Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 35 of 35

Thread: Free Role

  1. #26
    Join Date
    15-12-11
    Location
    Your Mother
    Posts
    25,339
    vCash
    4790000
    Is Free Role an actual attacking position? Giving a Forward 20 free role, a manager has preferred formation as Sweeper, he'll play the forward as Sweeper if no player has the Sweeper position

  2. #27
    Join Date
    17-01-13
    Posts
    516
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    Is Free Role an actual attacking position? Giving a Forward 20 free role, a manager has preferred formation as Sweeper, he'll play the forward as Sweeper if no player has the Sweeper position
    I think it is an attacking position mostly. Because I noticed that Ze Eduardo (FC) played well in the free role as a striker as well.

    And when I looked him up on cm explorer he had 20 beside the free role.

    I have not seen any defensive players that have a 20 in the free role, nor have I tried playing the 'free role' attacker as a sweeper.

    It might be one to experiment with all the same as I tried a (SC) before who had the attributes of a sweeper as a creative defender in the centre of a back three.
    But not a 'free role'
    And I did not even bother retraining him as a (DC) he did OK but was a bit erratic.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    15-12-11
    Location
    Your Mother
    Posts
    25,339
    vCash
    4790000
    I have seen a player with D14 M20 AM12 C20 L10 R12 FR20 load as DLRC

    There's something not entirely right with it anyhow. We definitely use it to create FC instead of SC i.e. number 10's/secondary forwards.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:


  5. #29
    Join Date
    05-03-12
    Location
    Ribble Valley
    Posts
    3,872
    vCash
    19400
    Quote Originally Posted by fry78 View Post
    After all is said and done, the free role does not seem to be mainly dictated to by the player attributes you see, but the hidden player position preference 'free role'.
    100% correct - which is why it is a waste of time trying to use it.
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:


  7. #30
    Join Date
    27-10-14
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    3,453
    vCash
    3775
    I currently have Mahrez in a free role because his attributes tell me that he is suited for that:
    Creativity (18), dribbling (19), flair (18), passing (18), off the ball (17), technique (17)

    (These are the six crucial attributes needed for a free role according to the official CM0102 Manual)

    But in the editor it shows the following for Mahrez: Free Role: 0

    So should he, or should he not be awarded a free role?

  8. #31
    Join Date
    17-01-13
    Posts
    516
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by samsami View Post
    I currently have Mahrez in a free role because his attributes tell me that he is suited for that:
    Creativity (18), dribbling (19), flair (18), passing (18), off the ball (17), technique (17)

    (These are the six crucial attributes needed for a free role according to the official CM0102 Manual)

    But in the editor it shows the following for Mahrez: Free Role: 0

    So should he, or should he not be awarded a free role?
    Good question.

    But I have found when I played some players with free role they played worse. Checked the editor and they had 0.
    You could try and test it a bit Mahrez in the same game v same team same position 10 times 5 with free role and 5 without and see what happens.

    Personally I would opt for the no free role based on the editor.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to fry78 For This Useful Post:


  10. #32
    Join Date
    11-03-12
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    152
    vCash
    3300
    Well a value of 0 means it's loaded random on game start right? So he could have a high value or a low one. In CMScout I couldn't find the value for Free Role, but maybe I'm not looking right.

  11. #33
    Join Date
    27-10-14
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    3,453
    vCash
    3775
    Quote Originally Posted by GFRay86 View Post
    Well a value of 0 means it's loaded random on game start right? So he could have a high value or a low one. In CMScout I couldn't find the value for Free Role, but maybe I'm not looking right.
    That is exactly my problem. If '0' means random then it's a matter of trying it out as fry78 suggested.
    If '0' means '0' then it seems odd with Mahrez's near-perfect attributes.

    Can't test it now though as the poor guy is injured

  12. #34
    Join Date
    11-03-12
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    152
    vCash
    3300
    Quote Originally Posted by samsami View Post
    That is exactly my problem. If '0' means random then it's a matter of trying it out as fry78 suggested.
    If '0' means '0' then it seems odd with Mahrez's near-perfect attributes.

    Can't test it now though as the poor guy is injured
    Well 0 always means 'a randomly generated value between 1 and 20' so it can't be loaded as 0. The odd thing is that with CMScout you can't see the loaded value of the Free Role field. Maybe with other programs you can, but I haven't tried.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to GFRay86 For This Useful Post:


  14. #35
    Join Date
    27-10-14
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    3,453
    vCash
    3775
    Quote Originally Posted by GFRay86 View Post
    Well 0 always means 'a randomly generated value between 1 and 20' so it can't be loaded as 0. The odd thing is that with CMScout you can't see the loaded value of the Free Role field. Maybe with other programs you can, but I haven't tried.
    I looked at another save game editor and it tuned out that '0' has remained '0'

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •