Page 1 of 78 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions and Comments that Don't Warrant a Thread

vCash

Questions and Comments that Don't Warrant a Thread

General Game Queries in here - someone will know the answer
    Last edited by Fods; 06-03-12 at 08:52 AM.

vCash

What happened to all the threads?

Where have they gone? There were a lot of posts yesterday and today only three

in particular I am concerned with the one regarding "problems with the go.bat" of the Flex tool...

vCash
    Most havent been moved over from the old forum yet mate, am sure it will be moved over soon. In the mean time post in that thread and keep a look out for it all being moved.

vCash

vCash
    It seems a new Chairman take over this site?

vCash
    yes

vCash
    There are some Bundesliga teams which don't have reserve, 'B' or 'II' teams.
    (march, odb update)

Some examples are Hoffenheim, Aachen, Dresden, Fürth, Union Berlin, Magdeburg. Magdeburg even has a Magdeburg II in the game, but is not usable.

I am really more convenient when I can move players to reserves, B's, so it would be good to set reserves or B's for these teams.

Is there an easy way to 'fix' this?

vCash
    Do they Have B teams IRL?

There is a tutorial on how to add B Teams

Cyril Washbrook Unattached
    Quote Originally Posted by Fodster View Post
    Indeed they do, and as shikaka indicates, several of these II teams are in the game. The problem is that they aren't "linked" to the main club, which leaves those clubs without a reserve team.

vCash
    Pop it into the Feedback threads for the latest release and I am sure the ODB Team will sort it out (if its possible)

if you want to fix it yourself check out the Tutorial or link/re-activate the Clubs in the editor

vCash

There is a tutorial on how to add B Teams

Yes, most of them have B teams. Some examples:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TSG_189..._Hoffenheim_II
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamo_...amo_Dresden_II
    http://www.alemannia-aachen.de/nachw...ii/mannschaft/

But it is true that some german teams don't have a second team. For example Fürth or Union Berlin has the first team, and they use an U23 squad as reserves:
    http://www.greuther-fuerth.de/
    http://www.fc-union-berlin.de/nachwuchs/u23/team/

Also, some of them are called 'B', some 'Amateure', some 'A', some '2'.

vCash
    Pop it into the Feedback threads for the latest release and I am sure the ODB Team will sort it out (if its possible)

if you want to fix it yourself check out the Tutorial or link/re-activate the Clubs in the editor
    Quote Originally Posted by shikaka View Post
    Yes, most of them have B teams. Some examples:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TSG_189..._Hoffenheim_II
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamo_...amo_Dresden_II
    http://www.alemannia-aachen.de/nachw...ii/mannschaft/

But it is true that some german teams don't have a second team. For example Fürth or Union Berlin has the first team, and they use an U23 squad as reserves:
    http://www.greuther-fuerth.de/
    http://www.fc-union-berlin.de/nachwuchs/u23/team/

Also, some of them are called 'B', some 'Amateure', some 'A', some '2'.

vCash
    You need to use the Tapani patch but it makes your game unstable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckminster View Post
    You need to use the Tapani patch but it makes your game unstable.
    does it?

vCash
    cm on the go ?

Before the forum moved there was a thread about playing cm via your mobile, is anyone doing this ? If so some pointers would be appreciated as it is very rare i have time to get on my pc.

vCash
    Hey guys, i noticed that some players i released free weren't available to see their stats or even to click on them. I went to manager stats and i couldn't click on them nor i could find them in "find player". So they stopped football? In this case wouldn't the game say that they retired? By the way i can't open the editor, any help? It asks for a file to open when i click on it.

vCash
    foo jam - the game will only show you they have retired for a few months.
    After that, they disappear from the game..
    So if you cant click on them.
    They have retired and probably more than 2 months ago.

Editor - you need to make sure the editor is opening the data file from your CM folder..

But it shud be there as default...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wato20 View Post
    foo jam - the game will only show you they have retired for a few months.
    After that, they disappear from the game..
    So if you cant click on them.
    They have retired and probably more than 2 months ago.

Editor - you need to make sure the editor is opening the data file from your CM folder..

But it shud be there as default...
    Editor worked, thanks! About the retired players, they must have been very disappointed after i released them free because they were under 30 years old!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by foo_jam2002 View Post
    Obviously i did unintentionally By the way, the editor has some blanks in certain fields of attributes, is that normal?
    yes, very normal if you ask me - the game generates the value randomly - within the player's Current Ability range or normality

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ClayDatsusara View Post
    yes, very normal if you ask me - the game generates the value randomly - within the player's Current Ability range or normality
    Thanks, yes, i just figured it out by hovering the mouse over the blanks, i was too eager to know that i posted before i search it thoroughly. I am trying to create a new player but after i "saved as" and opened the editor the name is not in the database. But let me check it out more and if i can't find the solution i will post here again, i don't want to be accused as spammer!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by foo_jam2002 View Post
    Thanks, yes, i just figured it out by hovering the mouse over the blanks, i was too eager to know that i posted before i search it thoroughly. I am trying to create a new player but after i "saved as" and opened the editor the name is not in the database. But let me check it out more and if i can't find the solution i will post here again, i don't want to be accused as spammer!
    are you running the editor "as administrator" ?

or:

why do you "save as"? if you saved the changes you made into a new database, dont forget to search for it when loading it in the editor, as the program loads the default installation database

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ClayDatsusara View Post
    are you running the editor "as administrator" ?

or:

why do you "save as"? if you saved the changes you made into a new database, dont forget to search for it when loading it in the editor, as the program loads the default installation database
    I have windows xp so the admin thing is not a problem (if i am not mistaken this is for later windows). I did it 2 times and it worked, i created 2 players with the same name (i was going for 1 but the first save worked). The one of them was Botswanan, i didn't choose him to be but the game decided for itself. The stats of the player i created (i left blank fields for the other one) weren't as i chose so i don't know what went wrong. Is it possible to load a new player into an existing save game, for example as free so you can sign him?

vCash

uefa rankings wrong

I know many of you guys have played the shit out of this game so i just found another thing that annoys me and I wanted to share. I manage Paniliakos in Greece and i count the uefa rankings of greek teams. Season 01-02 would determine the number of teams of season 03-04 and the points gathered were 10.250 (41.000:4 teams) but when the time came to check what the game would have it only had 9000 points. I checked the next season, the correct would be 7.500 (45.000:6 teams) but the game said only 5.444! Obviously the engine calculates the wrong way and after the intertoto away goals errors, i am disappointed. Of course, i still love the game and i am addicted as i used to in the past but the truth must be told.

Another annoying thing that S.I. didn’t do right, at least in 3.9.60 which i currently use, is to use the rankings the proper way, meaning, the manager needs to know if he’s going to play in the uefa cup or in the champions league or not at all in European competitions, the moment he’s in a current league and not after the league is over! You must know which places in the current league grants you qualification in Europe for the next season, just like in real life.

I had 47 points and PAOK 45, i was third and only 1 match had remained for the league to be over. I said to myself, ok, i play for 2 results, win and draw and if i do it, i will play in the Champions League. I finally lost 1-3 at home and when the league was over, after a month or so, the game had only the first 2 teams at Champions League, so my disappointment for losing was not worth it after all. This is what I mean! Has anyone else noticed ranking flaws? Are they fixed with the patches? Thanks for reading.

vCash
    Great read

vCash
    Not a new player into a save game, u can use a save game editor to amend player details tho...

Page 1 of 78 1234511 ... LastLast