Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Training - New Position

vCash

Training - New Position

Hello guys, some help would be nice here: a) so i trained my young DC to be a right/centre DC instead of just centre and after a while he was R/C. I put him out of the specific training and after some time he was only centre DC again. I repeated the process again but the same happened. How the system works? Do i have to wait for a message to come up and tell me that he is a right/centre permanently? The second time was training for several months. b) The board is delighted with me but it keeps telling me every month that a specific player shouldn't be a member of the squad. It's very annoying and it doesn't stop. At first, the player had "unknown" in his future because he didn't play many games last season, but at the start of the new season he became "happy to stay at the club" again because he played many games. So why the freaking board still thinks he must go?

vCash
    A -

I did this with a player.

I trained him to be Right and Centre.
    he changed pretty quickly.

I took him off the training.
    and then a few weeks later he was back as just a right.
    I put him back in the training, but he took about a year to gain the central position again.

I think you need to get him with his new position.. and keep him training, and get to the end of that season, and wait until after the game updates.
    And then in pre-season u shud be able to move him to general or other training and he shud stay in the new position.

B -
    The player in question must be disliked by the club or a member of the board etc.

This will only go away when u sell him..

vCash
    B. Is due to the interference level of the chairman, I'd imagine its quiet high (14+). Click on his name in the Club Info

vCash
    Thanks Dermotron and wato20, i'll do that. You think you know a game too well, but there are always new things to learn.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by foo_jam2002 View Post
    i trained my young DC to be a right/centre DC instead of just centre and after a while he was R/C. I put him out of the specific training and after some time he was only centre DC again.

An injury 'resets' the retrains you have already done. You pretty much have to sacrifice a training slot for that guy so upon reset, it starts retraining again inmediately.

vCash
    He didn't have an injury but i sacrifice a training slot for him indeed. The game updated in Christmas time and i think he will be a permanent DRC from now on, soon i will know. Thanks.

Real Madras Unattached

Training - New Position

Is there anything specific you need to do with the other settings, e.g. tactics, fitness etc? Do you leave them at none?

vCash
    Versatility is the key attribute for a player learning a new position. Higher the better.

High professionalism will also speed it up a bit

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Do you have any evidence fir that or are you just going by common sense?

And as they are both hidden attributes are there any recommendations for those that don't look into editors?

vCash
    Done some small tests but enough to see the influence of Versatility. Its essentially a 'useless' attribute unless you want to retrain a player to a different position. If you give him 20 for all the positions/sides it will still be the key atts for a position that determines where a player will play best, whether he has 20 or 1 for Versatility.

Unless looking in an Editor of some sort, dont think there is a way other than asking your coaches about a player

Real Madras Unattached
    So there's nothing specific you need to do with the settings? Just tell the coach what the new position is?

And cheers.

vCash
    Well a player with low versatility will take an age to learn a new position and will 'forget' as soon as you stop or change the training regime.

I guess if your making a forward a defender, low shooting and intense tactics would be a good start. Vice versa, defender into striker.

View the 'Everything there is to know about training' thread for best routines for specific types of players

vCash
    Having a leaf through the original manual earlier -

Versatility:

Physical: N/A
    Mental: The ability of the player to be able to change from his regular position to unfamiliar ones. Players with a high value will be more receptive to positional changes in training
    Essential Ability for: Any player that you wish to change the position of, such as utility players.
    What to look for: N/A

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

vCash

Position Training

Ive just bought Jonathan Biabiany for Aston Villa. Hes a FLRC. I want him to be a AML. Whats the best way to get that done? And how long does it ger=nerally take?

I mean I know how to put "New Position" training on. But do I have home doing other stuff, like fitness and tactics, or leave it all on none?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    Ive just bought Jonathan Biabiany for Aston Villa. Hes a FLRC. I want him to be a AML. Whats the best way to get that done? And how long does it ger=nerally take?

I mean I know how to put "New Position" training on. But do I have home doing other stuff, like fitness and tactics, or leave it all on none?
    If he's a FLRC and you want him to play AML I wouldn't even bother training a new position. FRLC can generally play wide attacking midfield positions no problem anyway (look at Welbeck, Sturridge, Lallana on the latest update amongst many others)

vCash
    Retraining for position is a complete waste of time. Most players get pissed off at the training regime. Most players take an a age to have any impact and most players forget the new position as soon as you stop the training.

It is far quicker and more effective to use them in their current position or sell them and buy a player for the position you want.
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

vCash
    These last two replies are both entirely correct

vCash
    Since i don't check the player's hidden stats with any sort of editor during the game, I usually set a positional training for just 2/3 weeks time. If he gets pissed with it, nevermind... but if he doesn't moan like a bitch I keep that training regime permantely. Even rare as it is, I managed to get some positive results. I guess it depends which value he has in Versatility like Derm posted before.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Eejit View Post
    Retraining for position is a complete waste of time. Most players get pissed off at the training regime. Most players take an a age to have any impact and most players forget the new position as soon as you stop the training.

It is far quicker and more effective to use them in their current position or sell them and buy a player for the position you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovesanmarino View Post
    These last two replies are both entirely correct
    Interesting. On the ODB, I often used to create DR from MR as I rarely found good ones through scouting. It always worked well.

vCash

New Position Training

Lads

I have read a few threads about the above subject but I haven't been able to spot how you actually do it!

I would be very grateful if anybody could point me in the right direction.

Cheers

vCash
    1. go to the training menu.

2. click on a training "button" to edit.

3. click "edit".

4. a menu will pop up.

5. the bottom two options allow you to choose a new position (GK , sweeper, def, def mid, mid, att mid, forward) and a new side (left, centre, right).

6. edit these two the position & side you want to train.

7. click "ok".

8. drag the player you want to train from his current training regime to this new one you have just created.

9. leave him there for a long time. after a while, you will see he's trained in this new position - don't remove him from this training regime. if you do, he'll lose that ability. whenever i've trained a player to a new position, i've left him in that training regime for a whole season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ajra21 View Post
    1. go to the training menu.

2. click on a training "button" to edit.

3. click "edit".

4. a menu will pop up.

5. the bottom two options allow you to choose a new position (GK , sweeper, def, def mid, mid, att mid, forward) and a new side (left, centre, right).

6. edit these two the position & side you want to train.

7. click "ok".

8. drag the player you want to train from his current training regime to this new one you have just created.

9. leave him there for a long time. after a while, you will see he's trained in this new position - don't remove him from this training regime. if you do, he'll lose that ability. whenever i've trained a player to a new position, i've left him in that training regime for a whole season.
    Not 100% true, not all players can be retrained to new position and most will get unhappy at their training regime

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Fods For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fodster View Post
    Not 100% true, not all players can be retrained to new position and most will get unhappy at their training regime
    really? didn't know that. never had a player be unhappy with their new position. then again, i've never made huge changes. i've made DM R tiny D/DM R; or AM C into AM RC etc.

thanks for the info fod.

vCash
    Someone else will clarify but I think it's to do with the hidden adaptability attribute.

vCash
    Yep, some players are fine, some complain about it. I've retrained Defour to AMC and currently retraining Krafth to MC (he's not moaning yet lol).

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Goofy For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast