Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Other European Leagues

vCash
    Didn't know Juve were unbeaten! Is Del Piero still a bit part player this season? Think I read earlier this year that he was being forced to retire this season.
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

vCash
    He is a bench player this season

Heard rumours of him going to another club , hope it`s only gossip though

Unbeaten for 32 games in the league.

So what`s the dealio with my favourite English team? (Stoke)

They dont look like the same team as last year , Brittania is not the forth it was either .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Didn't know Juve were unbeaten! Is Del Piero still a bit part player this season? Think I read earlier this year that he was being forced to retire this season.
    Mainly used as an 'impact sub' (if that makes sense?)

Just scored a winner against Lazio
    22 apps (16 as sub) and 4 goals this season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdvyFLrA0dw

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Janis89 View Post
    Unbeaten for 32 games in the league.
    Who did they have to pay this time for it to happen?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patinoz View Post
    Who did they have to pay this time for it to happen?

Actually Juventus is leading DESPITE refs holding them back.

vCash
    Delio Rossi vs Adem Ljajic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16sSegBowuI

vCash
    I know that player's name from somewhere. Must have signed him before on cm.

vCash
    He was in Man Utd's reserves a few years ago.
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

vCash
    That's it. He was half decent on one of the updates too, if I remember correctly.

vCash
    Barcelona are interested in David Luiz and Younes Kaboul.

Their standards are slipping and Pep hasn't even left yet!

vCash
    To be fair Luiz would be a typical Barca like player

vCash
    Luiz has been very good since Xmas in fairness to him. And for once I agree with Coys

vCash
    To impatient with his passing.
    Instead of a simple 10 yard pass to Xavi, he'll be trying to ping 60/70 yard balls diagonally on to the toe of the forward line.
    He could have that taken out of him though, he's still pretty young.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coys View Post
    To be fair Luiz would be a typical Barca like player

just because he got hair like puyol doesnt mean he is as good as puyol.

vCash
    He could be as good as him eventually. I like Kaboul too, especially when Jarvis was ripping him apart on his (second) Spurs debut

vCash
    Kaboul is 5 times the player he used to be, one of the first names on the team sheet now

vCash
    If Luiz signs for Barcelona i can see him just sitting infront of the two centre backs, with the freedom of making runs forward when barcelona have pressure

vCash
    i had a long chat about kagawa etc. with my best mate a few days ago who is as much a dortmund fan as i am a bayern fan and we even agreed on that point (and that doesnt happen to often)

the reason dortmund does good in the bundesliga is their team chemistry and coach. life in dortmund is simple. there aint no media who is on your back 24/7, the way it is in munich, england, spain etc. they are a family. kagawa lives together in a house with perisic and gündogan. they go to practice together and come hoome and play playstation.
    talking about gündogan. he came from nürnberg for quite some money and didnt play at all until a month ago. but in dortmund nobody cares. in most other clubs the media would have written articles about what a shite transfer he is etc.
    you can play 10 shit games in a row for dortmund and still gonna play and be given another chance.

they are all best friends at the club, willing to fight and run for each other (biggest difference to bayern). that is what makes them strong. they dont have the better individual players, they're just the better team (in the bundesliga)

and that is my point exactly. the reason they perform so well is cuz they all feel great at dortmund. they have a coach who is their father and best friend at the same time, got a quiet life at the club and so on.

as i mentioned above, sahin is the best example. supposedly so great last season and couldnt do shit at real. was lucky to be named on the bench. yet özil and khedira play most games.

same will happen to most dortmund players. and as i said, my mate and i agreed in saying that some dortmund players overrate their own skills or rather might not understand that the club and its surroundings is the factor which makes them so strong. same might happen to kagawa. we obv dont know for sure until he is there and plays and i might be wrong as well.

nevertheless, why does bayern become a topic when we are talking about dortmund and a potential transfer regarding kagawa. thats what i dont understand. i didnt bring up bayern. i only said that i rate a player from another bundesliga team not high enough to make a move to united. if he plays for dortmund, schalke or fucking augsburg doesnt make a difference.
    i wouldnt recommend alaba going to united either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patinoz View Post
    he wont do as well for united as he'd do for dortmund anyway. dortmund players just get overrated. l
    I concur, you say the truth.

With the exception of Hummels (and maybe Bender), the Dortmund players are average Bundesliga material. (Hummels is better then average)

The reason why they perform over their own capabilities is the system of Klopp. He did the same in Mainz: practice together, run together, act as a unit on the pitch. It is working quite well to be honest.

BUT the players are not world beaters, no matter what they think: it is the system which works perfectly, and when they are not part of it, just fighting for a first team place somewhere else, their performances will be bad compared to what they achieved in Dortmund. I am quite sure that most (if not all...) teams who sign Dortmund players will be disappointed.
    For Dortmund, it is not that big problem. I mean players like Barrios and Schmelzer are easy to find, after all, only their mentality matters: until they accept Klopp and do as he says, they will fit Dortmund and will provide results.

Also, there IS a gap which Klopp cannot close with practice and motivation: I THINK that this Dortmund, even though german champion, would be not hard to beat for Manchester, Milan or Madrid. What they are good at is beating weaker opposition in a series of matches, but 2 matches against a much better opponent are not for them.

vCash
    thats exactly my point. if you through the players one by one and for example compare them to bayern, it is obvious we have the better individual players.

however, klopp and his system transforms an average - good team to a good - very good team, at least on the national stage where they have all the time in the world to prepare for the next match.

and yes, they have won the league twice now but both season they went out very early in europe and had time to focus on the bundesliga.

This season they got such a lucky break draw-wise. They were in Pot 4 and got a group consisting of Arsenal who were absolutely terrible at the beginning of the season, Marseille who have their worst season in a decade and Piräus who you have to beat day in and day out. Yet they managed to be 4th!! in that group.

Same last season, they went out in the EL Group Stage as 3rd. P-SG wasnt the team it is this season last season, Sevilla is an ok team, and the ukrainian outfit, never heard of them.

They deserved to win the league this season, credit where credit is due. I ain't gonna watch them in awe though unless they show something in Europe too.

It's the system and the coach which makes them strong, not their players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shikaka View Post
    What they are good at is beating weaker opposition in a series of matches, but 2 matches against a much better opponent are not for them.
    I suppose that is why they lost home and away to Bayern. Oh wait...

Unless ofcourse you are reffering to Bayern as a weak opposition

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coys View Post
    I suppose that is why they lost home and away to Bayern. Oh wait...

Unless ofcourse you are reffering to Bayern as a weak opposition

Of course not.

However, by that time Dortmund had to concentrate only on the BUndesliga and the cup, where Bayern had to play extra 6 matches with a thin squad which has like 15-16 players, PLUS Schweinsteiger missing half season.

Also, of course I didn't say that Dortmund is always unable to defeat teams which have better individuals. Just that
    - Klopp is using a system which has the biggest benefits in a league, not cup system
    - Dortmund's players as individuals are overrated at the moment, they function so well in Klopp's system and under his influence.

vCash
    you have a strange obsession with bayern coys. i doubt you sit in front of the telly all weekend watching bundesliga games. we all know you prolly havent watched a single one in your life.

i dont see myself commenting spurs all day long.

just jog on boy. i know its tough being a lonely teenager but nonetheless, get a proper hobby.

vCash
    So, after 10+ years of disaster, I finally can be so proud again of my team, Feyenoord.

With 0 euros invested, this year was bound to be another one without success, but Koeman managed to turn a group of mostly ~20 year olds into a great football machine. The result: CL qualifyers. I doubt we can make it through the 3rd and 4th round to actually get into the group phase, but i`m looking forward to it anyway.

vCash
    You see Pat, that's the difference. I stated my opinion and Shikaka actually replied with something worth reading (even though i disagree with it in some ways) where as you just do the whole " you are an obsessed little troll bla bla bla " Just because i don't support Bayern or Dortmund doesn't mean i can't comment on it. Still bitter from the CL thread just because i don't think Bayern are better than Madrid

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast