Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Screen Resolution Queries

vCash

Screen Resolution Queries

Dear fellow cm lovers,
    I have a very strange problem with my cm0102.exe. If I try to play the game using the latter executable, I have problems with the screens. Let me try to explain: every few clicks within the game (in any part of the game, in other words, even if the game itself is not running, ie still in the game options, load game, new game etc. screen) a portion of the screen does not change! This makes it impossible to play the game with the cm0102.exe executable.
    Fortunatelly, I am able to use and play the game without problems with the cm0102_GDI.exe. However, I am unable to patch the game in any way, and I mean the Tapani patches (ie the 2.19 patch) or the Flex editor.
    So my question is, is it possible to patch/edit the cm0102_GDI.exe executable? Or, better yet, does anyone have a solution to this bizarre problem with reguards to the cm0102.exe executable? Or does anyone else even have this problem?
    I run with Windows Vista 64bit (I am thinking it might be related to it being 64bit :/ )

thanks for the attention!

flamenguista

vCash
    i dont think its related to 64bit and i never heard of that problem.

have you tried completely uninstalling / reinstalling? you can still keep your old saves.

vCash
    Not entirely sure what you mean but couple of things to try if you haven't done

- play in Windowed mode (only really old XP machines can play in fullscreen these days)

- Enable compatibility and Run As Administrator for both cm0102.exe and cm0102_gdi.exe

- try testing disabling User Access Control (google it if unsure)

I'm on Vista 64-bit playing at the minute with no issues so it works for sure

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

vCash
    is this THEE flamengusta???
    This is how is how it feels to be Celtic,
    Champions again as you'll know,
    Brendan Rodgers here for 10 in a row
    10 in a row

vCash
    So does playing full screen on my win 7 set up

vCash
    yes, sir. I've basically tried everything.. any other ideas?

vCash
    Well the fact that you play the game in a vista 64bit machine puzzles me, because its the only thing that I thought was the problem.
    I play in windowed mode, as administrator, and i've recently disabled the UAC to no avail.
    I don't understand why this happens.. maybe it has something to do with my graphics card... its an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 6370

Ive also never heard of my problem hahah. Thus the "bizarre" in the title...
    I wonder if there is a solution..
    thanks anyway!
    any other ideas?

vCash
    hahah I wasn't aware I was famous, but, yes, it is I, the flamenguista!
    hahah made my day..
    how are you BeezerCeltic1967? i shall never abandon this beautiful game with a perfect balance between complexity and simplicity. CM is timeless..
    Unfortunatelly, I've purchased recently a new machine that is yielding these problems.. any ideas?

vCash
    your game has the same issue when you play fullscreen in your windows 7? is that it?
    have you found a solution other than simply running the cm0102_GDI.exe (which is my lifesaver by the way!)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flamenguista View Post
    hahah I wasn't aware I was famous, but, yes, it is I, the flamenguista!
    hahah made my day..
    how are you BeezerCeltic1967? i shall never abandon this beautiful game with a perfect balance between complexity and simplicity. CM is timeless..
    Unfortunatelly, I've purchased recently a new machine that is yielding these problems.. any ideas?
    I am fine mate,
    i remember your name from way back,
    welcome to this site

hope you get sorted
    10 in a row

vCash
    Thanks a lot! it's really great to be back!
    I remeber you as well! I've been happy to find my name was still available!
    I am currently living in Brazil now, in Rio de Janeiro actually, back to my origins..

Thanks! I hope I get sorted, but I am thankful for the cm0102_GDI.exe those guys at SI thought of everything... amazing stuff.

vCash
    im sure you will get it sorted mate,
    the people on here are really good

look forward to seeing some more of your posts
    10 in a row

vCash
    Thanks a lot for your warm welcome!
    Hopefully I will, indeed, be active once again. The flamenguista lives again! hahah

Yeah, I agree the people here are top class, thank God!
    Thanks again!

vCash

is this your problem?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to djole2mcloud For This Useful Post:

vCash
    are you playing with the new tapani interface (1280 x ...)?

vCash
    Welcome back flamenguista!

Like Beezer said before, i also remember you from the old days.
    I'm glad that you're back and i hope you stay as well.

Abraço cara!

vCash
    not exaclty like that, but very similar. my screens seem to have a problem with the refresh rate (that't the impression that I get) I'll try to get a screen of it and put it up for it to be visualized.
    Anyway, were you able to fix that problem?
    Because it happens to me even if I play in windowed mode (which I always do anyway)

vCash
    nope. I am unable to play with the cm0102.exe, therefore, I am unable to patch the game. but i did try patching the game and playing with that mode, to no avail...

vCash
    Valeu meu irmão!

It's very good to be back. as I said, CM is timeless. I don't see myself ever stopping completly to play the game.
    Time nowadays is short (I study Psychology at UFRJ) but weekends are glorious! hahaha

Abração!

vCash
    nope. I am unable to play with the cm0102.exe, therefore, I am unable to patch the game. but i did try patching the game and playing with that mode, to no avail...
    PROBLEM(i think?!):

you did patched your cm0102.exe file,therefore your windowed mode is now 1280*800...that is what Tapani patch does...resizing windowed mode from 800*600 to 1280*800...and this what are u now experiencing is happening when u don't have proper 1280*800 backgrounds in your PICTURES folder...by default in your PICTURES folder durin installation game copies backgrounds for normal non-patched windowed 800*600 mode along with pics.cfg file...the reason why everything is normal when u start a game via cm0102_gdi.exe is that because that file isn't affected with tapani patch and as far as i know this file is same as cm0102.exe file...

SOLUTION(if this is a problem):
    download backgrounds for a new interface...it should be available in download section...remove current backgrounds from your PICTURES folder,and copy newly downloaded backgrounds there along with newly downloaded pics.cfg file...you'll spot a difference between 800*600 and 1280*800 background in file size...normal are just bellow 1MB and new backs are something over 2 MB...

i hope i helped you...

vCash
    Thank you djole2mcloud!
    But, unfortunatelly, this is not the problem. This happens whether or not I patch the game. No matter how I play the game, if I use the cm0102.exe, this problem with the screens happens. It is very strange.. and if I keep clicking, the problem disappears, but sometimes it doesn't. Only a portion of the screen changes, and the other remains static.
    Thus the 'bizarre' on the problem..
    It's almost as if it is a problem with the refresh rate.
    What I don't understand is why, when I play with the cm0102_GDI.exe, this problem doesn't occur..
    Does anyone know what the cm0102_GDI.exe does differently from the cm0102.exe??

thanks again for your attempt! i really appreciate it!

vCash
    I can't provide a solution but perhaps offer some ideas.

I believe GDI = Graphics Device Interface, an alternative to DirectX that games use to interact with graphics card / drivers. You could try (in no particular order):

Run in compatibility mode.
    Windows update.
    Update graphics drivers.
    Google your graphics card to see if other people have had similar problems.
    Check/mess with DirectX settings (Start>Run>dxdiag).
    Check/mess with graphics card settings.
    Reduce screen resolution before running game.
    Test other games, particularly older ones, to see if you get the same problem.

vCash
    Thanks a lot for your ideas, tongo1. Very good ideas actually.
    The info on the GDI is very interesting..

About the ideas, I've tried running in compatibility mode, windows update, updated graphics driver, messing with the DirectX settings and the graphics card settings, and other, older games. I actually don't get any problems with other games.. I really am stumped on this one, and am starting to feel like there is no solution..

What I don't understand is why the GDI.exe can't be patched... The only patches that work on the GDI as well are the official SI games patches.. I wonder what the diference is..

Anyway, thanks a lot for your attention!

vCash
    Thanks a lot for your ideas, tongo1. Very good ideas actually.
    The info on the GDI is very interesting..

About the ideas, I've tried running in compatibility mode, windows update, updated graphics driver, messing with the DirectX settings and the graphics card settings, and other, older games. I actually don't get any problems with other games.. I really am stumped on this one, and am starting to feel like there is no solution..

What I don't understand is why the GDI.exe can't be patched... The only patches that work on the GDI as well are the official SI games patches.. I wonder what the diference is..

Anyway, thanks a lot for your attention!
    pack and upload somewhere your DATA folder together with cm0102.exe and cm0102_gdi.exe...i would like to take a look...

vCash
    What I don't understand is why the GDI.exe can't be patched... The only patches that work on the GDI as well are the official SI games patches.. I wonder what the diference is..!
    cm0102.exe and cm0102_GDI.exe are different sized files with completely different offsets. Original developers would have done 2 separate compilations from source code. All unofficial patches were on cm0102.exe patched to 3.9.68 without access to source code.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast