Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CM3 Project by Cam F

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by welshybhoy View Post
    Any chance of another link to this guys? The last one that was posted a while back seems to have expired?

Cheers
    I can't check as I am in work but the one from the OP - http://www.sendspace.com/file/66dsvl has expired already?

vCash
    Seemed to work fine that time cheers. Said it had been deleted when I was trying to get it the other night.

vCash
    Superb work Cam Im playing as Lazio resigned Signori made him captain and sold alot of stars in the first season to rebuild the squad how I wanted it.I was so close to being sacked for being 3 pts from relegation then Cragnotti said I had to beat Empoli or he will consider my position, we won 5-1

I asked for more time to rebuild the team the board said they will give me time and for some reason the team started playing we avoided relegation.Now in the second season sitting in 3rd place after 10 games and looking strong with a rebuilt team!

One problem I had an error show up during the first season but it seems to have gone away? I didnt add any taipani patches but did use names editor for the UEFA competitions maybe its that?

vCash
    Cam, I made some changes in the game and it is now possible starting in 1998-99 without any error in any league in this DB. And I put the competitions historial with only dates prior to 1998.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/dh0m82
    Last edited by giovanisantana29; 21-03-14 at 02:34 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to giovanisantana29 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    So how does this work exactly? what version/patch of cm01/02 do I need installed? what steps should I follow once I have downloaded the rar.exe? (the one in the message just above, with a start in summer 1998).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by giovanisantana29 View Post
    Cam, I made some changes in the game and it is now possible starting in 1998-99 without any error in any league in this DB. And I put the competitions historial with only dates prior to 1998.

I downloaded this file (rar.exe file) and when I tried to run it (as administrator) my antivirus kicked-in and warned me of a trojan horse. Has any one tested that file? did I miss something on the download page?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterWarne View Post
    Hi

thanks for the reply.

I was able to get it to work!

I tried to install it on another laptop and it worked fine, but for some reason not on my usual one. Then I started a new User Account on my usual laptop and it worked there, but not on my current user account. I'll mess about with it later and get it working.

Thanks for the help, because this CM was top class, I'm so looking forward to playing it. Although I still love CM0102, I really enjoyed the game engine of CM3 as well. I can't really believe that I could have been playing it for the last few years with the patch. I've asked on forums before and people seemed to accept that it just wasn't playable on recent versions of windows, no matter what was done.

The issue with Lizarazu was something that obviously couldn't be transfered just by a data exchange. He was brilliant, but for some reason he would always want to move and you could get him so cheaply

Attachment 479

Attachment 480

The issue with Trezzi was the one that really confused me. I didn't know that he could be just a midfielder with not R/L/C assigned. I've started 2 CM3 games and he has been 2 different positions.

What is good about having the original game is the ages are all correct.

Attachment 481

Attachment 482

Even

Attachment 483

It was a strange database the more I look into it. The Saudis had some stunning players

(My screenshots are too bit to upload, but check out Sulaimani (DL) and Gahwaji (AMF/c LC) if yo're interested.

DO you play this game regularly? Whats the deal with training and tactics, the same as CM0102 or different? I remember 5-3-2 with wing backs being a really good tactic on this game, but that wasn't wib-wobbled so I'm not really sure.

Where there any cheat tactics?

thanks again for all the help.

This is editted in. For some reason I can't post anymore screen shots. But in the original game Brian Laudrup is at Chelsea and in the verson for 0102 he is at Kobenhavn. Just wondering on your take on that.

Was Wayne Rooney on the original CM3? He would of been 13 at the time?

vCash
    No, too young. His first appearance was in cm 0102.

vCash
    Thanks Cam,

Is Diego Maradona on the initial release of CM3 either at Boca Juniors or on a free? Also Did Peter Shilton feature on the it as well?

Cheers,

Sam

vCash
    Maradona was a free after leaving boca with pa 200 and great stats. Shilton retired by then.

vCash
    Thanks Cam,

Great knowledge.

Do you have the original data set you could send to me from the initial CM3 release? I have the sold out 3.04 version but want to play the data set that came on the initial CD release so I want to overwrite the data from the 3.04 release with that initial data.

I would be really grateful if you could as I am guessing you have extracted it before for conversion in your CM3 project?

