Quote Originally Posted by Fodster View Post
    'my mate'
    Eh?

vCash
    The error box says 'cm0001.exe has stopped working'

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Taribowestsleftfoot View Post
    Eh?
    Just teasing mate, normally when a person refers to my mate, its normally happening to them

vCash
    LOL I'm not shy about my shockingly bad techno ineptitude because I more than make up for it in sexual tyrannosaurusness.

As I've mentioned in a few other threads, I'm currently bedding in my new computer (again, I fucking hate gubbins) so texted my mate and said now that I was up and running again he could drop his laptop round and I'd try to sort it. It would seem the game has started working normally? I dunno, CM games do kinda run like drunk leprechauns on modern machines.

vCash

Game keeps crashing PLEASE HELP

Hi guys having problem me and my bro do network games and sometimes this error message happens (CM0102.exe has stopped working) happens every session now first full season was ok but second season this keeps happening this also happened in previous english league we did that lasted 6 seasons before we encountered problems, i have the latest:

3.9.68T Patch
    Windows NT 4.0 compatibility
    Latest April data update.
    Windows firewall allowing cm on public network.
    I never do background leagues.
    We start game in 2014.
    Tried running as admin to no avail

He also has same settings considering starting new game but want to avoid the game constantly crashing any ideas or has anybody got a setup where they never get the error message like different patch or certain update pack or maybe starting in different year?

vCash
    Do network games work with Tapani patches applied? If I'm not mistaken he'd said before it wasn't an area he really looked at due to the lower volume of people playing network games. Could be wrong on that.

vCash
    Obviously not what you wanna do, but going on what dermo said, do a fresh install without the tapani patch.

vCash
    I agree with erk on this one

vCash
    yes network games have been working with the patch applied just get the error message usually a few seasons into a game but thanks ill give it a go and see what happens

vCash

Network problem

I have registered for LogMeIn after visiting the Hamachi site. and registered two users. One for my brother and one for me. But how do I connect the computers in the correct way? Should I use the same login on both computers? :S I have followed the instructions on this site, and created a network game. But how can I join this game from my brothers computer? Please give me detailed information

Sorry for poor english.

vCash

Post Networking problems windows 10

Followed all instructions on forums to load a network game such as Hamachi, replacing ~net file etc.
    Everytime try to create a game it either will not create or it cannot be joined despite being in a Hamachi group.

Any tips on solving this issue? Thanks

vCash
    I was able to run network games brilliantly, tried upgrading to Windows 10 and it wouldn't do it whatsoever, no matter what I tried.
    Now I'm back on the original!

vCash
    i play network on w10 and my mate plays on 8.1 if you do it right then it works but it takes some time to make it work! iam gonna talk to my friend so mabey we can upload information on how to make it work!

vCash
    Same problem for me. Windows 10 just doesn't want to play ball. I can't even edit the net.out file with a Hamachi address. Despite having admin rights, Windows tells me I don't have permission to save the reconfigured net.out file. Tried saving it to the desktop and copying over to the correct location but computer says "No!"

Without the the Hamachi IP, Champy fails to load a network game as my IP address resolves back to the usual 192.168.X.X

vCash

Online Cm 0102 wirh windows 10

Hi we are trying to play Cm 01-02 , we are both on windows 10
    Anyone get that to work, anf if so, how ?
    We have follow the steps with hamachi etc, who was in here
    http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=57

vCash
    One thing I've noticed is that it only lets you host the game if using an Ethernet cable. If I unplug it and use wireless, the IP is wrong or won't create a game. Not sure if it's just me but that's always been the solution for me when networking CM 01/02.

I'd be interested if this did solve other people's problems.

vCash
    Did anyone ever figure out how to make this work on Windows 10? I'd love to know.

Any info or step by step instructions on how to set a network game on Windows 10?

Would love to play this with my brother who is in another country but can't figure out how to make it work for us both on Windows 10

Thanks.

vCash
    Use Compatibility for Windows 95 & Disable High DPI Settings,Run As Administrator. You Want to Also do the old TCP/IP on your network Devices like the good old days. This works for both Wi-Fi & Wired & Through the Hamachi setup as well. If you can as well search in for the windows on/off features and enable all of the NT Framework as this helps too. I did everything via the other forum's but added in a change for Windows 95 & disabling the high scaling DPI Setting on the same section. Do not delete your DLL file either as that can create conflict. Please let me know how you get on and also i hope this makes sense as i'm not really great at explaining i do apologize.

vCash
    Sorry to be a pain but is there any chance of doing a bullet list of steps to follow from the very beginning. When you have some time of course.

I'd really appreciate it.

vCash
    Has anyone been playing their network games over the internet, as in not on the same network.
    A couple of years ago I had a game going but can't for the life of me figure it out now.
    Having created the network game, only my internal IP is shown. How do it make sure my hosted game will be working as in the old days and making my external IP show and be joinable?

vCash
    Can you explain the process of "do the old TCP/IP"?

vCash

Wireless network game creation problem

Hello guys

I am brand new on these blogs things, and I dont know if I am doing things right, so if I am doing something stupid please let me know.

I am used to play CM 01/02 in the same computer with my brother, unfortunately he needed to move and now we will play on separated computers.

My problem is that I cannot even create a new game on the network options, what could be going wrong? I have a Windows 8.1, maybe this is relevant.

Thank you

vCash
    Hello mate, don't know much about networking myself.

Although this thread states Win 7, its the same principals for Windows 8.

Have a read, its a "Getting Started" tutorial for Network Gaming -
    Getting started with Champman Network Games (Win7)

vCash
    Works perfectly

Thank you very much

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast