Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Multiple Installs

vCash
    Whatever is the folder called Championship Manager 01-02 will have the Tapani patch applied. You can rename that and play the version without the patch and not lose anything

vCash

2 versions of the game

Hello everyone! I need your help or advices.
    I decided that I want to keep two versions of the game : 1 original cm 01/02 v60 and 1 with the latest of your updates april 2015.
    So Firstly I had the original game which was not installed with exe file but just downloaded the zip of the game from somewhere, extracted it and it was working just fine for I had a save where I played 7,8 years in it. Let's just say I installed it in C:\Games\CM 2002 folder. I play it on windowed mode.
    Recently I decided to install the newest version which I found on these forums. Downloaded everything and I successfully installed it in program files folder. Created a new save game and etc. But this one I played on full screen.
    After that I decided to go back to my old save games of the original version of the game. When I started it it started on full screen as well. And it was somehow buggy. I could not access the game settings screen because the game crashes when I Press game settings which was not happening before I installed the other game with the latest patch. Moreover, after pressing some of the buttons the screen of the game goes full white mode every time it has to "think" or process data which does not happen on the version with the latest patch.
    SO I guess the both games somehow share video options or something and the newer one bugs the options of the older one.
    Can anyone offer a solution if I want to continue playing both my save games created on the original version of the game and those from the latest patch ?

vCash
    when you run the old game, do you change its folder's name to Championship Manager 01-02?

vCash
    the old game's exe location -> C:\Games\Championship Manager 01-02\CM igrata\cm2002
    the new game's location -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Championship Manager 01-02
    I don't change any names outside the game.
    Ingame I changed the old game's directory in saved games so that I can see my old save games.

vCash
    the game always runs from the Championship Manager 01-02 folder, if the old game is in a different folder then you are running the new game...

put the old game in C:\Program Files (x86) and rename it everytime you need to play with the new one.

i have my versions in the same folder with just a small difference:

Championship Manager 01-02 a
    Championship Manager 01-02 b
    Championship Manager 01-02 c

and when i want to play with one of those i simply remove the extra letter

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to milo For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Hello

Just managed to setup a multiple install setup with 2 games (1 - old db and 2 - new db)

When I have mounted the image file to the virtual drive, I just need to go to Program Files and delete the extra text e.g. Championship Manager 01-02 olddb
    Championship Manager 01-02 (new db) -> deleting the items in the brackets and run the exe in this folder to play on the new db?

Thanks

vCash
    Yes

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Fods For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Cheers mate

I'm thinking of doing an old db game and using a copy of my World Soccer's Top 100 Young Players (Saviola, Mexes, etc) as reference to buying young players

vCash
    Hi

I am going to run the Tapani CM01/02 patcher and wanted to know that if I were to start the game in the modern era, will I leave the game start year as 2014?

Also will the patcher work on the old db with the latest update from SI applied?

Thank you

vCash
    2014 is fine for start year. And yes it works on ODB and all updates.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ebfatz For This Useful Post:

vCash

Idiot proof way to install and run multiple cm games (3.9.60/3.9.68/Tapani patches) on one computer?

Hi Technical support

I have just read in one of the threads that it's possible to install and play several different CM games/updates on one computer all at once.

is this really possible? if yes, can you provide an idiot proof walk through on how to install, save, run, switch game, patch different, update different? is it possible with CD download?

Thank you.

Best regards

vCash
    The thread above is fairly straight forward

vCash

Old game...New game

Hello All

Just a quick query as I can't find it after a quick browse.
    Recently re-installed, playing 3.9.60 and thoroughly enjoying it, although I do have one minor problem...I really do want to play with updated players etc.

Is there a way to have 2 installs? One running 3.9.60 and one running the newest updates etc?

Thanks
    Mr Green

Jesus is offline Official Challenge Team
    Social Media Team
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Green View Post
    Hello All

Just a quick query as I can't find it after a quick browse.
    Recently re-installed, playing 3.9.60 and thoroughly enjoying it, although I do have one minor problem...I really do want to play with updated players etc.

Is there a way to have 2 installs? One running 3.9.60 and one running the newest updates etc?

Thanks
    Mr Green
    You can run saves in parallel with each other, the data folder is only used when creating new games.

vCash
    I understand that Jesus, it was just incase I had a fantastic idea to go back to ODB at some point?

If that makes sense?

Cheers

vCash
    rename your current cm folder, install the game again (so you will have 2 different installations) and when you want to play one of them just be sure that folder has the default name, like this:

http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showth...641#post201641

20. The Following User Says Thank You to milo For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Im sure there was a tutorial but I cant find it, anyway it really is as easy as Install, rename, install, rename.. repeat.

vCash
    Hi chaps if someone could help me out that would really help. Preferable an idiotproof guide! I reinstalled CM01/02 there to try and play the updated database. But I didnt want to lose my original CM0102 game. So during the install I rename the destination folder as NEW but it mustve overwrote the old files and in a panic I thought I'd lost my old original save game!!! Thankfully when I deleted the new install and reinstalled my old game was back in the play saved games section phew!!!

But how do I do it seperately so I can begin to patch it and do a data update? Its a miracle I managed to get the game running with an ISO never mind anything else haha but I really dont want to lose my old saved game and I'm worried I'll overwrite it if I install again a separate game to play the updated version too.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated cheers!

UPDATE: I've tried renaming the original file something else but when I reinstall its still showing as with my old game just cant make no sense of it :-(
    Last edited by NUFC-OMS; 28-01-16 at 11:39 PM.

vCash

Multiple Installs

Save games keep the data that is in so all you need to do is put new update files (e.g April 2015) in Champ Man folder (and overwrite)

Then play a new game which will have April 2015 players

If you want to play your old game simply choose that save game as data there is locked within the save

vCash
    Yeh what Redknapp says, if you have no interest going back to start a new game on the older databases after you have updated then update and start a new game, your old save will still work.

However, if you ant to revert to an older database you are better off with multiple installs. Its so easy its unreal, just follow this and add the updates to your new install, just change the CM folder name when you want to revert. I currently have 6 installations.

Quote Originally Posted by Fodster View Post
    The one marked is active so the one u wanna play should read this...

Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    Install one, rename the CM folder. Install again, rename. Repeat.

vCash
    Right it wont let me upload the image file of what I've done. BASICALLY I've ran the cmexe again from virtual clone drive and installed the game in c/program files (x86)/Championship Manager 01-02.

BEFORE I did this I renamed the ORIGINAL game file c/program files(x86)/Championship Manager 01-02OLD

OK now if I click on either exes and run them my old save file is there thankfully.

Are you saying that if I now patch and update the c/program files (x86)/Championship Manager 01-02. That will let me play a new game from 15/16 and my OLD original game will remain in the CMOLD folder???

Thats all I'm hoping for I dont want to lose that game!!!

Cheers
    Last edited by NUFC-OMS; 29-01-16 at 09:18 AM.

vCash
    Yep exactly that

vCash
    Brilliant thanks a bunch lads!!! I've now got both games at my fingertips

Just one more thing now I know I'm being greedy haha The game doesnt run in full screen? I can only play it windowed or if its in full screen both sides are just plain black any ideas???

Cheers

vCash
    Windowed is the way to go mate! A lot of people have that issue on latest comps, not sure it can be resolved tbh

vCash
    No worries mate I'm not that fussed just glad to get it working! Last thing I need to do is the backgrounds with the new player pics on I love pimping a new game!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast