Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CM3 Project by Cam F

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterWarne View Post
    Hi,

Thanks for replying to my post and clearing up my questions.

Clarifying the issue of Carlos Trezzi's position was particularly useful. I don't know the game engine really, so I couldn't understand how he could be a MC on CM3 and a MR on CM0102 without an error. But that has know been cleared up.

Thanks also for the Peter Prospar database

Also, just wondering, have you ever found a way of playing the game with the original CD on Windows 7?
    Yup, install the final 3.04 patch, if you don't have it let me know & can send you it. Thn follow the same things you do to get 0102 to work on win 7.

Also, if you want the original db, make a copy of the db, patch it then replace the db with the original db.

vCash
    Hi

I download a patch off of the internet, 3.04e. Would this be the correct one?

I ran the patch and changed the compatability settings, as on CM0102.

The patch seemed to work as I was able to get to the Menu screen fine, but when I tried to Start New Game, it came up with many errors. Then when I selected English leagues it closed the program down.

Any quick suggestions?

thanks

vCash
    My compatability is set to win 98/me for CM3. Is there maybe a hidden CM folder in the enveronmental variables you need to delete?

As you can see works fine on my Win 7 pc...

vCash
    Hi

thanks for the reply.

I was able to get it to work!

I tried to install it on another laptop and it worked fine, but for some reason not on my usual one. Then I started a new User Account on my usual laptop and it worked there, but not on my current user account. I'll mess about with it later and get it working.

Thanks for the help, because this CM was top class, I'm so looking forward to playing it. Although I still love CM0102, I really enjoyed the game engine of CM3 as well. I can't really believe that I could have been playing it for the last few years with the patch. I've asked on forums before and people seemed to accept that it just wasn't playable on recent versions of windows, no matter what was done.

The issue with Lizarazu was something that obviously couldn't be transfered just by a data exchange. He was brilliant, but for some reason he would always want to move and you could get him so cheaply

LizarazuStats.jpg

LizarazuTransfer.jpg

The issue with Trezzi was the one that really confused me. I didn't know that he could be just a midfielder with not R/L/C assigned. I've started 2 CM3 games and he has been 2 different positions.

What is good about having the original game is the ages are all correct.

17yoProspar.jpg

JamieMc.jpg

Even

14yoRooney.jpg

It was a strange database the more I look into it. The Saudis had some stunning players

(My screenshots are too bit to upload, but check out Sulaimani (DL) and Gahwaji (AMF/c LC) if yo're interested.

DO you play this game regularly? Whats the deal with training and tactics, the same as CM0102 or different? I remember 5-3-2 with wing backs being a really good tactic on this game, but that wasn't wib-wobbled so I'm not really sure.

Where there any cheat tactics?

thanks again for all the help.

This is editted in. For some reason I can't post anymore screen shots. But in the original game Brian Laudrup is at Chelsea and in the verson for 0102 he is at Kobenhavn. Just wondering on your take on that.
    Last edited by PeterWarne; 25-10-12 at 12:38 PM.

vCash
    Original game Laudrup was at Kobenvaven, as it was released before Christmas he had already moved irl by then. I always moved him back when I played it.

The lack of seeing career history totals always annoyed me & your players mostly got rubbish ratings, even if your team was unbeaten.

I play my CM3 project, I think it's amazing but I would.

I converted a few of the good tacs on here for when I played CM3 or 99/00, I will have a look when I get home but should still have them with the games.

I play 0001 everyday, then I play 0102 as one of my drinking games but the main 1 is 0001. I find the match engine & difficulty of that best imo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterWarne View Post
    Hi

DO you play this game regularly? Whats the deal with training and tactics, the same as CM0102 or different? I remember 5-3-2 with wing backs being a really good tactic on this game, but that wasn't wib-wobbled so I'm not really sure.

Where there any cheat tactics?
    Here is CM3 tac folder, I guess there are some cheat tacs in there knowing me http://www.sendspace.com/file/aywy3b

Jesus is offline Official Challenge Team
    Social Media Team
    vCash
    Might be an idea to update your first post of this thread (the one below Pat's) so that it includes the latest Database and the tactics folder for people to download at a glance?

vCash
    After a threads created and followed I always follow the latest post so IMO keep as you are CAMERON AND update OP

vCash
    Not meaning to be a smart arse

but I think you will find the OP was done by Pat so I can't update the OP

...but just for you guys updated the 1st 1 with my name.

vCash

Jesus is offline Official Challenge Team
    Social Media Team
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
    Might be an idea to update your first post of this thread (the one below Pat's) so that it includes the latest Database and the tactics folder for people to download at a glance?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cam F View Post

but I think you will find the OP was done by Pat so I can't update the OP

...but just for you guys updated the 1st 1 with my name.

but I think that's what I said?

vCash
    I know but I did say I was being a smart arse

vCash
    Where has this gone?

The link is now just to some tactics.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jampot View Post
    Where has this gone?

The link is now just to some tactics.
    so it was. Fixed now. Bugger knows why it changed to that tho.

vCash
    Just had a look at this database. What an amazing team Parma had

0fen0men0 Unattached
    does it work with Patch v3.9.68, as mine displays an error when creating a new game and crashes (after selecting all leagues)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 0fen0men0 View Post
    does it work with Patch v3.9.68, as mine displays an error when creating a new game and crashes (after selecting all leagues)
    #

Was created on 3.68. You should only be using the leagues in CM3 - Arg, Bra, Bel, Eng, Hol, Fra, Germ, Ital, port, Sco ,Spain, Den, jap, norw & USA.

Also was it a clean install? Tap patch would work but don't change the year to 98 as it will crash if you use Fra, Arg or Sco league, sure this is all mentioned on page 1 tho but glad to help as i get no error messages at all.

0fen0men0 Unattached
    yeah I figured it out right after the post and it's working perfectly (my bad as I chose "select all" leagues), thanx a lot for the awesome db

0fen0men0 Unattached
    actually i never used the tapani patch coz i don't want to change the rules from what it was back in 01/02, so can i use the tap patch to change only the starting year and nothing else?

316'sRegen Unattached
    gonna use this as the next scenario save.

Will it be OK to run 98/99 season as long as FRA ARG or SCO are not active?

vCash
    No idea tbh, would of thought so but it is lightening even with the leagues I said due to the size of CM3 DB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cam F View Post

Legend

vCash
    Hi,

I've followed these steps:

1. Overwrite your 98/99 DB in my CM01/02 folder.

2. Use CMStaff to decrease player's year of birth and contracts 3 years.

3. Use Tapani's Patcher 3.12 to set start year as 1998.

Then I start a new game selecting only Spanish league and it's crash
    Last edited by Mercurio; 05-01-13 at 12:49 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercurio View Post
    Hi,

I've followed these steps:

1. Overwrite your 98/99 DB in my CM01/02 folder.

2. Use CMStaff to decrease player's year of birth and contracts 3 years.

3. Use Tapani's Patcher 3.12 to set start year as 1998.

Then I start a new game selecting only Spanish league and it's crash
    You can't really set the year to 98 as it will crash due to changes in the league structures of game in 98 & 99, the furthest back you can set it is 2000 but apart from that if you download the db & play 0102 it will be good to go.

vCash
    Any chance of another link to this guys? The last one that was posted a while back seems to have expired?

Cheers

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast