Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Network Game Queries

316'sRegen Unattached
    I haven't used windows 8 yet mate, sorry

I imagine windows Me setting could work but if you want to give a bit more detail on what happens with your network game I or someone else will try and help.

have you created exceptions for hamachi and cm in your antivirus and firewall?

vCash

Network problem

Set up a network game as a host, but although the client connecting gets into the game, it frequently 'sticks' or freezes. Sometimes it unsticks but eventually it will happen and we can't fix it, it remains frozen. Hamachi shows our link is working fine (green icon).

Any ideas why this might be happening?

Cheers!

vCash
    I remember it happening sometimes. Hamachi is not very stable I guess. You better save frequently and if it freezes try kicking the clients off of your game by shutting down Hamachi while keeping CM0102 going. When you turn Hamachi on again the game should continue on your end with the other players on holiday mode. Then they can join in.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ClayDatsusara For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Turn the heating up.. Should help with the freezing

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EL-TOPPO For This Useful Post:

vCash

Angry Networkplay on Windows 8. How?!

You cant choose Windows NT in compability mode, so how can you play network on Windows 8.

We have tried everything!!!!!!

Sugestions??

//Thanks!

vCash

Windows 8.1 - network game problem

Hey guys, it won't let me create a network game on windows 8.1. I already searched and tried everything... compatibility mode, ip.exe, ~net out file edited with hamachi ip, disabled windows firewall, even took out the network cable from router and put it directly into PC so I don't have to forward any ports... Still not working. Last year I could play but I had windows 7 installed. Now I can't create a network game anymore on windows 8.1. I really don't know what else could I try, reinstalling windows 7 would be the last solution but I don't really want that. I even tried today a virtual xp in WMware workstation, that didn't work either, I still couldn't create a game. I guess windows 8.1 didn't let it work. Oh and one more thing, I can't open the game when the compatibility is set to win98/me... it doesn't do anything, the game doesn't open. It works with compatibility set to xp sp2/3, even without any compatibility. Could that be the problem? Why it doesn't open with compatibility set to win 98/me? NT is not on the list anymore in win 8.1... Please help, let me know if you have anything in mind that could help me.

vCash

Start networkgame in Windows 8.

Has someone managed to start a network game using windwows 8?
    Its a huge problem and I hope someone here have a solution to this problem.

I'm getting really frustrated here!!

Come on!!!! =)

Thanks!!

vCash
    Not 100% on starting a net game, as Im on Win 7, but the guys I play with, are on 8 and they can Join fine

vCash

Lightbulb REQUEST! Good, Free Firewall Program That Will Allow CM and Hamachi Through?

Right, so I've worked out finally that my Comodo Firewall was the culprit in blocking me from joining network games. Once unistalled, with only windows firewall running (exceptions for CM and Hamachi added) I was able to get a network game running fine

ideally, though, I'd like to know some good free firewall programs that will let me run CM network games.

What are you guys using?

(Thanks)

vCash
    Windows Firewall (+wfc) + Microsoft Security Essentials only. No third party commercial shit (*Norton, AVG and "others") will get on my PC and boggle it up reducing performance to shreds .

One more thing: know what you're doing on net and what you're downloading. No virus/trojan/spyware here since 2003... :]

13. The Following User Says Thank You to info0 For This Useful Post:

vCash

Eradicating the Lag on Network Games

Hi guys, having trialled a network game between two laptops, I noticed there was a slight delay between each click and the next screen appearing when playing as the guest player in a network game.

Is there a way to lessen that at all?

obviously, it's being quite fussy as the delay is very short, but after getting used to the razor sharp cĺicking action, it is admittedly slightly grating.

Also, the during matches, the commentary skips in places. is there anything that can de done about that?

Thanks in advance.

vCash
    The host will always be able to play and click through as if they were playing a normal solo game, therefore people who have joined will always have that slight delay, so assuming your talking of a second delay, 2 at the max, then no this cant be prevented. Just to refresh though, I always double click the 'IP' Icon in my CM folder, even though nothing happens, i see it as a refresh when paying online

Mikey

vCash
    Thanks for the reply Mikey.

I guess it's how all network games are then. it's not too bad, not even a second, actually, but with the game running at fast commentry on x4 speed, it jumps through the commentary a bit, and the interesting goal *flash* moment is missed sometimes...

Guess I'll slow down the commentary speed to medium.

vCash
    I've tried starting up a network following the guidance given previously but when I attempt to change the ip address in the ~net file it says access denied. Any clues?

vCash
    For those of you struggling to play network games using windows 8 I have finally managed to get mine working after a lot of looking, for someone who is not computer literate it took a while. Basically it wasn't connecting due to the wrong ip address listed in the ~net file. However I was unable to change this to the one on the Himachi program it kept saying access denied. Basically you have to change the permissions in the properties page. one I did this it worked fine.

vCash

Network Game Problem

Hi all, me an my bro are trying to play a network game.

But when he tried to connect to me, he connects then this happens (See below)

So he can't enter his details and click continue to pick team as you can see above, he is playing on windows 8, we are using Tapani 2.19.2 patch

Anyone seen this before?

vCash

Match online

HI, is it possible to play online? how?

vCash
    An entire section dedicated to the cause! http://www.champman0102.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=164

It's not a case of a matchmaking system, you have to find someone to play online with.

vCash

Lightbulb Network game

hello guys .. I wanted to create a network game in order to play with my friends .. can someone help me ?

vCash
    There is a section here dedicated to Network games biagio

http://www.champman0102.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=164

vCash
    thank you!

vCash

Faults on running games?

After fixing up an old laptop for a mate (stripped XP off it and put on Vista) I put on Champ Manager 01/02 and 02/01 games. After some fangling I checked they both ran ..... no probs, no sign of memory issues or crashes but I didn't run entire seasons (using the run as admin fix). My mate just told me that BOTH games will allow him to play a single season but then start going awry? Any suggestions?

The 01/02 game is patched (SI, Tapani and Oct update) and 00/01 game is left as standard yet both only last a year? seems to much of a coincidence to be unrelated?

Cheers

vCash
    which tapani? and what start year?

vCash
    Can it be the Tapani? it also happens on the unaltered game? unless the patch automatically updates all versions of champ that are on a machine?

It was 2.20 and the start year is whatever it is as standard after installing it because I don't believe my mate altered it?

cheers

vCash
    what error do you get when they stop?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast