Thread: Music

vCash

Better than Kosheen

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Scooterfan For This Useful Post:

vCash

Arty. Nuff said .

And for Shawny:

Moving Fusion!

And for Luis Russo/Craig Forest (yep, Portugal/Canada rules )

vCash

vCash

vCash

Music Discussion! - In association with "Diamond Lights" by Chris Waddle & Glenn Hoddle

Anyone got any good albums/singles/EPs yet this year?

Picked up Port Of Morrow Today, The Shins new album in 5 years.

It is amazing. Absolutely breathtaking and such a wide range of music there. Pick it up. Already a contender for Album of 2012.
    Here is the first single, Simple Song. Amazing Video Clip:

In other news, Soundgarden and Mumford & Sons are expected to release a new album this year while Foster The People are going to release a new single from a new album towards the end of the year.

vCash
    Dash Berlin releases a new album in 6 weeks, should be an epic one if the last few singles are anything to go by.

vCash

Good chillout tune to start the weekend........the calm before the storm

vCash

Sean Pauuuuuuuuuul

Me dis! Mainstream can be good sometime

vCash

Feeling like clubbin tonight

vCash
    Poets of the Fall new album (Temple of Thought) is mindblowingly great.

My album of the year so far though is Anathema new album (Weather Systems). Haven't heard something that well constructed in many years!

Here is one song from it:

Since Pink Floyd days, I haven't been as excited with every new album. Anathema is always worth waiting for something new.

I also picked up: The Cranberries - Roses album, which did not disappoint me one bit. It's v. good. You should also check the long forgotten Sinead O'Connor (How About I Be Me (And You Be You)?). She still have this VOCAL I fell in love with when I first heard (Nothing Compares to U). The Shins album, as klosec already mentioned is good, so won't say the same ^^.

I never thought I will write it, but I like Sean Paul - Tomahawk Technique album. It's catchy ffs.

If you're looking for fresh, rarely heard vocals though, definitely check Anneke Van Giersbergen - Everything is Changing album. She is ex-vocalist of The Gathering.

It's unbelievable when you think of 2000 when she did this:

Now for more heavy music fans:

Pick up Ambeon re-release of Fate of a Dreamer album. You will miss out if you don't.

As to why? Because the lyrics and vocals are provided by 14 years old girl. The album is dark and speaks about dying/suicide/killing each other.

Like here... Listen well.

If you are loving more heavy stuff, check Soulfly - Enslaved album. I am not into this kind of thing anymore, but 2-3 years ago... I would have loved it.

Definitely pick Rage - 21 album though. Victor Smolski proved once more why I love smart guitarists so much .

Some people may be looking for female fronted band ala Within Temptation/Nightwish (with Tarja on vocals), so check Xandria - Neverworld's End. You won't find closer resamblence to Nightwish old albums. Imo. You may also check Diabulus in Musica - The Wanderer album. Haven't heard it yet myself though (only listened to promo song from it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd17f21f58s)

Amberian Dawn - Black Circus is amazing too. The symphonical parts at least.

However, there are still albums to get released this year which I want to hear:

New HIM album.
    New Bullet for my Valentine album.
    New DragonForce album.
    Luca Turilli Rhapsody album.
    New Hunter album.

Will update as 2012 moves forward .

vCash
    Great post Info0.
    Defo The Shins is my vote for Album of the Year atm. Only song i disliked was the title track Port of Morrow. But it is still rated 4/5 on itunes Simple Song by far the best track IMO and the clip is amazing.

vCash
    for underground headz :

and more eazy :

vCash
    anyone heard about fuji rock festival ?

vCash

vCash
    Hell yeah! My 4 years awaited CD has arrived .

Was it worth the wait? HELL YES IT WAS! Shinedown – Amaryllis it is called.

Forget the Bully promo song, this is how Shinedown should be like! Fabulous album.

Unfortunately second thing I want to recommend is not available here in Poland . Chimp Spanner - All Roads Lead Here EP.

This guy is one of most talented guitar players. His genre is called djent+progressive. Worth checking out.

Here is a teaser:

Lo.Fi Unattached
    Quote Originally Posted by klosec12 View Post
    Picked up Port Of Morrow Today, The Shins new album in 5 years.

It is amazing. Absolutely breathtaking and such a wide range of music there. Pick it up. Already a contender for Album of 2012.
    Here is the first single, Simple Song.

In other news, Soundgarden and Mumford & Sons are expected to release a new album this year while Foster The People are going to release a new single from a new album towards the end of the year.
    Excellent pick, mate. I agree Simple Song is superb. Couple of other tracks pretty cool too, but after a few listens i'm not sure how it stacks up compared to their 3 other albums. I much prefer Oh, Inverted World. Contender for 2012 album of the year? I doubt it. Fucking great band though.

Anyone got any good albums/singles/EPs yet this year?
    I'm too backwards to listen to anything new, but if you liked the Shins you might just like School of Seven Bells - Ghoststory.

vCash
    I would definatly put Port Of Morrow as my favourite Shins album, Then Wincing The Night Away then Oh, Inverted World. Never felt much for Chutes Too Narrow though. For me the title track was their weakest, but i can find im still listening to every track. Fall of 82 is also a real grower on me and one of my favourites.
    Will give School Of Seven Bells a go as well
    Have you also tried James Mercers side Project Broken Bells? Great album

Lo.Fi Unattached
    Quote Originally Posted by klosec12 View Post
    Have you also tried James Mercers side Project Broken Bells? Great album
    Yes mate. Was listening to that loads last year. Can't remember the names of the tracks but 4 or 5 of them were awesome. Great stuff.

Btw, if you go on spotify and look up the Shins singles off of Wincing The Night Away (Australia, Phantom Limb etc) then you can hear some interesting b-sides. They're versions of already well known tracks but with a twist. Check it out

vCash

Been listening a lot to rock , punk and metal lately .

\w/

vCash

Something for Luis. Mwahaha

Lo.Fi Unattached
    Listening to a bit of early 1990s American indie in the form of Pavement, imho one of the most underrated bands ever...

Last edited by Lo.Fi; 21-03-12 at 08:09 PM.

vCash

As for most underrated bands ever, there is a lot of such bands. Most of them are not in mainstream business though .

We have bands like this:

^^

Lo.Fi Unattached
    Another song from the legendary Pavement. Gold Soundz from 1994.

Thank me later.

Lo.Fi Unattached
    Dunno about anyone else but this thread makes my browser freeze... byeee

vCash

Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast