Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Mental Health

vCash
    Music on iPod/mps3 player is good advice.

vCash
    Been finding it hard past few days which isn't good but I guess that could be a side effect to the meds with them making you feel worse before better an all. I have to attempt to go to work tomorrow which i'm dreading given my mental state but needs must an all so shall see how it goes.

vCash
    What do you do for a living?

vCash
    Surprised your going back to work so soon tbh. The norm seems to be signed off work for a month at a time until you recover, if your not ready you will just make it worse.

I wouldn't go to work tomorrow & get back to the docs.

vCash
    Sorry for changing the subject slightly but though I may as well post in this thread.

Ive been in hospital since early afternoon yesterday, came home from walking the dog and really couldnt draw a breath, most scared ive ever been in my life, really thought I was a goner! Barely managed to phone 999, thankfully the ambulance arrived in less than 10 mins and they quickly got me inhaling a nebulizer, what a relief that was!

Got another nebulizer once we arrived in casualty then shipped off for a chest xray! After that I was sent off to the wards for the night and given steroids and antibiotics. Have had a further 2 nebulizers today and feel a lot better, also been given an inhaler.

So, getting kept in for another night and hopefully allowed out tomorrow!

vCash
    Fucksake, scary stuff. Was it a panic attack? or were you dogging not dog walking and got a bit too excited?

In all seriousness though, sorry to hear that Goofy. Glad i've kicked the cigs but these things can just happen out of nowhere. Hope you feel better soon mate.

vCash
    Wowzer!

They worked out what it was Goof? Asthma? Or something worse?

vCash
    Well, the nurse has just said about me visiting the asthma clinic........ so I guess im asthmatic

vCash
    Wish you the best of luck in your "recovery", Baz.

I've had some problems with eating disorders in the past, where I in the worst of times couldnt stand myself if I ate over 500 calories a day. Also had to run each day to burn the few calories i actually took in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by churky View Post
    What do you do for a living?
    Consumer Law legal advisor

Quote Originally Posted by Cam F View Post
    Surprised your going back to work so soon tbh. The norm seems to be signed off work for a month at a time until you recover, if your not ready you will just make it worse.

Need to go in to see my boss as it is. My GP wouldn't sign me off on the sick last week so the first seven days are self certified, where tomorrow is my 8th day, so have to go in whatever

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy View Post
    Sorry for changing the subject slightly but though I may as well post in this thread.

Ive been in hospital since early afternoon yesterday, came home from walking the dog and really couldnt draw a breath, most scared ive ever been in my life, really thought I was a goner! Barely managed to phone 999, thankfully the ambulance arrived in less than 10 mins and they quickly got me inhaling a nebulizer, what a relief that was!

Got another nebulizer once we arrived in casualty then shipped off for a chest xray! After that I was sent off to the wards for the night and given steroids and antibiotics. Have had a further 2 nebulizers today and feel a lot better, also been given an inhaler.

Nasty Goof! Asthma attacks are real nasty but the inhalers are a godsend. Hope you feel better real soon as it really is a scary thing when it happens first time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post

Nasty Goof! Asthma attacks are real nasty but the inhalers are a godsend. Hope you feel better real soon as it really is a scary thing when it happens first time.
    Yep, nearly shit myself Hope everything goes ok for you tomorrow baz!

vCash
    Been finding it hard past few days which isn't good but I guess that could be a side effect to the meds with them making you feel worse before better an all. I have to attempt to go to work tomorrow which i'm dreading given my mental state but needs must an all so shall see how it goes.

always remember mate, Night is darkest just before the dawn

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goofy View Post

hope you are on the road to recovery not goofz

vCash
    Yeah, feelin better now mate

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cam F View Post

Still in the 'probation period' of a new job so really had little choice. However I wish I didn't go as I had a total meltdown there today, broke down big time in the middle of the office, not good. Also despite the promise of an eased workload, I go back to find head office complaining about my workload

vCash
    Still in the 'probation period' of a new job so really had little choice. However I wish I didn't go as I had a total meltdown there today, broke down big time in the middle of the office, not good. Also despite the promise of an eased workload, I go back to find head office complaining about my workload
    You have plenty choice baz,
    you and your health are more important than your work
    if you don't feel up to it then don't go mate, as said above, it will only make it worse in the long run.
    You have rights mate, they can't just sack you or whatever when you are off work for this.

hows the that little bubba of yours coming along anyway?
    mine is 10 1/2 months now and into fucking everything can't turn your back for 2 seconds or he is picking something up, i caught him with a wooden clothes peg in his mouth today :facepalm: feck knows where he got that

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeezerCeltic1967 View Post
    You have plenty choice baz,
    you and your health are more important than your work
    if you don't feel up to it then don't go mate, as said above, it will only make it worse in the long run.
    You have rights mate, they can't just sack you or whatever when you are off work for this.

hows the that little bubba of yours coming along anyway?
    mine is 10 1/2 months now and into fucking everything can't turn your back for 2 seconds or he is picking something up, i caught him with a wooden clothes peg in his mouth today :facepalm: feck knows where he got that
    Worst they can do is give me my notice as absence counts against me during the 'probation period' to be honest I couldn't care less if they do anyway it's a horrid place to work, i'm already searching for other options.

Bubba is fine, she's 6 months now and is starting to get about by shuffling or crawling backwards she's a cow when it comes to food too, if you have food, or a drink for that matter in your hand she screams at you until she has something, or if she's close enough she'll grab at it and stick it in her gob

vCash
    Worst they can do is give me my notice as absence counts against me during the 'probation period' to be honest I couldn't care less if they do anyway it's a horrid place to work, i'm already searching for other options.
    Might be part of the initial problem mate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ebfatz View Post
    Might be part of the initial problem mate.
    It's possible, but the Mrs says I was showing signs before I started there and the job has jumped moved things along.

vCash
    i'll tell you one thing baz,
    your a brave man, im not so sure i could have come out with this on here if i had depression. Depression is not about being weak, it is a sign of immense strength mate, trying too hard to cope when things are getting on top of you, getting help is a sign of strngth as well mate you are stronger than any of us on here and im sure you will be feeling better in your own time

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeezerCeltic1967 View Post
    i'll tell you one thing baz,
    your a brave man, im not so sure i could have come out with this on here if i had depression. Depression is not about being weak, it is a sign of immense strength mate, trying too hard to cope when things are getting on top of you, getting help is a sign of strngth as well mate you are stronger than any of us on here and im sure you will be feeling better in your own time
    Cheers Beez, it's just frustrating at the moment as it's stopping me doing what I want and need to do at times. I've told work i'm going to take it day by day, if i'm feeling ok i'll go in, if i'm not I won't bother wasting anyones time.

vCash
    i have been following this for a while now but tried to stay out of it since i don't share the opinion of most people and won't be of help for anyone here. be that as it may, i got a question now.

what makes one person depressive but not another?

let's say person a loses job --> gets depressive
    person b loses job --> is motivated to find another one etc., life goes on and all

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patinoz View Post
    i have been following this for a while now but tried to stay out of it since i don't share the opinion of most people and won't be of help for anyone here. be that as it may, i got a question now.

person b loses job --> is motivated to find another one etc., life goes on and all
    it's much more than that pat,
    much more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patinoz View Post

Depression can only be diagnosed by a qualified doctor but then they don't have the answers, neither do the psychologists etc that deal with you too. It's a mental state and can happen to anyone at anytime, even the multi millionaires get depression when they seemingly have everything they need/want.

In my case I really don't know what started it off and I wouldn't really know where to start looking as to why it's come on all of a sudden as speculating will probably end up annoying me more.

Sadly Pat nothing is straight forward when you have depression.

vCash
    How do you feel exactly when you're depressed, Baz?

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast