Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Network Game Queries

vCash

Network Game Queries

Got the game running fine on a new windows 8 laptop. Only issue is trying create a network game. Was able to create network games fine on my old laptop. This is just a LAN network game as well so no issues with hamachi. Know what I'm doing with the IP files and everything is okay there.

What other problems can cause the game to be unable to create a network game? Has anyone had any success hosting a network game on windows 8?

vCash
    Hi mate.

Never played with windows 8 although had a look at it recently and it looks to me like they have just slapped the tile system on there instead of the start menu, I can't imagine there is any difference with the .Net framework in any case.

make sure the cm0102.exe's properties are correct (NT4.0 compatibility and run as admin)
    and make sure you have deleted the cpuinf32.dll file from the data folder.

For LAN games you will need to check out the network card's ip address which will usually be 192.168.xxx.xxx and can be found in adapter settings
    dynamically assigned ip addresses can be an issue here and it's wise to manually assign ip addresses to all computers (network cards) that wish to join the game.

Also if you are playing a pure LAN game, the computers need to be physically linked up on the same network
    Wireless may not work, unless you use hamachi (which simply makes the computers believe they are physically linked in the same room/network by ethernet)
    You say the ip in the net file is correct but just do a quick check in game settings/manager status screen to see what the ip is, then anyone joining can type that ip instead of the game name.

However if the game can't be created you can't get this far, so just double check the net out file has the same ip as the network card.

The next thing to check, and in 90% of cases the thing that causes the problem, is the security settings of the hosting computer. I know you haven't actually got to the point where the game has been created but a potential pitfall is also your PC seeing the others joining as a threat and blocking access. In that case

"the network game 192.168.xxx.xxx could not be joined"

will be the error and disabling security and firewalls will usually sort this out.

Let us know how you get on and an idea is also to install hamachi and join the champmanclan group.
    There are usually a few guys on there that will be happy to help

vCash
    Hi, having the exact same problem. And tried all that as well...

Maybe the problem is that we cant select NT 4.0 ?

Unavngivet.jpg

Was planning to chill in the bed with NFL, my hangovers, and a network game with my brother in the other room. Now i kinda regret getting Windows 8 on this work laptop

vCash
    Got it up and running finally. Wasn't automatically picking up the correct IP, but turns out the IP I was manually changing it to was also wrong. Bit of a daft mistake on my part. Couldn't get NT 4.0 compatibility mode either, but 98/ME worked fine in the end.

vCash
    Happy days :dance1:

vCash

Question WINDOWS 8 create new network game ???

i can run the game and play it normally as start new game but caant create new network game....i followed the tutorial....BUT: on windows 8:

ip.exe -> compatibility -> there is no windows NT 4.0 service pack 5 listed like in the tutorial.... HELP ME OUT?

thanks
    Last edited by kruleone13; 04-02-13 at 02:34 AM.

vCash

PROBELM WITH CREATING NETWORK GAME AS HOST ON WIN 8

in the compatibility mode in the cm0102.ex file is no windows NT listed.....so my ip.exe cant recognize the ip from hamachi....
    i can play everything normally on windows 8 except hosting a network game......i followed all tutorials....but my net.out file just doest show the right adress whatever i do.....
    i know its annoying but an advice or a tutorial would be appricated and usefull..

THANKS

rod_morash Unattached
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_3_16 View Post
    Hi mate.

Never played with windows 8 although had a look at it recently and it looks to me like they have just slapped the tile system on there instead of the start menu, I can't imagine there is any difference with the .Net framework in any case.

make sure the cm0102.exe's properties are correct (NT4.0 compatibility and run as admin)
    and make sure you have deleted the cpuinf32.dll file from the data folder.

For LAN games you will need to check out the network card's ip address which will usually be 192.168.xxx.xxx and can be found in adapter settings
    dynamically assigned ip addresses can be an issue here and it's wise to manually assign ip addresses to all computers (network cards) that wish to join the game.

Also if you are playing a pure LAN game, the computers need to be physically linked up on the same network
    Wireless may not work, unless you use hamachi (which simply makes the computers believe they are physically linked in the same room/network by ethernet)
    You say the ip in the net file is correct but just do a quick check in game settings/manager status screen to see what the ip is, then anyone joining can type that ip instead of the game name.

However if the game can't be created you can't get this far, so just double check the net out file has the same ip as the network card.

