Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: La Liga

vCash
    Statistically Argentina aren't even the second most successful South American country

vCash
    My favourite part was using Péron's (alleged) words as some kind of justification for simply handing Argentina a couple more titles. A more honest and truthful man there perhaps never was

Of course, when Argentina rejoined the rest of the world and went about showing how formidable they were they promptly got hammered 6-1 by Czechoslovakia and finished bottom of a group which included the mighty Northern Ireland.

316'sRegen Unattached
    and we won the fawklands as well

vCash
    Very smart, you are getting war into the discussion. Then go ahead laugh because you're a military power and we aren't.

vCash
    :nana:

vCash
    Sure, you bring up war into a football discussion, but I'm the cunt uh?

vCash
    Still ignoring posts(and parts of posts) that don't suit you, eh?

vCash
    Fiestita, nothing wrong with being proud of your countrymen buddy .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by churky View Post
    Still ignoring posts(and parts of posts) that don't suit you, eh?
    No dude, there's nothing I can tell you about that. Excepting 2002 and 2010 WCs, we were knocked out in epic matches by PKs or by the odd goal. We played against Hagi's Romania, Netherlands and Germany, and we got defeated narrowly, deserving to win in my opinion. Then, in 2002 we got knocked out with a W - L - D form, one that usually ensures qualifying to 2nd Round because the ball didn't get in (we had like 25 shots vs Sweeden). And the only WC after 1990 in which we got a football bath was the last, where with a decimated defense, Germany did whatever they wanted, erased Messi and got Mascherano crazy as he had to run after Otamendi's and Demichelis' failures.

If you figure out, the only "big failures" in history of my national team were 1958, 1970 and 2002. The rest of WCs weren't played for political reasons, or were won, or we were knocked out by a classic team (you can take out Romania maybe, even when they had class players like Hagi and Dumitrescu).

So I can't understand why having 2 WCs and 14 SA cups is so poor for you. Your country only won a WC and you don't see me bullying you.

vCash
    Croatia won a World Cup? When was this?

vCash
    Though churky was english too, my bad. Anyways, making the point, not only Croatia did not win a WC, but also we defeated them in 1998 playing much better than them and I've never bullied a croatian for that.

vCash
    Think you need to differentiate between banter and bullying mate

Making claims that are very biased will always generate counter arguments. Churky makes a valid counter argument, not bullying

vCash
    Flestita you talk so much shit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    Think you need to differentiate between banter and bullying mate

Making claims that are very biased will always generate counter arguments. Churky makes a valid counter argument, not bullying
    But I don't see where I'm wrong, Info0 got my point.

For example Italy: they did not have ever a Pele, or a Maradona, still they got 4 WCs, and that's because they have just very good players like Baggio, Maldino o Vialli, but also they are masters of tactics and tactic discipline.

Then speaking stricktly about best players, it's not a coincidence that in every decade there's an argie contesting for beign the best. It was Moreno first, then Di Stéfano, then Maradona and now Messi. Other countries have just only one in their whole history. Brazil has Pele, Germany has Beckenbauer, Frances has Platini, UK has Best. But we, we have more than one, and that's something about our player's natural quality. About "potrero". Then a single player does not make a team. A well trained full of level fair players can defeat Messi + 10 randoms 7 - 0 for example.

vCash
    Maradona is still the best ever

vCash
    And another fact you will notice is that almost every european team that wins something has an argie in it's starting XI.

vCash
    Also, when you brought up Uruguay to the discussion, I tell you that they are our brothers, they would be a province of Argentina if it weren't of UK commercial influence in early XIX century. We defeated Brazil in war, and defended the Eastern Band of the Uruguay against great odds, but then UK's influence determined that the local government of Montevideo would declare interdependency from Argentina. Still their football traditions and influences are the same. Their accent is the same than in any place of river Plate and Litoral regions.

vCash
    UK has Best?

Are you trying to say that was all we've ever had?

England alone, Are you forgetting Banks, Moore, Hoddle, Gazza, Billy Wright, Greaves, Robson, Lineker, Shilton, Chalrton

Football isnt all about little flair midgits with a bit of pace.
    Last edited by Coys; 15-12-12 at 01:11 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coys View Post
    Football isnt all about little flair midgets with a bit of pace.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coys View Post
    UK has Best?

Are you trying to say that was all we've ever had?

England alone, Are you forgetting Banks, Moore, Hoddle, Gazza, Billy Wright, Greaves, Robson, Lineker, Shilton, Chalrton

Football isnt all about little flair midgits with a bit of pace.
    No, I'm not forgetting them, they are all good players, but for a history top 50, I think only Charlton or maybe Mathews would be considered (not only me, the whole FIFA also states similar).

vCash
    what a load of bollocks.

vCash
    I really wanna take apart all your recent comments cuz some of them are so outlandish but I got absolutely hammered last night and feel like shit.

Argentina is a great football nation but not even close to being the best.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiestita View Post
    Very smart, you are getting war into the discussion. Then go ahead laugh because you're a military power and we aren't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiestita View Post
    Also, when you brought up Uruguay to the discussion, I tell you that they are our brothers, they would be a province of Argentina if it weren't of UK commercial influence in early XIX century. We defeated Brazil in war, and defended the Eastern Band of the Uruguay against great odds, but then UK's influence determined that the local government of Montevideo would declare interdependency from Argentina. Still their football traditions and influences are the same. Their accent is the same than in any place of river Plate and Litoral regions.

vCash
    What's wrong with my comment? I spoke about the reason why Uruguay is independent from Argentina, the other comment was clearly intended to pike me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patinoz View Post
    I really wanna take apart all your recent comments cuz some of them are so outlandish but I got absolutely hammered last night and feel like shit.

Argentina is a great football nation but not even close to being the best.
    Argentina is not far from the best. I agree with the fact that having the best player of a certain time, does not automatically set a nation as the best. The whole team has to be the best, and Argentina wasn't the best enough times. Still we are as much classic candidates to a WC as Italy, Brazil, Germany or Uruguay.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast