Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Training - New Position

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Whyme View Post
    maybe they always keep their new position when sold to a new club?
    Nah.. I just sold a D/AMR last season and he lost his trained defender position within a few months of leaving.

vCash
    I often find that when triained in a new position....they are never "that" good!...

hardly do it

vCash
    This seems like the right place for this...

For context: .68 patch applied; original .60 data being used; playing with Tapani 2.21.1; the save in question is a current network game between me and a friend (PSV & Ajax 5th season)

I noticed that two of my CM's kept havingabsolute stinkers recently. Not like Van Bommel and Stilian Petrov to be getting 4's against Dutch league cannon-fodder.

I went into training and noticed that I'd got my saved training regimes muddled. My first choice Central Midfielders were on a training regime which had 'New Position: Midfielder' set. I don't know how long they've been there for but their form has been pretty dodgy all season.

I loaded the game in a saved-game editor and saw that both Van Bommel and Stilian Petrov now have a '1' for Midfielder in positions (default values are: van Bommel DM:20 CM:20 AM:20 and Petrov DM:15 CM:19 AM:20).

Obviously I sorted out the training itself first, which didn't seem to help. I've used the save-game editor to revert the values back to their originals, which works fine for a while, but after a couple of weeks they go back to '1' again no matter what combination of training or no training at all. Sometimes it happens during the matches themselves! I saved before a game, checked the save-game editor and everything was okay. Played the game, Van Bommel gets a 4, save, check, and he's back at Midfielder: 1

Any help? It's pretty much ruined the game for me :/

EDIT: I'd also rather avoid having to explain all this to my mate when I tell him out of the blue that I don't want to carry on a game we've been playing for months :/
    Last edited by Jez; 23-04-17 at 06:52 PM.

vCash
    I nearly always retrain a ball playing (DMC) to a (DC) so he can play in a back three.
    I never remove any of these types of players from thier training regime.

There is one guy in my save who was only a (DMC) Willians.

But now he is a (D/DMC) best defender in the squad, and is the same standard defender as david Luiz (D/DMC)!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123