The next thing to check, and in 90% of cases the thing that causes the problem, is the security settings of the hosting computer. I know you haven't actually got to the point where the game has been created but a potential pitfall is also your PC seeing the others joining as a threat and blocking access. In that case

"the network game 192.168.xxx.xxx could not be joined"

will be the error and disabling security and firewalls will usually sort this out.

Let us know how you get on and an idea is also to install hamachi and join the champmanclan group.
    There are usually a few guys on there that will be happy to help
    i am in 90% of cases.

I played since month with a Friend in Italy, me being in Germany.

We have several games together, just now noone work..

I used to be the host, I have all the saves.
    Now i am in a new house and apparently the only difference is that.. I was on a LAN based internet as now (just before it was faster)..

Just now I cannot make new games, he cannot either, always the same answer, "the network game 192.168.xxx.xxx could not be joined" or something like that (the game is in Italian )

any hint about how to change this weird situation?

I mean, before it worked just fine, now it's a cathastrophe..

rod_morash Unattached

failure recovering a former game

Hi everybody.

I used to play with a friend online, just now it does not work anymore.

We have several games played together, several saves, several hours of game.

Just now i Moved out from my old house, and in the new one it does not work.
    Any clue why?
    Why when i load the game and give him the IP the guy receives as a message "cannot join bla bla bla"?
    Why before instead it worked just fine?

I have win 7 he got Vista.

other possible helps to the discussion:

It does not allow me to create a new mach either: i create it, he cannot access it.
    We were never able to let him host the matches, also we never really tried.
    I live in a weird house with 4 more people, the landlord is a schizo and needs the mac adress to allow you to go in internet. I just screwed him by using an ethernet cable that avoids the mac stuff, still maybe the rooter security matters..

I tried also to run it without a firewall activated, still no help.

vCash

vCash
    change your net file in the cm folder manually to your hamachi ip

vCash
    Man, please give me a short description of what you excactly did to run a network game as host....when you change the IP manually...do you type your LAN IP or the hamachi IP.....TUTORIAL PLEASE or i am going to fuckin kick my PC with shitty WIN 8 on it.

PLEEEASSEE! tnx

vCash
    guys, read the tutorial in the network games forum, it goes through compatibility and troubleshooting, including manipulating and forcing the ip to remain the value you want (to use hamachi)

vCash
    once changed make it read only and delete the ip application in the champ folder

(fodster has shared the link that shows all this with screenshots)

vCash
    I think my problem is i have no net out file iether does my mate any ideas?

vCash
    i got a brilliant idea. run the ip file as admin.

vCash
    could be show compatibility files to bring it up if that isn't the problem.

I've used the same net file now for ages as i save it when deleting and re-installing. It's only a notepad file at the end of the day so just copy the format in the tutorial but replace the top line with your own hamachi ip.

vCash

Could not open socket 113, No route to host

Hello to all,

when i want to download file from sendspace i got this error:

"Could not open socket 113, No route to host"

Any solution to this problem?

Thanks

vCash
    Which file?

vCash
    twas thi8s one "Serbian league patch March 2013 update" but now it is ok. dont get it ?

vCash
    Probably an issue with Sendspace at the time

vCash

Play 5 different times on network game

I have just started at network game with 4 of my friends. We play the italian League. Almost every game week in the League we play 5 different times because of tv rights. Sometimes even 3 different times on sundays. Is it possibel to change so we play the same day/time or 2 different times? The game will be more faster and not so much waiting for other players.

vCash
    Hey Guys
    I hope you can help me with a bit of a problem. I have just installed the new data update and now for some reason i am not able to create a new network game.. I used to be able to do so.
    I tried to do it at my work today and there i was able to create a game

What have i done so far
    - removed the cp.. something file mentioned earlier in this thread
    - running the game in NT compatability
    - pressed the IP file in the CM folder
    - I can join a network game
    - disabled my firewall

Hope somebody can help me with this issue.. I simply cant understand why I all of sudden cannot create the game... I have also tried to reload the game i created at work and it says the same thing

Best
    Choe

vCash
    read the tutorial and troubleshooting!

http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showth...-network-games
    Last edited by 316'sRegen; 25-10-13 at 12:37 PM.

vCash

Can't create network game

I've followed all the instructions on creating a network game using Hamachi by Chris316, but I'm still getting the same error. The one step I can't complete is setting cm0102.exe to NT compatibility, that's just not an option in Win8. Currently it's running in XP service pack 3 compatibility mode and as administrator. Does anyone know how to solve this issue as I almost has to be the last thing preventing me from creating a network game?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast