Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Mental Health

vCash
    Shocking to hear that from you Coys. Good thing that you may have a place where you feel that you can talk about it though, many people don't have that and are trying hard to not appear weak to people that they know. That is understandable but could leave people devastated in a "how could I not see it" kind of way. From what you're writing now it seems kind of serious. I'm not that good at advice but strongly recommend you to talk to someone, always been looking at you as a top lad!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Felix For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Just by saying things like that is a big step COYS. Sometimes there never is a right or wrong answer when it comes to MH, as recovery is different for everyone. We can all listen to your problems and offer strategies that work for us, but only you can find out what works for you.

Unlike AJ, i'm not a professional around MH, but I have had my own experiences and I have had experience with working with people who are suffering MH issues, and I am also a parent to a child with MH issues (Who by the way almost certainly has ADHA & Aspergers) but I am also willing to listen and talk about whatever it is eating you up inside.

However, I would stress if you are feeling suicidal you do need to seek the proper help. It's a very fine line between having those thoughts and doing something so please do be careful.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Baz For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coys View Post
    Now, not a thread i ever imagined posting in, but having an incredibly tough time right now and showing plenty of symptoms of depression.

I'm here as i find it incredibly difficult to discuss this sort of thing with people i am close to or know personally.

I'm also quite ashamed to admit i have thought about (with no serious intentions as of yet) what it would be like to go down the suicide route.

I'm a serious over thinker and it's eating away at me virtually every day. I've become incredibly miserable to be around and am often lifeless.

I still work full time and do my best to hide it, but wondering how much longer i can keep it going.

There is a big story to this - but i'm quite skeptical to reveal it all just yet. I hope that's okay. I just thought i'd share with you all how i'm feeling as i know it has helped a few on here.

Any advice would also be greatly appreciated. I'm more than happy to share my story privately if somebody needs to know more information to help.
    It's tough to admit to yourself at first, I was the same but the main thing is you know how you are feeling now and the main thing now is to do the things that are going to help you, like you I am a serious over thinker and it leads me into stupid fantasies in my own head about things that are not even happening and that brings me down, stay strong while at work, what works for me sometimes but not all the time is keeping yourself busy, it gets easy to put a brave face on it when you are around people who don't really need to know, I do it all the time and it can also be the easiest thing to do. Stay strong, go and see your GP and explain to them exactly how your feeling, it's a start. I debated going to my GP for weeks but it was the best thing instead of constantly telling myself things will be better tomorrow and things like that but stay strong mate.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ste117 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Visit the GP
    Talk to friends/family if you can
    Your a spurs fan? They are primed for big things in next 4/5 seasons,get some joy from them

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Draxler80ninian For This Useful Post:

vCash
    A good start by sharing your feelings mate whether it is to us or those closer to you

We are here for you (some with a lot more experience/quals on this) so it's good to talk. I wish you well fella. Chin up and focus on the positives and what makes you feel good.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I honestly feel like we as males do not get enough exposure in regards to MH.

We all have low points but it is very rarely mentioned. I work and it takes all me energy to be happy and cheerful, As soon as my days off come around i pretty much lock myself in my room and do not have any contact with anyone so i can recharge (if that is even a thing) the problem is i get lonely from not being with people when i am off.

Coys speak to your GP like people have said. I do not know your situation but i wish you the best. If it has made you have those dark thoughts I can not begin to imagine what has happened. Stay strong and remember the guys here from all over the world have your back

12. The Following User Says Thank You to drkshadow1 For This Useful Post:

316'sRegen Unattached
    Hey Coys, sorry to hear your having a tough time at the minute.

I was very slow to address the same issues a few years back and I had a stupid idea that I was being weak by admitting the problem and asking for help.

The guys talk about doctors and professionals and that was what helped me, but the only thing I would say is that it was more the talking, activities (gym, table tennis, walking the dog) and human interaction (mostly with family at first) that pulled me back up.

While they do work for some people I'm not a supporter of the drugs that they throw about. They didn't really help me.

Do you have something near you like leisure centre, snooker hall, something like that? You'll be amazed at the communities in places like that, I certainly was anyway.

As everyone's said, if you do want to talk anytime you can PM on here. I'll also jump on a party chat on the PlayStation. Did you know about a month ago we were trying to get you to join in with us on the pro club in FIFA?

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 316'sRegen For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 316'sRegen View Post
    Hey Coys, sorry to hear your having a tough time at the minute.

I was very slow to address the same issues a few years back and I had a stupid idea that I was being weak by admitting the problem and asking for help.

The guys talk about doctors and professionals and that was what helped me, but the only thing I would say is that it was more the talking, activities (gym, table tennis, walking the dog) and human interaction (mostly with family at first) that pulled me back up.

While they do work for some people I'm not a supporter of the drugs that they throw about. They didn't really help me.

Do you have something near you like leisure centre, snooker hall, something like that? You'll be amazed at the communities in places like that, I certainly was anyway.

As everyone's said, if you do want to talk anytime you can PM on here. I'll also jump on a party chat on the PlayStation. Did you know about a month ago we were trying to get you to join in with us on the pro club in FIFA?
    Agreed, being social whenever possible is a great thing to do, however as per, it's finding what works for you.

vCash
    Fair play for being bold enough to speak out, Coys. That's surely the first step to take and you've seen how everyone here can be supportive of others when they are going through some tough times.

Like some of the others here, all I can say is to try and use this thread and the community to talk things through when you feel you need to.
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Thank you all for your comments, its amazing how the champ man family pulls together. You won't find a place like this anywhere else on the internet.

I'll be sure to reply to them all individually when i have time.

Craig Forrest is offline Manager
    Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    Shitty that you're going through this Coys.... I know the overthinking problem.... I went through some pretty heavy depression type stuff when my marriage ended and then again when my last serious relationship ended.... dark thoughts, feelings of uselessness, etc....

Even something as simple as talking to us on here in very general terms is a great first step.... any time you need someone to listen, feel free to drop me a PM

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Craig Forrest For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Hope ur still keeping your chin up COYS.

Try and arrange an evening in or evening out with your closest friends.
    You don't have to tell em owt, but just having ur friends near you once in a while helps to keep everything going!!

Peace and love

22. The Following User Says Thank You to wato20 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    You're not alone coys, I suffer with it and have done for a very long time mate. I've just turned 27, so I'm still a young man but I've been on anti depressants for several years and overthinking is a massive trait of mine aswell .

I had a lot of talent to be a good boxer but overthinking has caused me to waste my very youthful years, I think maybe that's the root of it all.

Always here if you need a talk mate, don't suffer in silence. :-)

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Tierney-LFC-1990 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    How have you been feeling in recent days Coys?

vCash
    Had a really horrific day with the boy child, he's been beyond horrific today doing things such as throwing things, spitting in my face, blowing his nose in my face, I feel like I need a medal for not losing it today sigh. Tomorrow will be a better day.....

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Baz For This Useful Post:

Craig Forrest is offline Manager
    Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    Tomorrow is always a better day

vCash
    Sorry didn't see the posts in here.

I'm doing a little bit better, trying to keep myself active. Going to football, round some mates houses. Basically anything that stops me from having time to think.

Talking to friends has helped a lot. Even though they can't offer me a solution it's nice to know somebody is listening.

Posting on here helped me quite a bit too, just knowing that my issue is out there and not bottled up inside. Your responses have been amazing.

I still have a lot of tough days. Didn't go into work one day last week because of my state of mind.

Just taking each day as it comes at the moment.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Coys For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Well my 2017 of feeling down continues coming into its 4th month, nearly crying this morning but I am so tired, had a caffeine overdosed what fucked me over big time, was sick and heart was racing, I was very secular to myself today both headphones in music on full volume, Not felt positive once at all this year and that's a long time. But I slept well after a caffeine overdose so maybe I should do it more often, passed the point of caring what damage anything does to my body at the end of the day it will achieve my goal and prediction for myself.

vCash
    Caffeine overdose isn't good, Ste. If anything, it should have the opposite effect rather than helping you to sleep.
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!

vCash
    I got home and fell asleep straight away

AJ is offline Official Challenge Team
    VIP
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    because your body was depleted of energy. Won't be waking up all refreshed.

316'sRegen Unattached
    My recent abscence was due to mental health.
    I am a seriously private person but I also struggle with similar issues.

I have also ended an 11 yr relationship and couldnt really handle the shit in the network game the other week.

I'm keeping a low profile about here at the minute because i am meditating on real life issues.

Things mike look shit, but to be honest, Ste's "my goal and my prediction" post is much moree worrying to me.

Ste join me on ps4 for a chat sometime mate.
    I sent you a invite to my show (which is currently ongoing ) but i would like to actually talk to you bro.

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 316'sRegen For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Keep battling lads
    The Alphabet Game #3

vCash
    I am about to completely lose it and this is why

Me and my mate took out a joint gym membership and cancelled it when I lost my job, I got a letter saying I had to pay 554 by the end of the week, its getting sorted but she wont take responsibility for her side of the membership and its holding up the process of getting the debt cleared she just doesn't understand the position it puts me in both and now and the future.
    She has put it all on me to sort it out not understand that the place who are trying to clear the debt need her details to process it but she doesn't understand that and just wants to know what the final outcome is.

Some friend she has become since Christmas, it was her fucking idea to cancel it. Before Christmas she was completely different when we used the gym. She just doesn't understand why she needs to come down to CAB to sort it with me, just expects me to do it all but I can't coz they need her to sort her side of it out. It's so frustrating, this final outcome she wants to know about, well there won't be one unless she acts like an adult for once and take fucking responsibility. And it is the same girl as always screwing me again by the looks of it.

vCash
    Ste i am sorry but you allowed this person back in. Until you understand that shes a nasty piece of work you will continue to allow yourself to be used.

I hope this gets sorted but please be careful