Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Other European Leagues

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeezerCeltic1967 View Post
    i thought subotic was good

robben is a diving little cheat and has been for years,

was it him that also played the dortmund player onside for their goal?
    There was no need for such a reaction by Subotić. Despite Robben being him usual self, Subotić should've moved away from him after the penalty and enjoy the victory without being a twat. Like a sir.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeezerCeltic1967 View Post
    i thought subotic was good

robben is a diving little cheat and has been for years,

was it him that also played the dortmund player onside for their goal?
    Robben does fall easily. Not sure it was him snoozing when the goal happened.

It was a legitimate pen though. Weidenfeller clearly tripped him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patinoz View Post
    alright, come on guys, give me shit (churky already did)

i watched the game last night and it was like the one last year. doesnt deserve a winner but dortmund somehow manages to score one and get a 1-0 victory. sucks massively but the point is: If ya don't score a goal out of all the chances we had (pen, 2 metres in front of the empty goal in 91st min), you don't deserve to win.

congrats to dortmund for their playing style and winning the bundesliga. they are still arrogant cunts though (subotic after robben's pen)

I already said that Bayern needs a new manager, and some quality on the bench. You cannot win the Bundesliga AND go through the later stages of the CL with 14-15 players who you can count on. At least 3-4 backups are necessery if Bayern wants the title and the CL too.

vCash
    Dortmund match showed what I'd said long ago; Bayern's game is one-dimensional. There's always "Robbery" running down the flank past his guard and crossing the ball or cutting inside and then shoot/attempt a through ball. There is no immediate threat from the middle so the opposition can easily double up the flanks, and that's exactly what happened against Dortmund. A player in AMC position should drop a bit deeper to provide some "playmaking", but I'm afraid Kroos and Muller are not very good at that at the moment. I'd put Schweinsteiger up there and stick someone less technical, but hard working on his DMC/MC position.
    Bayern's tactics work sometimes because Ribery and Robben are, after all, world class players, but you can't expect them to skin two players all the time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shikaka View Post
    I already said that Bayern needs a new manager, and some quality on the bench. You cannot win the Bundesliga AND go through the later stages of the CL with 14-15 players who you can count on. At least 3-4 backups are necessery if Bayern wants the title and the CL too.
    I agree with the latter part. the squad is too thin. the first part is nonsense, everybody said heynckes needs to go and then they won the last 9 or 10 matches in a row, everybody was quiet again, and now they lost 1 and he needs to go again. you sound like a tabloid

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by churky View Post
    Dortmund match showed what I'd said long ago; Bayern's game is one-dimensional. There's always "Robbery" running down the flank past his guard and crossing the ball or cutting inside and then shoot/attempt a through ball. There is no immediate threat from the middle so the opposition can easily double up the flanks, and that's exactly what happened against Dortmund. A player in AMC position should drop a bit deeper to provide some "playmaking", but I'm afraid Kroos and Muller are not very good at that at the moment. I'd put Schweinsteiger up there and stick someone less technical, but hard working on his DMC/MC position.
    Bayern's tactics work sometimes because Ribery and Robben are, after all, world class players, but you can't expect them to skin two players all the time.
    i'd put Kroos up there. Müller isnt having his greatest season. Kroos got amazing vision and passing ability and it was Ribery, Kroos, Müller when we dominated everybody at the start of the season.

Müller isnt a playmaker, his role is more the AMR one like he plays for germany. Putting Kroos behind Gomez you got 3 players with great passing abilities behind Gomez and Kroos will always be the one standing outside the box whereas Müller will always be inside. Furthermore AMC is Kroos' fav position and he repeatedly said that. It makes the squad look a bit weaker on paper (Müller > Luiz Gustavo) but its probably the wise thing to do and we played like that after 55min when Schweini got subbed in and from that time we really applied pressure.

Schweinsteiger and Luiz Gustavo as DMC then.

btw, we werent the worse team against Dortmund. We dominated them in the second half (whereas they were way better in the first half). When they scored the goal in the 70-odd min, it was like the first and only time they were at our box in the second half up to that point.

vCash
    I agree with the latter part. the squad is too thin. the first part is nonsense, everybody said heynckes needs to go and then they won the last 9 or 10 matches in a row, everybody was quiet again, and now they lost 1 and he needs to go again. you sound like a tabloid
    Tabloid? Nah...
    I am saying Heynckes is not a sollution since he was named as manager.
    The fact that he had a good run, a few short winning streaks didn't change my mind.

He cannot adapt to unexpected opposing tactics, doesn't rotate the squad well, he is simply a grumpy old man living from his past successes.

Quote Originally Posted by Churky
    player in AMC position should drop a bit deeper to provide some "playmaking", but I'm afraid Kroos and Muller are not very good at that at the moment. I'd put Schweinsteiger up there and stick someone less technical, but hard working on his DMC/MC position.
    If Schweinsteiger is fit, he does a good job in organizing a few chances from the middle. He has a very good partner in Gustavo, who does the running so that Schweini is has a bit of breath. It is working good until they are both fit.

BUT Tymo is hopeless, the next Ottl in the team. Alaba will be a good choice there in 2 seasons but not now.

But for next season they will need to sign someone, to replace Tymo and tutor Alaba. Someone who is happy to sit on the bench and act as a backup/partner to Schweini, can pass, is a hard worker, and as we know Hoeness, should be relatively unknown and preferably cheap. I think their target last year (Vidal) was ideal, but he is now in Juve, so someone else.
    I think a player like Salihovic would be a good signing: hard working, good passing skills, not a primadonna and has an added bonus of 3-4 free kick goals per season. Maybe Sahin if Madrid doesn't want him and he is willing to sign for someone else as Dortmund.

Also a replacement for Olic (if he leaves) and a fullback is necessery (if they sell Contento)

vCash
    i'd put Kroos up there. Müller isnt having his greatest season. Kroos got amazing vision and passing ability and it was Ribery, Kroos, Müller when we dominated everybody at the start of the season.
    I'm not overly impressed with Kroos tbh, but he has time to develop properly in that respect.

Müller isnt a playmaker, his role is more the AMR one like he plays for germany. Putting Kroos behind Gomez you got 3 players with great passing abilities behind Gomez and Kroos will always be the one standing outside the box whereas Müller will always be inside.
    I agree the Müller is a waste on AMC position, he's more a finisher than a passer. However, he's Bayern boy with all the hype around him so has to be squeezed into the team somehow, and that's the problem. Reminds me of England national team and their managers trying to fit all the stars into starting XI.

btw, we werent the worse team against Dortmund. We dominated them in the second half (whereas they were way better in the first half). When they scored the goal in the 70-odd min, it was like the first and only time they were at our box in the second half up to that point.
    That's true, it was a tight and nervous match. Dortmund were a bit lucky all together, but Bayern should've done much more with different tactical approach. After all, they were the ones trying to close a 3-point gap.

If Schweinsteiger is fit, he does a good job in organizing a few chances from the middle. He has a very good partner in Gustavo, who does the running so that Schweini is has a bit of breath. It is working good until they are both fit.

BUT Tymo is hopeless, the next Ottl in the team. Alaba will be a good choice there in 2 seasons but not now.

But for next season they will need to sign someone, to replace Tymo and tutor Alaba. Someone who is happy to sit on the bench and act as a backup/partner to Schweini, can pass, is a hard worker, and as we know Hoeness, should be relatively unknown and preferably cheap. I think their target last year (Vidal) was ideal, but he is now in Juve, so someone else.
    I think a player like Salihovic would be a good signing: hard working, good passing skills, not a primadonna and has an added bonus of 3-4 free kick goals per season. Maybe Sahin if Madrid doesn't want him and he is willing to sign for someone else as Dortmund.
    Pranjić can play that kind of DMC role; a back-up and support for more technical player.

vCash
    Tabloid? Nah...
    I am saying Heynckes is not a sollution since he was named as manager.
    The fact that he had a good run, a few short winning streaks didn't change my mind.

He cannot adapt to unexpected opposing tactics, doesn't rotate the squad well, he is simply a grumpy old man living from his past successes.
    We never gonna agree on that one, so lets just drop it.

Also a replacement for Olic (if he leaves) and a fullback is necessery (if they sell Contento)
    Tymo will still be there next season. Alaba wont play DMC, he is a revelation as a fullback.
    I'd even go as far as saying he was the best Bayern player (with Neuer) against Dortmund.

Salihovic is neither hard-working nor "NOT a primadonna". He gets suspended (by the manager) three times a season cuz he shows absolutely no professionalism at times.

Good player but not a guy you necessarily want to have in your squad if you want to improve chemistry.

vCash
    I'm not overly impressed with Kroos tbh, but he has time to develop properly in that respect.
    Kroos been great this season. We gotta disagree on that one.

I agree the Müller is a waste on AMC position, he's more a finisher than a passer. However, he's Bayern boy with all the hype around him so has to be squeezed into the team somehow, and that's the problem. Reminds me of England national team and their managers trying to fit all the stars into starting XI.
    I wouldnt say that. Besides Heynckes benched him before too.

That's true, it was a tight and nervous match. Dortmund were a bit lucky all together, but Bayern should've done much more with different tactical approach. After all, they were the ones trying to close a 3-point gap.
    I agree with that one. We started the game a bit disappointing.

Pranjić can play that kind of DMC role; a back-up and support for more technical player.
    Pranjic is wank. No offense. He won't be there next season (hopefully)

vCash
    We never gonna agree on that one, so lets just drop it.
    I concur

Salihovic is neither hard-working nor "NOT a primadonna". He gets suspended (by the manager) three times a season cuz he shows absolutely no professionalism at times.

Good player but not a guy you necessarily want to have in your squad if you want to improve chemistry.

Yeah, he is a party animal

But you understand: someone who can replace Schweini when he is injured, has an eye for the pass, preferably a hard worker for a bargain price. (that means without international recognition or someone who wasted a year in Madrid/Manchester/Chelsea). He shouldn't even be young, just last for 2 years until Alaba (or an other Bayern youngster) matures a bit.

Sahin, Guarín, maybe Michael Johnson, David Pizzaro...

vCash
    alright, come on guys, give me shit (churky already did)

i watched the game last night and it was like the one last year. doesnt deserve a winner but dortmund somehow manages to score one and get a 1-0 victory. sucks massively but the point is: If ya don't score a goal out of all the chances we had (pen, 2 metres in front of the empty goal in 91st min), you don't deserve to win.

congrats to dortmund for their playing style and winning the bundesliga. they are still arrogant cunts though (subotic after robben's pen)
    Arrogant? Dortmund? From which club is the manager that said: "If Bayern wants a player, it gets the player?"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Forzabvb View Post
    Arrogant? Dortmund? From which club is the manager that said: "If Bayern wants a player, it gets the player?"

Hehe, but you gotta agree: Noone even compares to him when it is about "virtually comparing penises in press".

I really love this guy and his method of running the club!

vCash
    I wouldnt say that. Besides Heynckes benched him before too.
    He may have benched him a few times, but the issue remains. The home-grown boy has to be fit into the squad. That problem happens in a lot of clubs.

Pranjic is wank. No offense. He won't be there next season (hopefully)
    I agree. He's been wank because you kept playing him on loads of different positions, but mainly on left-back, where he's absolutely abysmal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Forzabvb View Post
    Dortmund is turning into a very arrogant team. There is a big news article out today saying you don't only have to show dignity when losing but also when winning.
    The problem is that a similar thing happened against Greuter Fürth a few weeks ago when Großkreutz ran over the entire pitch to talk smack to somebody.

It just shows no class whatsoever.

Regarding Hoeneß, you can hate him all you want but his achievements for German Football are second to none (on par with Beckenbauer)

vCash
    Sahin, Guarín, maybe Michael Johnson, David Pizzaro...
    They wouldnt buy players like that. They are looking to buy German or at least Semi-German (Sahin, Shaquiri)

vCash
    They wouldnt buy players like that. They are looking to buy German or at least Semi-German (Sahin, Shaquiri)
    Which reminds me, Shaqiri is another one who will be a problem to fit in the squad.

vCash
    Michael Johnson? Bit of a random name there, his career is ruined by injuries unfortunately. I think he didn't even have a good spell on loan at Leicester recently.
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

vCash
    He may have benched him a few times, but the issue remains. The home-grown boy has to be fit into the squad. That problem happens in a lot of clubs.
    I forgot to agree with that one. He is quite bad on the latest matches and plays games while in bad form.
    He has to pay attention or he can turn into rubbish quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Patinoz
    How exactly is a swiss, born in Albania a Semi-German?
    Last edited by shikaka; 13-04-12 at 12:25 PM.

vCash
    he speaks the language.

vCash
    Btw. Start watching Serie A!

There is the title race between Milan and Juventus. (currently Juve is up with a point, but they will have to play Cesena, Novara and Lecce - all 3 are in a great battle agasint relegation)

There is a gangbang for the 3rd Champions league spot between Lazio (54), Udinese (51), Roma (50), Napoli (48) and Inter (48). Where Lazio and Inter will visit Udinese, Roma will play Juventus and Napoli!

The relegation battle is ususally the most interesting (3 relegation spots), now Cesena (21), Novara (25), Lecce (34), Genoa (35!!) and Fiorentina (37). With all involved having a rough ride: Genoa will go to Udinese and Milano, and Fiorentina has to play Roma, Inter, Atalanta AND Lecce.

I wouldn't bet on Fiorentina staying up! I really would like Lazio in champions league, this way they could keep their stars and show europe how gangsters (Edy Reja and Lotito) run a football club. (really, if these two guys wouldn't work in football, they would be very good terrorists/gangsters)

So guys, tense matches and drama on every gameday

vCash
    I hope Juventus takes it home , have always been a fan of Juventus . Or at least since I was 8 or so.

Unbeaten this season , that is an achievement. But need to stop giving away 2 points there and 2 points here.

Last three games for Juventus :

Juventus - Napoli 3-0
    Palermo - Juventus 0-2 (Palermo is one of the best home teams , if not THE best home team in Serie A)
    Juventus - Lazio 2-1

The only really tough game on paper left for Juventus (except the final) is at home vs Roma .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Janis89 View Post
    I hope Juventus takes it home , have always been a fan of Juventus . Or at least since I was 8 or so.

Unbeaten this season , that is an achievement. But need to stop giving away 2 points there and 2 points here.

Last three games for Juventus :

Juventus - Napoli 3-0
    Palermo - Juventus 0-2 (Palermo is one of the best home teams , if not THE best home team in Serie A)
    Juventus - Lazio 2-1

The only really tough game on paper left for Juventus (except the final) is at home vs Roma .

Better make it last 5:
    Fiorentina (a) 5-0
    Inter (h) 2-0
    Napoli (h) 3-0
    Palermo (a) 2-0
    Lazio (h) 2-1

That is: 5 rough matches, 15 points, 15 scored goals 1 conceeded

Nope. This season better team were not a problem for Juve. Most derbies were won, but they left points in Siena, Parma, Bologna...

vCash
    That is 5 tough games

I wonder which players they will buy this summer , I wouldnt mind Tevez

Really looking forward to seeing them in CL next year , they belong up there with the big boys.

So yeah they need to stop giving away 2 points vs teams like Bologna , Siena etc ...

What do you think of Matri this season?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Janis89 View Post
    What do you think of Matri this season?

I have a friend who is a Juventus supporter, and he doesn't really like him.
    But as far as I can tell, he is good to have in the squad: he came, he seems really thrilled just by the fact that he has a Juve jersey, and does everything possible, always working hard on the pitch. He doesn't mind sitting out a few games on the bench either, and he is also italian (which helps with the homegrown rule).

I think he is perfect to fill out the squad, and when he has weight on his shoulders he can score 10+ goals per season steadily, but I think he will not be enough for champions league football. I cannot say it in a better form, but he can score if others create chances for him, unlike for example Ibra, who can create chances for himself.

So, in my opinion he is very usefule to have in the squad, but a striker signing is needed for Juve. (and off with Boriello)

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast