they are the ones who built it / finance it.

b.) there are about 20 members in the update team right now. some scout, some update, all contribute something towards the goal of "keeping the game alive". what pisses me off is guys spending hours / days / weeks / months updating the game. guys most people wouldn't have heard of since they ain't active in any other subforums. you seem to think changing 3 transfers qualifies as updating. we are not spending months updating for guys to sell it on ebay or for guys like you to re-release an update which is to 99% ours. we do it for the thousands members of this site who still love the game and want to play with updated data. if you change anything at home for yourself, go ahead. but don't create a new thread every 2 weeks promoting "your" update. that's a freaking joke

c.) why have you never approached the update team? you seem to be enjoying some scouting and updating, why not make a difference and work in a team to improve our half-yearly update instead of sitting in your dark chamber updating a few transfers just for yourself and then posting up something unofficial. i don't get it. you seem to love the game.

vCash
    Ok, looks like this has gone on long enough......

Well, we agreed behind the scenes to allow these updates to be posted on the forum as a trial run......... we've now decided against carrying on with it as we feel it demeans the work of the official update team and from what i can see personally it is causing nothing but hassle. From now on no current updates will be allowed on the site bar the official updates released by our own Official Update Team plus the historical back-dated databases (if you don't know the difference then feel free to pm me).

This decision has been taken by the Moderator Team and site owner, not by the Update Team themselves. We feel it's in the sites best interests and therefore is non-negotiable.

I'm sure you all understand the update team go to great measures to ensure their work is as accurate as possible and it may be viewed as slightly demeaning towards them if we continue to allow the posting of said 'user updates'. So, from now on, if you wish to share your databases then you may do so here by private message alone....... what you do away from this website is your own business. Any unofficial updates will be removed. Any subsequent "user-updates" will be deleted and you will receive a warning.