Cheers,

Sam

vCash
    I don't think so, I would have to uninstall CM3 again, leave it with me and will do it in next few days once I locate the disk.

vCash
    Thank you, I would be really grateful if you are able to do it.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to sammummery For This Useful Post:

vCash
    As requested, try that - https://www.sendspace.com/file/ig2dym

vCash
    Cam you are a top bloke and a legend! That works perfectly!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to sammummery For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by giovanisantana29 View Post

Somebody was saying looking for 9899 DB with year set to 98 done by me and Gio.

vCash
    Great work Downloaded and installed succesfully. Just love playing with the CM3 database.
    I'm impressed with all youre work with this.

vCash
    If it's possible to play with/transfer cm3 data to cm 01/02 could you teach me how to do it the other way round?

cm 01/02 to cm3 engine.

vCash
    The one difference I really remember between the original cd version of the game and the later sold out version was that Gianluca Vialli was a player for Chelsea, not just a manager. And then I think Chris Sutton would still be at Blackburn

I also think Brian Laudrup was at Chelsea during that season but can't be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterWarne View Post
    Hi,
    thanks a million for this.

But is this really from the original database, that came with the first CD?

I ask because I remember (and I am very conscious to the fact it came out a long time ago ) some aspects to the game that aren't on this database.

I'll run through a couple of them and see what people think.

1. Peter Prospar. I never actually got around to signing him because I always played in the English leagues and could never get a work permit. But he was a legend on the game from somewhere in the Caribbean. When I started this database in the England he wasn't on the game.

2. Lizarazu. In the original game you used to be able to buy Lizarazu for a bargain 2.5m or thereabouts. He was a must buy for any team who could afford. In this version I doubt I could buy him for less that 10m.

3. Robbie Keane. In the game I remember Robbie Keane was one of the best youngsters on the game. He was another must buy, even at a whopping 12m from Wolves.

4. Silvio Maric. I remembered Maric still playing for Zagreb and not having moved to Newcastle United yet. Another great buy for the record.

5. Players positions. There are a few instances where the players positions are different. For example:

Michael Twiss (Man U) is a FLC in this version, rather than an AM/F LC as I remember him
    Carlos Trezzi (Inter) is an MR, rather than MC.
    Robbie Keane (Wolves) is an FC, rather than AM/F C

I could understand some of these changing when the data is put into a different system (like Twiss of Keane), but I couldn't see it happeneing with Trezzi.

Thanks again for putting this database on CM 01/02. It just seemed off to me, and I'll be interested what others think of the differences I pointed out. I wonder if the original game data could be found anywhere and if anything could be done with it.
    I loved CM3 and when I found out if wouldn't run on my new computer (I'm guessing it was Windows 2000 or XP) I seriously considered keeping my old one as a stand alone computer just for CM3.

vCash
    Sorry chaps but you are mistaken. CM3 was released in April 99, Vialli was player manager at Chelsea, Laudrup was at Copenhagen. No idea where Sutton was but guessing still at Blackburn.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Championship_Manager_3

vCash
    ok so I was right about vialli being player manager in the original cd, but wrong about laudrup, although I think he was playing in scotland before we signed him.

Now that the memories are flooding back, I also think Eddie Newton may have been at Chelsea still, and they hadn't signed Goldbaek or Hogh at that point

and maybe duberry was at chelsea too just before leeds signed him, but I can't be really sure, as I have lost the old, old scratched cd.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cam F View Post
    I don't think so, I would have to uninstall CM3 again, leave it with me and will do it in next few days once I locate the disk.
    Does anyone still have the original CM3 database? The link isn't working anymore and I would like to try it. Just bought the sold out version, and this database is nothing like the beautiful database I used to play back in the day!

Thanks!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev View Post
    Does anyone still have the original CM3 database? The link isn't working anymore and I would like to try it. Just bought the sold out version, and this database is nothing like the beautiful database I used to play back in the day!

Thanks!
    I have it at home, will post it in next few days if I remember. Maradona on a free with PA 200

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cam F For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Hi Cam, is there an editor for CM 3?

thanks

vCash

CM3 PROJECT

HI HAS ANYONE GOT A LINK FOR A CM3 DATABASE, I DID FIND ONE BUT THE LINK IS INVALID OR EXPIRED. CHEERS GUYS

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast